Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Ranking up and not gaining points [343 RESPONSE]

OP Al The Houdini

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Ok, so I recently hit tier 100 and I was excited to unlock the last tier to get the eternal flames armor effect and the haunted helmet, but when i went to the "Options and Career" menu, It showed in the season 1 tab I did not earn a point from leveling up. I was confused, thinking that it was a minor bug and tried playing some more matchmaking to level up and get a point, but I still got nothing. Im 3 tiers past the last unlock and I still cannot get the last armor unlock and it really stinks that I can't get the last piece to the battle pass...

343, please do something about this.

343 Responses:

1/10/2020 - We're actively investigating the issue.
I am lucky to have gotten all my points but I will say there is a few others that have this issue as well.
Same thing happened to me. Got to 99/100 and when I ranked up got nothing. I'm Tour 4 Master Sergeant right now and still haven't unlocked the last season point. Should have unlocked it after reaching Tour 4 Staff Sergeant I think.
The whole battle pass idea will be a joke if other people end up encountering the same issue as us...
Here's a screenshot of what my season rank screen looks like: https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/forgeman/screenshot/14312081
Note my rank next to my name plate, Tour 4 Command Sergeant Major. I never got a season point after leveling up to Staff Sergeant, the final rank to unlock the 100th season point. I haven't earned any more season points after my 99th season point but I've heard that you can't earn any more after reaching the required level for all 100 tiers. This seems to be happening to me except that I never earned my 100th season point.
I noticed something recently:

My rank icon in the last picture I provided was Tour 4 Warrant Officer according to this rank guide I found online: https://imgur.com/gallery/4mH4F3J
However, when I open my player details through the roster in the MCC my current level is listed as Command Sergeant Major, the previous rank.

Could my rank not displaying properly be related to my season point reward issue? If anyone is having the same problem as me could you cross reference your in-game rank with that rank icon graphic and see if you're level is displayed correctly? Tour 4 Staff Sergeant is the last level required to unlock all 100 rewards in the Season 1 battle pass.
That could be a possibility, I will check on that as soon as I can, but the thing is im like 4-5 tiers away from a staff sergeant, I should have unlocked the thing a long time ago.
Same here. Got to tier 99 and 100 and when I ranked up got no seasonal points! Submit a ticket to : https://support.halowaypoint.com/ if you still have this problem
Did they give you your season point after reporting that issue? Because they did nothing for me except give me an article that applies to people having issues on the PC version...
Did they give you your season point after reporting that issue? Because they did nothing for me except give me an article that applies to people having issues on the PC version...
I still don't have my points )= hopefully they are making something to fix it
I restarted the game and I got mine..
Lyritheus wrote:
I restarted my game like you did and nothing worked, I uninstalled then reinstalled and still nothing. So, this issue is something we cannot fix by the press of a button lol
Lyritheus wrote:
I restarted my game like you did and nothing worked, I uninstalled then reinstalled and still nothing. So, this issue is something we cannot fix by the press of a button lol
Yeah it didn't work! And my ticket is yet not answered!
It just happened to me as well. I'm at gunnery sergeant tour 4, the rank after staff sergeant, and lost a season point somewhere along the way. I'm stuck at tier 99. The season point cap is so dumb, what even is the point of it?
I as well am stuck at tier 99. And I have also uninstalled my game and reinstalled it, and closed out of the game and opened the game again at last to no avail.
I submitted a ticket a week ago and they responded with solutions for achievement progression which wasn't of any help.
Ticket's been open since with no response.

I'm convinced I'm having this problem because my rank is not displaying properly. I think the game thinks I'm a rank ahead of where I actually am and so skipped a season point. Will have to wait for a patch if 343 even knows this is an issue we're all having.
FORGEMAN wrote:
I submitted a ticket a week ago and they responded with solutions for achievement progression which wasn't of any help.
Ticket's been open since with no response.

I'm convinced I'm having this problem because my rank is not displaying properly. I think the game thinks I'm a rank ahead of where I actually am and so skipped a season point. Will have to wait for a patch if 343 even knows this is an issue we're all having.
Dude this really sucks, my ticket has been opened since last friday
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This is interesting and while we haven't seen a wide-spread reporting of this, we're gonna dig into it on our end.

Hang tight and if/when I have more info, I'll stop back in.

OctavioJS wrote:
Still no answer
Just because we don't respond doesn't mean we aren't reading/paying attention. You don't need to bump the thread going forward, I don't want you to get on the wrong side of the forum rules. :)
This is interesting and while we haven't seen a wide-spread reporting of this, we're gonna dig into it on our end.

Hang tight and if/when I have more info, I'll stop back in.

OctavioJS wrote:
Still no answer
Just because we don't respond doesn't mean we aren't reading/paying attention. You don't need to bump the thread going forward, I don't want you to get on the wrong side of the forum rules. :)
Thank you for the respond :0 , I was just a little bit nervous because I really didn't want to lose any progress on my profile D: I'm glad we are getting an official answer!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2