Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Is it just me or after a couple of matches when you connect to a game, the game stops and then crash right before the match starts? First I thought it was like a one time thing but after it has happened to me now a couple of times I can't stop to wonder if anybody else experiences this or if it's just me.

Edit: Before this post I had never experience my xbox crashing or even heard of a game being able to do that but got to know about it here when people said it happened on their xbox one X but now I can confirm it happens on regular xbox one too. My first MCC match I had my console crashed during start of game then had two halo 3 matches and then the same thing happened. So now I'm gonna test some people theory that it's actually the new skins doing this and I'm testing this by disable new skins in halo ce and halo 3.(Going to post on this thread later on if the theory was correct or not)
Happens on ce on the xbox all the time. I take breaks in fear of longer bans.
I can say it's been getting more frequent in the past few weeks.
If on Xbox one, try clearing your cache. With your Xbox off, unplug the power cord from the outlet for ten seconds, plug back in, wait for it to cycle(the power supply will turn on briefly, then turn back off) and then turn your Xbox back on.

I crash every now and then and when it starts happening more frequently I always clear the cache, it seems to help. I play CE on an OG Xbox One.
Sebbe29 wrote:
Is it just me or after a couple of matches when you connect to a game, the game stops and then crash right before the match starts? First I thought it was like a one time thing but after it has happened to me now a couple of times I can't stop to wonder if anybody else experiences this or if it's just me.
It's a problem for most people. I play in parties with a lot of different people and someone's game crashes everyday I play. For me it happens in 1 out of 25 games or so on average. What has me worried is that the problem isn't even listed on the Known issues section of the halo support site. The problem has been present since season 1, with each new season making the problem a little worse, more frequent.

Yesterday I managed to get a clip while the game was frozen right before it crashed.
Enroj wrote:
If on Xbox one, try clearing your cache. With your Xbox off, unplug the power cord from the outlet for ten seconds, plug back in, wait for it to cycle(the power supply will turn on briefly, then turn back off) and then turn your Xbox back on.

I crash every now and then and when it starts happening more frequently I always clear the cache, it seems to help. I play CE on an OG Xbox One.
Thanks for the tip! I will try that :)
Sebbe29 wrote:
It's a problem for most people. I play in parties with a lot of different people and someone's game crashes everyday I play. For me it happens in 1 out of 25 games or so on average. What has me worried is that the problem isn't even listed on the Known issues section of the halo support site. The problem has been present since season 1, with each new season making the problem a little worse, more frequent.

Yesterday I managed to get a clip while the game was frozen right before it crashed.
That is pretty disturbing that it isn't listed as a problem, I didn't noticed that problem really back in season 1 but it could have been cause I didn't play a lot then. For me it doesn't happen during a game that it crashes but right when all of players are in the matchmaking lobby and right before you jump into the loading screen for the match, so right before that it starts the game crashes and it happens pretty much in the same frequency.
I crash 2-3x a session during Halo 3 MP now. I don't remember crashing ONE TIME on the 360
On my Xbox One X it crashes about once a week and when it does it shuts the whole console off. My brother who is on the base Xbox One, it’s been crashing multiple times a day for him. It always seems to occur in the loading screen right before a game or a few moments after the game starts.
could be coz of all the new skins and armor pieces
I crash 2-3x a session during Halo 3 MP now. I don't remember crashing ONE TIME on the 360
Same here, never have any halo game crashed for me on xbox 360.
On my Xbox One X it crashes about once a week and when it does it shuts the whole console off. My brother who is on the base Xbox One, it’s been crashing multiple times a day for him. It always seems to occur in the loading screen right before a game or a few moments after the game starts.
That it shuts down the whole console is really weird and you should contact xbox support cause then it's probably not just the game that there is something wrong with. For me it happens the same as your brother that it occurs right before a game starts.
sionibob wrote:
could be coz of all the new skins and armor pieces
Thats one possibility! When I played halo mcc back when it was released it didn't crash (tho they did have the problem with finding online matches to play....)
I've had it shutdown my xbox one x console at least twice as well. Both were loading into Halo 3 matches. I posted about this the day after the most recent patch.

Halo 3 has had numerous issues introduced or reintroduced with whatever changes they made. The patch was 20gb, roughly the size of Halo 3 - I believe these issues stem from totally changing the H3-build that players have to support the Halo Online asset port.
Sebbe29 wrote:
That it shuts down the whole console is really weird and you should contact xbox support cause then it's probably not just the game that there is something wrong with. For me it happens the same as your brother that it occurs right before a game starts.
No it’s the game unfortunately. Others with Xbox One Xs report the same issue. It will crash for a few seconds then the whole thing powers off. I first experienced this in the H3 flight and reported it then. Still seems to occur during with any title in the MCC.
I have the same problem and I submitted a ticket on the Halo Support site yesterday as these crashes are getting more frequent now. I think it can really have something to do with all the new armors and skins as well as multiple game engines MCC has to provide. Clearing the cache didn’t helped in my case.
Please do the same and submit tickets for this issue so 343 addresses this problem and it may become a known issue if you haven’t already.

Thanks!
Came to submit a ticket but then found others are having the same issue.

I loaded up the game started searching Hardcore then switched to social slayer for a warmup instead. It loaded in, one player disconnected on the scoreboard(greyed name) and the game said selecting new host then sent all players back to the lobby. Upon closing MCC it said that a fatal error occurred and stopped working with an OK button.

Concerns me to play.
I got a respond to my ticket:

Thank you for contacting Halo support! Unfortunately, the issue you're describing is not within the scope of what we can provide support for, as it is not something directly caused by the game itself.

It sounds like the issue you're experiencing currently is either related to Xbox Live or the network you're playing on. We suggest restarting your modem and attempting to reproduce the issue. If you're still having trouble after that, you will want to contact your ISP or Xbox Support for further assistance.

Well, I don’t know what to think. My other games do not crash when playing matchmaking.
I have just started playing MCC Halo 3 multiplayer online and encounter a freeze at the start of a match and it will freeze making a loud sound and then the Xbox One X will turn off. This is the first Game I've had that would shut the Xbox down completely. Based off the internet it looks like an on going issue with the game.
I Have this problem as well and I'd say if anything it's gotten more frequent, but MCC has had so many glaring issues it's kinda absurd, like the game still hasn't got audio sliders for Campaign, and that's a huge problem because on some of games the audio is completely out of whack, like I was playing H2 classic the other day and the effects volume was through the roof and the music was really quiet, That's heresy of the
highest degree.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2