Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

MCC Halo 1 - 3 campaign coop SEVERE crash problem

OP Vanille Eice

Dear 343team,

recently I wanted to play through the MCC campaigns with my brother-in-law and we have experienced severe technical troubles.

The issue is always the same: While playing any coop mission in Halo 1, Halo 2 or Halo 3 in the MCC, at seemingly random points the game suddenly freezes without any prior warning, the sound gets stuck (buzzing sound), the screen freezes and after a few seconds the MCC crashes to the XBOX ONE home screen.

Obviously, this causes us to be at the beginning of the mission again in which the game crashed. As you can imagine, this is very frustrating, especially when you are already close to the very end of the mission. The crashes did not happen in all missions, but rather it looks like they come at seemingly random times, even though it seems to be likely that there is a reason for the crashes we cannot find out yet.

I must stress again that we have experienced this issue in Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 so far, while we have not played Halo 4 coop campaign so far and therefore cannot say, whether Halo 4 is affected as well.

Given the fact that I am a huge Halo fan since the very first Halo: CE, I must say that I am very, very disappointed. This is really making the coop experience somewhat bad, because we have to fear a crash and having to start the mission over any second.

I would like to know if this issue is already known and also if and when 343 plans to address and remedy this issue.

Thank you and all the best!
I used to have this issue as well before the game got heavily updated. Haven't tried since. I thought they resolved these problems. :/