Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Mcc not upgrading via smart delivery

OP pinchecucuy360

So just got a series x and after moving a few series x optimized games from an external ssd over to the internal storage I realized mcc never said upgrading like borderlands or destiny or forza like wise it doesn't give me warning about not being able to play it if it move it back off internal storage like the other mentioned games. So basically asking why won't mcc upgrade I'd like to get the best possible version kinda why I spent the money for the series x
So just got a series x and after moving a few series x optimized games from an external ssd over to the internal storage I realized mcc never said upgrading like borderlands or destiny or forza like wise it doesn't give me warning about not being able to play it if it move it back off internal storage like the other mentioned games. So basically asking why won't mcc upgrade I'd like to get the best possible version kinda why I spent the money for the series x
Have you tried launching the game?
When I got my Series X back in November I had to launch the game to actually start the optimisation patch, just like a regular update.

Is it possible that it’s already been updated and you didn’t realise? It’ll have the Series X/S logo in your “my games and apps” page.

If you have and still having these issues I’m not really sure what to suggest other than creating a support tickets on waypoint to see if they can help you.
I did launch the game but no notification

I suppose It could've updated without noticing kinda unlikely though since it probably would've taken a a few hours and wasn't in the queue to upgrade like borderlands and gears
Guess I'll try a support ticket though
I did launch the game but no notification

I suppose It could've updated without noticing kinda unlikely though since it probably would've taken a a few hours and wasn't in the queue to upgrade like borderlands and gears
Guess I'll try a support ticket though
Easy way to check if it's been upgraded is to boot the game up, go to settings, video and you shouuld see the option to change the field of view (fov).
Fov adjustment is currently exclusive to Series X and S, so if you see that option, you are good to go.
Also, as MCC is a tweaked Backwards compatible title, rather than a native Series X/S game, it is playable from an external hdd, so if you want to save space on the internal SSD, you can play it from your external. Internal will get you faster load times though.
Hope that helps.