Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

MCC Won't install from Microsoft Store (PC)

OP Stig Assassin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I've had MCC installed on my laptop for several months through Game Pass and never had a problem. Today, the new update rolled out and it was installing fine. I also had the May security updates from Microsoft installing. MCC had a long way to go, so I paused it and did the system restart that was needed. Now I've had the game and all DLC removed from my laptop, and the store says my computer no longer meets system requirements for installing. According to the details I need the May 2019 update 18362.0 or Higher. I have 18363.836 which I would assume should work. This only happened with MCC, while my other games like Forza are fine. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

PS: I'm not a PC player primarily. Most of this is new to me, so I'm still learning how to deal with PC issues.
Same issue here, spent about four hours troubleshooting and no progress.
I've had MCC installed on my laptop for several months through Game Pass and never had a problem. Today, the new update rolled out and it was installing fine. I also had the May security updates from Microsoft installing. MCC had a long way to go, so I paused it and did the system restart that was needed. Now I've had the game and all DLC removed from my laptop, and the store says my computer no longer meets system requirements for installing. According to the details I need the May 2019 update 18362.0 or Higher. I have 18363.836 which I would assume should work. This only happened with MCC, while my other games like Forza are fine. If anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

PS: I'm not a PC player primarily. Most of this is new to me, so I'm still learning how to deal with PC issues.
To clarify, when you rebooted your system and got back to your desktop, the game was just gone, or did it pop up with a message telling you it had uninstalled?

Are you using the Xbox Beta App at all?

Your laptop, what are the system specs? Have you checked to see if the actual hardware requirements for the game has changed with this update?

To clarify, when you rebooted your system and got back to your desktop, the game was just gone, or did it pop up with a message telling you it had uninstalled?

Your laptop, what are the system specs? Have you checked to see if the actual hardware requirements for the game has changed with this update?
1) It was just gone. No longer listed on my desktop with no way to even try to start it.

2). I have the beta app installed, but I'm not using it.

3) I don't believe anything has changed. The MCC store page says "This product should work on this device." It specifically lists: "Administrator approval required for installation. Minimum OS Required: Windows 10 May 2019 update. See system requirements." The system requirements don't list any hardware specifications, just the x64 architecture and Windows 10 OS number I listed before.
Mine disappeared just like Stig's as well

1) It was just gone. No longer listed on my desktop with no way to even try to start it.

3) I don't believe anything has changed. The MCC store page says "This product should work on this device." It specifically lists: "Administrator approval required for installation. Minimum OS Required: Windows 10 May 2019 update. See system requirements." The system requirements don't list any hardware specifications, just the x64 architecture and Windows 10 OS number I listed before.
Okay, try this:

1) Open the Xbox Beta App. In the list of games on the left side bar, do you see Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

2) If not, close the Xbox Beta App, and right click on your Start Button. Click "Apps and Features" at the top. Scroll through your list of Apps. Do you see Halo: The Master Chief Collection. If so, and you click on it, does it give you the option to Uninstall? Does it show "Advanced Options?" If it does, click "Advanced Options," and try the "Repair" option. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try the "reset" option.

If that doesn't work, or if the game isn't under "Apps and Features" at all, I recommend opening a ticket with Halo Support.

Okay, try this:

1) Open the Xbox Beta App. In the list of games on the left side bar, do you see Halo: The Master Chief Collection?

2) If not, close the Xbox Beta App, and right click on your Start Button. Click "Apps and Features" at the top. Scroll through your list of Apps. Do you see Halo: The Master Chief Collection. If so, and you click on it, does it give you the option to Uninstall? Does it show "Advanced Options?" If it does, click "Advanced Options," and try the "Repair" option. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try the "reset" option.

If that doesn't work, or if the game isn't under "Apps and Features" at all, I recommend opening a ticket with Halo Support.
It's not in the "Apps and Features" at all. Thanks for trying! I'll go through support to see what happens.

Okay, try this:

It's not in the "Apps and Features" at all. Thanks for trying! I'll go through support to see what happens.
Good luck, and let us know how it goes!
No help from support

UNSCOPSAgent10
(Halo Support)
May 14, 2020, 10:57:46 AM PDT
Hello Oddmanout4679​,
Halo Support is unable to assist with issues related to the Microsoft Store app. Support and troubleshooting guides for the Microsoft Store app can be found here. Please reach out to us if you encounter any issues that may occur when launching or playing the game.
Thank you,
UNSCOPSAgent10
I am now having this issue as well since the update. Does not launch. required re-installation but will not install. just spins. Does not show in the apps list, will not launch from xbox beta app.
No help from support

UNSCOPSAgent10
(Halo Support)
Hello Oddmanout4679​,
Halo Support is unable to assist with issues related to the Microsoft Store app. Support and troubleshooting guides for the Microsoft Store app can be found here. Please reach out to us if you encounter any issues that may occur when launching or playing the game.
Thank you,
UNSCOPSAgent10
Lol. The "Xbox Gamers" at Xbox support sent me to Halo support for this issue and said it was the game's problem, not the store.
No help from support

UNSCOPSAgent10
(Halo Support)
Hello Oddmanout4679​,
Thank you,
UNSCOPSAgent10
Can you post the link of where they're redirecting you to?
TerrorTyTy wrote:
I am now having this issue as well since the update. Does not launch. required re-installation but will not install. just spins. Does not show in the apps list, will not launch from xbox beta app.
Did you uninstall the game before attempting to re-install?
Same issue. All launch links/icons vanished.
Any attempt to reinstall fails at download after "acquiring licenses" several times.
MSstore, xbox beta, console companion>msstore - all fail or "Working..." and get nowhere even after hours.
Cleared cache, pruned files... still nothing
Microsoft support said use 343 and halowaypoint support.
Halowaypoint support said contact Microsoft support.

:(
Just to update everyone, my support ticket has replied with: "Thank you very much for your submission. Halo Support is reviewing the information provided and will provide an update shortly." I'm hoping the two days of silence is a good sign for a reply that doesn't send me to Microsoft support. Whatever it is, I'll let everyone know. This is such a weird issue.
Something is happening, tried reinstalling again today and it started the downloads! Was able to open the launcher then and it says 20% of 64.3GB and just hangs there. Also says update availible in MS store but won't d/l.
I am having the same issue, this must be affecting a ton of people. Why does the Microsoft store do this?
I've had a development. MCC started installing on its own yesterday. It fully downloaded and I could go through the menu, but none of the game packs will install. Now the easy anti cheat has an error and prevents the game from launching. So I'm basically back to square one with a game that's installed, but can't do anything with it.
I was playing Halo MCC Reach less than a week ago on PC, working fine. When I switched my PC on yesterday, the game was just gone, uninstalled itself completely. Not in 'apps and features' or on the desktop. If I try to install it again on Microsoft store, it just sits there with the endless spinning wheel not doing anything. If I try to install it through the xbox game pass the 'install' button changes to 'getting things ready 0%' for about a second and then it just goes back to 'install'. So neither option is working. All the other games I have are working fine, it's just the MCC. Iv'e tried resetting the Microsoft store, clearing the cache, changing the administrator rights in the WindowsApp folders and every other advice the online xbox technicians could think of but it still doesn't work. What is going on!?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3