Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

MCC Freezing on Starting Screen

OP Fizzico

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Does anyone else have this annoying problem where whenever you start up MCC, just after you press the menu button of the controller the screen freezes shortly after? I do and its annoying.
Every time this happens i have to restart my console because its the only way to get it to work again.
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it but the problem is still present.
I have tried everything i can think of.
If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Thank you.
I just posted about this same bug. I swear this only starting happening to me like 2 or 3 days ago WTF?!
Wow I was nervous when this started happening to me like 2 nights ago as well and thought my profile was corrupt or something, but now it seems like this may actually be a common bug for people. I hit start and the main menu might load successfully every 1 out of 3 or so times. But once it starts freezing I have to also restart my console for it to work again.
This happens at least 2 out of 3 times every time I boot up into the Master Chief Collection. This must be a new problem because I see other people are having it as well. Please fix this issue 343!
Seriously. I've tried loading this game up NINE TIMES TONIGHT and I still can't get it to load. Unacceptable. 343 you need to fix this ASAP.
Had the same issue with no fix I've been able to find
AidsRUs88 wrote:
Had the same issue with no fix I've been able to find
Same here.... even uninstalled the game and still freezing.
I'm having the same issue. The console however stays alive. The game freezes at the press start screen if I actually press start. It locks up, makes a loud beeping sound for 8 seconds then goes to dashboard.

I have reinstalled the game. Tried internal and external, same issue.

I am currently on a preview dashboard.
Same here, update the game and not be able to play it? Shameful.
Another update to this, it looks like it is linked to an issue with the profile.
On the same console (my one that keeps crashing at the start screen) my friend can log on with his profile and everything is normal.

As soon as i log back in as me, the game crashes!

I have then proceeded to delete my game saves from the console, but that hasn't fixed my issue.
With this crowd. Once it says hit start to access menu it freezes only seconds later. Reinstalled to no difference. So much for MCC. Of course no updates or fixes.
Same issue here. Just frozen visuals but music still live right after I hit the menu button. Deleted local save data, no avail.

I am part of the insider preview for xcloud/xbox xbox streaming.
UrbanZubr wrote:
Same issue here. Just frozen visuals but music still live right after I hit the menu button. Deleted local save data, no avail.

I am part of the insider preview for xcloud/xbox xbox streaming.
Same here
My game is doing the same thing but I think it's jus loads up like that. I let it sit on the title screen for about 3-5 minutes and it loads up so jus try waiting
The game hard crashes to the dashboard for us so waiting isn't an option unfortunately.
Having the same problem haven't played halo in forever got it from the Game Pass on Xbox and wanted to play Reach but I press start it spins like 3 times then the screen freezes audio continues and nothing happens. So much for a late night halo binge.
I too am having this problem.

Surprising no admins have come along to tout how awesome Halo is and to chide people for complaining.
I was having the same issue but I just fixed it for myself! This only works for Xbox, though.

I noticed the main issue was MY profile, since I tried it with a backup account I own and it worked just fine, so what I did was:
  • Deleted my account from my console
  • Re-downloaded the account
  • I started up the game and clicked the start button but when it says it's gonna sync the data click on close/cancel
  • Something might pop up, click "ok" and restart the game
  • When you start again it will ASK you to sync the data from saved updates but click cancel
And that's it! It worked perfectly for me, it appears to be an issue when syncing your data, and I don't know whether it's a 343i issue or an Xbox issue.

I hope this works for some of you!!
Yeah I love spending the night letting it update and can’t play a game that my friends are and my hype is dying rn so please fix it 343
This is happening to me too. I’ve tried 10 times in a row now and every time it freezes on the start screen after I hit A - except for one time. It loaded my profile and said something about no longer syncing my private information, that it would be manually uploaded. Thats the only time I got further than pressing A.

I have an Xbox one X if that affects anything.

SOLUTION - let it sit on the frozen screen for 5-10 minutes and it should start.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3