OP NNMS MXMS

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
View letter on Scribd.

If you agree, please make a post to keep the topic alive. It will have no impact if it fades into obscurity.

If you partially agree, please make a post describing your opinion. If this topic survives long enough, your post may have an impact it otherwise would not have.

If you disagree, please explain your disagreement. Note that by doing so you also help to keep this post alive. :)

For the curious, there are two elements of the letter that have resulted in questions because they are only briefly described in the letter. By request, I have provided the links to fuller explanations below:

PLAYLIST RESTRUCTURE

RANKING vs MATCHING
EDIT: Read the letter and I agree.
I'm sorry, but did you seriously just write a 3 page paper to 343 and MS? Wow. Not that I disagree, but wow.
I'm sorry, but did you seriously just write a 3 page paper to 343 and MS? Wow. Not that I disagree, but wow.
6 pages. I type fast.
That was my thought. Who do you think you are anyway? Do you think that there is a single employee at i343 or Xbox or Microsoft Studios that doesn't understand how big of a screw up this was? Do you think they need a 6 page dissertation from some random on the forums? People with actual qualifications will go through this debacle with a fine tooth comb to ensure NOTHING like this ever happens again. Now get your homework done and hopefully by the time you finish, you will be able to get in a match.
JMoney27 wrote:
That was my thought. Who do you think you are anyway? Do you think that there is a single employee at i343 or Xbox or Microsoft Studios that doesn't understand how big of a screw up this was? Do you think they need a 6 page dissertation from some random on the forums? People with actual qualifications will go through this debacle with a fine tooth comb to ensure NOTHING like this ever happens again. Now get your homework done and hopefully by the time you finish, you will be able to get in a match.
I will note your response as "disagree".
NNMS MXMS wrote:
JMoney27 wrote:

I will note your response as "disagree".
He didn't say he disagrees, in any case what do you think this will accomplish?

If you ask that question here, perhaps you ought to ask it in every thread in this forum. Whether anything we write accomplishes anything is dependent first on whether the target audience reads it, and second on whether they care. The delivery method - such as the sum of 500 scattered forum posts or one PDF consolidating many issues into one document - is irrelevant.
JMoney27 wrote:

The fact that he gave his time and effort, to try and improve this game, not only for himself, but ALL of us and you bash him...

What kind of person does that, honestly?? Who do you think you are, anyway? If you think you're anything or anyone but an -Yoink-, you're confused.

I imagine you must not have many friends with that -Yoink- attitude...
NNMS MXMS wrote:

If you ask that question here, perhaps you ought to ask it in every thread in this forum. Whether anything we write accomplishes anything is dependent first on whether the target audience reads it, and second on whether they care. The delivery method - such as the sum of 500 scattered forum posts or one PDF consolidating many issues into one document - is irrelevant.
Considering they have, apparently, read at least some of these complaints they are getting the idea. Your delivery won't really do anything, they would probably rather read 10 one-sentence posts than a single full page of text
I for one, appreciate what you've done here, actually spending time to try and improve the game I love. Not just me, but many others as well.

So thank, you and I will re-post and make my own opinions as well on the matters.
Read through the lot and I heartily agree with all that is written. A great open letter that sums everything up perfectly in a polite and formal manner.
JMoney27 wrote:

The fact that he gave his time and effort, to try and improve this game, not only for himself, but ALL of us and you bash him...

What kind of person does that, honestly?? Who do you think you are, anyway? If you think you're anything or anyone but an -Yoink-, you're confused.

He ISN'T improving it, though. Microsoft/343I has already SEEN half the population telling them what they already know - that some people disagree with their ideas. But that's everything in life.

I don't understand how anyone can ever listen to their fans if they are always split.
NNMS MXMS wrote:

Considering they have, apparently, read at least some of these complaints they are getting the idea. Your delivery won't really do anything, they would probably rather read 10 one-sentence posts than a single full page of text
Your response may have been different had you read the letter. It does not deal with the current, immediate issues, as I trust that 343i has those well in hand. It deals with other issues that have not yet become popular forum topics.
JMoney27 wrote:

He ISN'T improving it, though. Microsoft/343I has already SEEN half the population telling them what they already know - that some people disagree with their ideas. But that's everything in life.

I don't understand how anyone can ever listen to their fans if they are always split.
It's a well thought out, calmly written letter expressing his concerns with the game. It's just one more voice to add to the thousands of others who are disappointed with this release.

Why do you care if he writes it or not? He didn't waste any of your time by writing it. He didn't affect your life in the slightest by writing it. Maybe they'll read it and take it into consideration; maybe they won't. But why do you care?

I enjoyed and agree with this letter.
NNMS MXMS wrote:
View letter on Scribd.

If you agree, please make a post to keep the topic alive. It will have no impact if it fades into obscurity.

If you partially agree, please make a post describing your opinion. If this topic survives long enough, your post may have an impact it otherwise would not have.

If you disagree, please explain your disagreement. Note that by doing so you also help to keep this post alive. :)

Also here; not sure which was the best forum to post it in.
If you have all of these suggestions why don't you make your own console and see how it does.
jagrad wrote:
If you have all of these suggestions why don't you make your own console and see how it does.
I'll have my people get with your people to discuss a fantastic investment opportunity in a startup tech company. ;)
dang thats a heavy amount of typing! well done mate, hope it helps you feel better overall :D
Agreed.

Some contentious suggestions regarding playlists and ranks (as it pertains to MCC) but i would not oppose either if they work.
I agree with this letter.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4