MCC Freezing on Starting Screen

OP Fizzico

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I found a SOLUTION(ish), it’s worked for everyone I know that’s tried it. I just let the game sit there frozen and it started. Took at least 5 minutes, but it did finally load. I tried on a brand new account and it loaded immediately, so I’m guessing it has something to do with loading old profile data.
I found a SOLUTION(ish), it’s worked for everyone I know that’s tried it. I just let the game sit there frozen and it started. Took at least 5 minutes, but it did finally load. I tried on a brand new account and it loaded immediately, so I’m guessing it has something to do with loading old profile data.
Can confirm, this works.

I guess don't be a Halo veteran lol
When my game crashes on my xbox x, it freezes for 8 seconds and then boots back to the dashboard, so it won't let me wait for the 5 mins like you said?
I'm having the same issue. Open Halo MCC, press the start button at the launch screen and it freezes. I've hard-reset my Xbox, re-installed MCC, and even played the waiting game. I'm currently moving the game files from my External SSD to the Xbox internal HDD to see if that makes any difference. I'll update if I have any new info.
Also having this issue. After about 5 seconds of loading the game freezes. Can still hear the audio but screen is frozen. Tried resetting the game over 20 times now, also tried hard reboot, still nothing. Tried the wait it out solution but I get an Xbox error saying "Halo: The Master Chief Collection took too long to start" then my game crashes. Tried deleting all my game data and reset the game. Still no luck. This game is unplayable in this state. Completely unacceptable
I can confirm just letting it sit for a long time, works. mine took 5-10 minutes.

for those that crash to the dashboard, i've got nothing for you.

i'm on a (taco bell) 1X with alpha skip ahead dashboard.
Me and a friend just discovered it, delete your xbox cloud data, only thing is, it resets your level so you start at level 1
I got a fix.
first delete your save file.
then launch the game while offline.
On the start screen you’ll get a failed to migrate message, press A to dismiss it.
play it for about an hour, then save & quit it.
Close the game completely by pressing menu while it’s highlighted, then choose quit.
reconnect your console, or computer, to the internet & launch the game.
Yeah waiting after it freezes worked for me. Took about 5 mins.
I'm having this same problem. Please help!

This post has been hidden.

Heyo, I just installed Reach for MCC on my husband’s console (because hype) and his console is doing the exact same thing. It did do it before I installed Reach so it’s not that. I’ve tried letting it sit for a minute before hitting the start button. No dice, still freezes. I’m pretty sure my console isn’t doing this though. I’ll have to check.
This is bloody annoying because we were planning to play Reach this weekend together. Oh well.

Edit: just turned on my console, it’s loading up MCC fine. Wtf

2nd edit: waiting several minutes, it eventually unfroze, then asked me to restart the game to finished syncing ToT
but then it loaded up fine. Whew
TLDR: Give it some time to load, its 98+ gigs of data.

I bought the disc version of MCC waaay back when it was new. Never had issues then. Stopped playing after a few months until Reach was announced.

It froze after hitting start every single time. I've uninstalled/reinstalled both with and without the disc installed (I now have Game Pass), still no luck. Then I had a 90's gamer moment: let it sit for a few hours while I'm out to let any updates load, as this monster has gigs of updates, patches, and whole games added onto the original game "frame"

Well that worked. I was gone about 30 minutes, so it was fairly quick. Came back and it was on the menu screen. Every game works fine. Not saying it's THE guaranteed fix, but it's a thing that did work.
Hit options on Halo: MCC > Manage game & add - on > Saved Data > Click your gamer tag > Delete Everywhere

Worked for me. I didn’t really care about what data it deletes however. So be careful before doing this. But it worked for and I was able to get in.
I'm also having the same problem.
This issue happened to occur on PC as well. For those on PC though all you have to do is keep alt tabbing to refresh the image, and work your way into the settings to change it from fullscreen to windowed.
I literally started playing again because of the recent update to bring back halo reach and now it freezes at the start soon as I press the menu button? I waited about 5-10 minutes and it stared working !!!:) still this issues must be resolved.
Its syncing your data but the syncing data screen is hidden behind the menu screen just wait like 5-15 min max and it will load
I found a shorter way of fixing mcc all you have to do is delete the save files for the game then start the game & then when it comes up to the part of syncing game data cancel the syncing then it will come up with two options: 1. Keep syncing & 2. Stop syncing. Pick the second option & then the game will start. Once you have bypassed the title screen play a level of your choosing then quit the game & start it again once the game starts up it will sync again but this time it will come up with two options 1. Use the newer save that you have just created or 2. Use the save file that is on the cloud pick the first option & continue playing this should fix your game unfortunately you will have to start from scratch. Hope this helps
This issue is still present... in case people are still wondering
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4