I still don't understand the decision to make the primary slayer mode TU DMRs. This completely ruins the game's balance and there is no point than using anything but a needle rifle or dmr.

One thing I loved about vanilla reach is how every weapon in the sandbox is viable in its given purpose. With careful aiming and pacing, a magnum can out shoot a dmr. The AR can be surprisingly accurate if you feather the trigger. And I love the high skill gap required to master the repeater. The repeater could have been more powerful, and the DMR actually needed MORE bloom in order to make the balance perfect (IMO Beta was better balanced, at least for slayer. Changes to the repeater were likely based on invasion balancing, but I firmly believe the DMR bloom was toned down due to the community crying, not in actual balancing).

The vanilla Needle Rifle is a great example of how the bloom should work on the dmr as well.

Decreasing the bloom even more completely ruins all the other weapons.

I'll be sticking to Invasion.
RollCats wrote:
I still don't understand the decision to make the primary slayer mode TU DMRs. This completely ruins the game's balance and there is no point than using anything but a needle rifle or dmr.

One thing I loved about vanilla reach is how every weapon in the sandbox is viable in its given purpose. With careful aiming and pacing, a magnum can out shoot a dmr. The AR can be surprisingly accurate if you feather the trigger. And I love the high skill gap required to master the repeater. The repeater could have been more powerful, and the DMR actually needed MORE bloom in order to make the balance perfect (IMO Beta was better balanced, at least for slayer. Changes to the repeater were likely based on invasion balancing, but I firmly believe the DMR bloom was toned down due to the community crying, not in actual balancing).

The vanilla Needle Rifle is a great example of how the bloom should work on the dmr as well.

Decreasing the bloom even more completely ruins all the other weapons.

I'll be sticking to Invasion.
Sad you feel that way seeing as how auto weapons received the same buff from TU. They have reduced bloom which allows them to be fired for longer and more accurate.
Nope, it only applies to precision weaponry.
RollCats wrote:
Nope, it only applies to precision weaponry.
My bad. Bleedthrough makes them significantly more powerful seeing as how they are close quarters weapons.
but with the DMRs faster TTK, reduced bloom, and that it gets the same buff from the bleedthrough, it just exacerbates the strength of the DMR over AR/Repeater. At least in vanilla with strafing, getting the drop, controlling your trigger finger, those weapons were viable.
RollCats wrote:
One thing I loved about vanilla reach is how every weapon in the sandbox is viable in its given purpose.
This was absolutely not the case in vanilla Reach. The power weapons in Reach are so much stronger than any other weapon in the game including the DMR on TU settings. The other weapons are useless, especially the automatic weapons on vanilla settings without bleedthrough. These posts claiming that things were better back then never played at high % Onyx on Reach. Things were significantly better after the TU.
There is still a clear divide in the community as the topic keeps popping up. Personally I love vanilla and have played it for nearly the past decade. There is a video that picks out points in fine detail within this thread, which I highly recommend anyone who favors the vanilla gameplay:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/reach-needs-a-vanilla-playlist-video-included/b3006208-6095-4c95-b1f4-87814b250b7e/posts
Giga wrote:
RollCats wrote:
One thing I loved about vanilla reach is how every weapon in the sandbox is viable in its given purpose.
This was absolutely not the case in vanilla Reach. The power weapons in Reach are so much stronger than any other weapon in the game including the DMR on TU settings. The other weapons are useless, especially the automatic weapons on vanilla settings without bleedthrough. These posts claiming that things were better back then never played at high % Onyx on Reach. Things were significantly better after the TU.
'Power weapons are powerful waaaaa' has to be one of the weakest arguments I've ever heard.
There is still a clear divide in the community as the topic keeps popping up. Personally I love vanilla and have played it for nearly the past decade. There is a video that picks out points in fine detail within this thread, which I highly recommend anyone who favors the vanilla gameplay:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/f3681fbc78fa43878c4aec9a63a46224/topics/reach-needs-a-vanilla-playlist-video-included/b3006208-6095-4c95-b1f4-87814b250b7e/posts
The halo community are divided on everything , why would we expect opinions on optimal
reach settings to be an exception to the rule ?
The fact that they didn't apply TU updates uniformly across the games is an implicit admission that it breaks the core balancing of the game.