Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection

My mcc keeps freezing and crashing during games?

OP brain01648

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I just started trying to play this game after a break and the game freezes and crashes in the middle of the game. There is no sign of it happening, it just happens. When it freezes it makes a weird sound that stays until I am at the dashboard. Anyone else having this issue? I've tried hard resetting (I held the button on the Xbox, not sure if that is the same as unplugging) and it did not help. Anyone know what might be wrong?
This just started happening to me tonight. Had hoped it was a fluke. Now I'm concerned.
I started the Master Chief Saga playlist last night and had the game crash and freeze 4 times in completely different areas. Never had this issue in the past. I had the occasional freeze but nothing like this
This started happening to me 2 days ago also. It kepts freezing and crashing to the dashboard every multiplayer game i tried to play. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game and its still doing it. Just another problem to pile on the list...sigh
This has also recently started happening to me.

List of problems that only really started happening recently for me :

- When playing with a party of 5. 7 games out of 10 someone in my party drops out or fails to load
- I will randomly lag out without any warning. Connection could be perfect with no lag then I suddenly just drop out of the game.
- "Data doesn't match the rest of the party". This has started in the last week or so. Never seen this message prior to then.
- Game breaking lag. To the point where everyone is teleporting around the map.
- Audio in Halo 2A and Halo 4 not showing up. Kill medals only sometimes being announced.
- Loading into the game late. Sometimes a good 30 seconds after everyone else.
- Randomly getting kicked back to the lobby when searching.(Sometime the menu will freeze and I can't re-enter matchmaking)
- "Downloading Matchmaking Data" will last for 30-40 mins. Reseting my game and xbox doesn't help.
- Going down levels randomly after winning.(has become more and more frequent)
- Rockets and Sniper rounds not firing.

My connection is 60MB download - 20MB upload - NAT Open - 39MS latency
This happens to me as well whenever I try and play halo 4. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it still happens
brain01648 wrote:
I just started trying to play this game after a break and the game freezes and crashes in the middle of the game. There is no sign of it happening, it just happens. When it freezes it makes a weird sound that stays until I am at the dashboard. Anyone else having this issue? I've tried hard resetting (I held the button on the Xbox, not sure if that is the same as unplugging) and it did not help. Anyone know what
MrChargez wrote:
This happens to me as well whenever I try and play halo 4. I've tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it still happens
Same here man
Hold down the power button for 10 seconds and turn it on again, that may help for multiplayer.
I thinks tis may be related to the XB1 update from yesterday. MCC and Dance central keeps crashing on me.
Buh, buh, but the game works flawlessly!!!1! Why aren't you kissing the feet of 343i for giving you this game when they didn't need to?! *Reported for being ungrateful...

*not really.
Buh, buh, but the game works flawlessly!!!1! Why aren't you kissing the feet of 343i for giving you this game when they didn't need to?! *Reported for being ungrateful...

*not really.
What was the point of this? My game does work flawlessly from what ive seen. Has since Dec but i am aware that alot of people are still having problems.
Nooga wrote:

*not really.
What was the point of this? My game does work flawlessly from what ive seen. Has since Dec but i am aware that alot of people are still having problems.
I don't believe that this game works "flawlessly" for anyone. You can take that however you like, and I wont expand on it any further either. My post that you quoted is a parody of many posts ive seen from people responding to grievances about the game. Its actually quite pathetic.
Nooga wrote:

*not really.
I don't believe that this game works "flawlessly" for anyone. You can take that however you like, and I wont expand on it any further either. My post that you quoted is a parody of many posts ive seen from people responding to grievances about the game. Its actually quite pathetic.
Ive mainly been achieve hunting with campaign but when i go for MP, regardless of playlist, i find matches quickly and with 0 lag. I really do wish it was like this for everyone so they can have the same experience.
Nooga wrote:
Nooga wrote:

*not really.
Ive mainly been achieve hunting with campaign but when i go for MP, regardless of playlist, i find matches quickly and with 0 lag. I really do wish it was like this for everyone so they can have the same experience.
The game is still chasing for me I can't finish a game without it crashing on me and taking me back menu I just a Xbox one with Mcc that cost me $290 they -Yoinked!- this game up I thought I they would of fix this game by now my brother has this game too but it isn't chasing as much for him -Yoink- 343 I want my money back we want Bungie back the people that made halo great halo 3 is still a blast to play online and that game is 8 year old rip Halo they're still selling people a broken game.
This started happening with me 3 days ago. I'll play 2 or 3 games fine then it'll freeze and boot me to the dashboard. PLEASE FIX THIS ISSUE 343 pllllllllllleeeeeeeeaaase
Dude I can't even finish the second mission in halo CE, the freezing is very depressing.
I factory reset my Xbox and reinstalled the game. ... Seems to be working. I'll post again if it freezes.
This started happening to me after an update. I've re-installed about 5 times and reset my Xbox plenty of times. Its an 80% chance it's gonna freeze during H2A, I have no problems with the other games. 343 continues the halo dynasty
I got temporarily banned because of this! Pleae fix this.
When I play co-op it's like super lag! It really sucks -Yoink-
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2