Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

No sound from Halo 2 and halo 2 multiplayer?

OP ZappiestEar8069

So, recently I got into The Master Chief Collection on Xbox one via game pass and decided to play some Halo 2. Once starting up the campaign for the original Halo 2 I noticed mouths were moving and guns being shot but no sound to be heard in-game? The original cut scenes and CGI cut scenes from Halo 2 played perfectly With sound but not in-game? I looked in the settings, but there was nothing I could've changed to help out the situation. When I played Halo CE, 3, ODST, 4, and Reach all played their sounds in-game except for Halo 2. I tested Halo 2's multiplayer, and still the same issue. I briefly remember having this same issue a while back, and once redownloading this game just recently, I would have thought that might have solved the issue. For the sound output, I am using a headset (Turtle Beach stealth 700 with all drivers up to date). I've never encountered a game refusing to play sound until trying to play Halo 2. I have not tried seeing if the sound will play from my TV yet, but after posting this I will check. I would personally prefer playing with in-game sound from my headset when playing Halo 2 though. If you have any ideas on how to fix this I would appreciate the feedback. My last option is to uninstall MCC and reinstall the game because it's over 100GB but if it's my only option I'll take it I suppose...
A couple of people including myself had this problem. I deleted my save data and cancelled syncing when booting the game back up. I forced quit the game and started it up again. Sound in halo 2 was back as with all my save data
A couple of people including myself had this problem. I deleted my save data and cancelled syncing when booting the game back up. I forced quit the game and started it up again. Sound in halo 2 was back as with all my save data
Thank you, I will try this when I get home. If I delete my saved data, will it affect my stats on multiplayer?
Thank you, I will try this when I get home. If I delete my saved data, will it affect my stats on multiplayer?
It might, I dont really play multiplayer too much so I didnt check my stats. But when I canceled the sync and then rebooted the game all my campaign stuff was still there. All campaigns came up 0/10 complete but I loaded up one mission of each and everything popped back up including the sound. I'd imagine the multiplayer stats would pop back up too
It might, I dont really play multiplayer too much so I didnt check my stats. But when I canceled the sync and then rebooted the game all my campaign stuff was still there. All campaigns came up 0/10 complete but I loaded up one mission of each and everything popped back up including the sound. I'd imagine the multiplayer stats would pop back up too
Awesome, I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks again
I just tried this and no dice. No game sound, just Halo 2, menu sounds are good. Wtf? Also, most of my look sensitivity settings were set to 1, which I've never done, so I'm gonna see if it works without my save data at all...
I have this problem, but have been unsuccessful in solving it. Sound appears on other profiles and upon deleting local saves, but even after trying to resync it, it won’t work for me.

I don’t want to fully delete my save and even if I did, what if it happens again?

I also tried reinstalling the MCC (both certain games and the whole thing), and it didn’t fix it.

Support is being slow for me so they are no help.

I made a thread here if you want to look at the info there.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-2-mcc-no-sound/b820d760-bbcb-48c8-918d-35878fed54b7/posts

Another thread has been found here:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-2-mcc-audio/db4213ce-aebe-4dc3-92de-c72aab7d8c65/posts

blogness wrote:
I just tried this and no dice. No game sound, just Halo 2, menu sounds are good. Wtf? Also, most of my look sensitivity settings were set to 1, which I've never done, so I'm gonna see if it works without my save data at all...
For me it worked on a different profile and without my save data, why it won’t work with my saves, I don’t know.
I tried this (deleted local save, quit, and restart) and after it asked me which save I wanted to use (local or cloud), it didn’t have sound.
If your save data saved, it should say 10/10 complete, also your emblem, avatar, multiplayer progress, etc should be the same too.

Plus, I believe that you are able to play any mission from the start anyway regardless of if you played it before.
I had to delete my save data to get it to work. Oh well.
blogness wrote:
I had to delete my save data to get it to work. Oh well.
I’m tempted to do that, but am worried that a fix might come or that sound will just disappear again.
Just tried this for a second time, it worked. It seems ya either A: Be very quick about killing the cloud sync and quitting and restarting, or B: have a guest profile signed in.
Hope this helps!
All data was kept, but it seems I gotta reconfigure options and customizations.
Just tried this for a second time, it worked. It seems ya either A: Be very quick about killing the cloud sync and quitting and restarting, or B: have a guest profile signed in.
Hope this helps!
All data was kept, but it seems I gotta reconfigure options and customizations.
I can’t believe it, it actually worked!
Sorry this did not work for me
I’m having this problem as well with Halo 2. I’ve tried following the steps mentioned here. It hasn’t worked, but I’m not sure I’m stopping the cloud sync correctly. Could someone clarify how to do that?
Finally got this to work. What did it for me was removing my gamer tag account from my Xbox along with following the steps posted here. That prompted the “syncing your account” screen to appear when I went back into the MCC, which I was able to cancel and then quit the game. When I loaded it again, the sound worked.

Doing this did erase some of my info - most notably my progress on playlists. But most of my stuff was intact.