Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Problems with Halo 3: ODST Audio Log Achievements

OP XxDeputyMoonman

Recently, I decided to try and knock out a bunch of TMCC campaign achievements, specifically Halo 3 ODST. I got all the audio logs, including the 30th log for the Audiophile achievement. However, the achievement for unlocking the 9th audio log never registered, and so I never got credit for the Record Store Owner. Is this something that can be fixed or I am hosed?
Recently, I decided to try and knock out a bunch of TMCC campaign achievements, specifically Halo 3 ODST. I got all the audio logs, including the 30th log for the Audiophile achievement. However, the achievement for unlocking the 9th audio log never registered, and so I never got credit for the Record Store Owner. Is this something that can be fixed or I am hosed?
Is the achievement showing as "Done... Unlocking" or is it showing like you'd never done it?

Were you online at the time you got that log?
Try a power cycle, then, play some games on matchmaking and some missions on normal difficulty. If that doesn't work, well, the only thing that you can do is to wait until 343i release an update for the game.
MorseyBaby wrote:
Is the achievement showing as "Done... Unlocking" or is it showing like you'd never done it?

Were you online at the time you got that log?
I need to check but im assuming it is not listed as done because i already had the 9th audio log from when i played the odst campaign a long time ago. Ill check and get back to you on that.
Sorry for the delay. I checked the progress for the achievement, "Wiretapping," (find the 9th audio log in Halo 3: ODST), and it does not say anything about it being done. It is listed as an achievement that still needs be completed. But like i mentioned, ive found all 30 audio logs, so there is no way to go back and redo it. How does the game recognize that ive found 30 audio logs, but lists one of the achievements incomplete?
Sorry for the delay. I checked the progress for the achievement, "Wiretapping," (find the 9th audio log in Halo 3: ODST), and it does not say anything about it being done. It is listed as an achievement that still needs be completed. But like i mentioned, ive found all 30 audio logs, so there is no way to go back and redo it. How does the game recognize that ive found 30 audio logs, but lists one of the achievements incomplete?
I'm suffering with the same problem - for me it's the 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th audio log achievements that are not unlocking, as well as the one for getting all of them, and I've just sat there with a map and spent the last 3 hours or so going from log to log making sure I had them all on Mombasa Streets and then doing the 30th log in the room on Data Hive. It's disappointing that the achievement bugs are not being fixed as there are around 15 or so that haven't popped for me and I'm currently at 533/600. Are you aware of 343i having any plans in the near future to tackle and resolve this? I haven't seen or heard anything myself. I hope your achievements pop soon!
I'm suffering with the same problem - for me it's the 26th, 27th, 28th, 29th and 30th audio log achievements that are not unlocking, as well as the one for getting all of them, and I've just sat there with a map and spent the last 3 hours or so going from log to log making sure I had them all on Mombasa Streets and then doing the 30th log in the room on Data Hive. It's disappointing that the achievement bugs are not being fixed as there are around 15 or so that haven't popped for me and I'm currently at 533/600. Are you aware of 343i having any plans in the near future to tackle and resolve this? I haven't seen or heard anything myself. I hope your achievements pop soon!
I havent heard anything, but hopefully it gets fixed at some point. Im sorry yours arent unlocking either. I hate that the logs arent specifically numbered so good luck rembering which ones you have gotten already. Really the only way is to go through all of them again, which is time consuming.
I have the same problem, but just with the 24th audio log. I’ve had this issue since 7/20/2015, so I doubt it’ll be fixed anytime soon.
I havent heard anything, but hopefully it gets fixed at some point. Im sorry yours arent unlocking either. I hate that the logs arent specifically numbered so good luck rembering which ones you have gotten already. Really the only way is to go through all of them again, which is time consuming.
Ah man, I worry sometimes that the campaign and achievement bugs are just going to persist forever, it's been half a decade already. I've got all 30 of them, as I can get into the last one at Data Hive so I must have them all - I even went back through the whole game and checked each one to be sure. I just hope that if they do fix the achievement bug that we won't have to find certain ones again just to trigger the achievement.
Seydlitz71 wrote:
I have the same problem, but just with the 24th audio log. I’ve had this issue since 7/20/2015, so I doubt it’ll be fixed anytime soon.
Unfortunately, I think 343i are going to be focused on bringing Reach to MCC for quite a while. I love that they're giving it 4k, 60fps, HDR and adding it in and bringing it all to PC, but you don't try to add a fancy new couch into your living room if it has to be balanced on top of a few broken bookcases (they need to seriously fix MCC for good before putting more games into it).