Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Saying DLCs are not installed (PC MCC)

OP Neapolitan6686

I'm trying to play the game through a shared game pass, worked with every game I've played so far. MCC launches up fine, I've got the DLCs installed, but every time I try to launch either Halo Reach or Halo:CE it tells me that they're not installed and the tried to redirect me to the store, but the store loading fails every time. Any ideas on a fix?
Hey, sorry for being a little late but I just figured how to fix this. I was in your exact same situation and was told to install the Xbox app on the Microsoft Store (the one just called "Xbox [Beta]") and start the game from there, now it works just fine. No more errors.
DotSnk wrote:
Hey, sorry for being a little late but I just figured how to fix this. I was in your exact same situation and was told to install the Xbox app on the Microsoft Store (the one just called "Xbox [Beta]") and start the game from there, now it works just fine. No more errors.
Thanks for the response, even this didn't work for me. In the end I gave up and just purchased them all on the Steam version instead!
yo i have everything installed. i have opened the game through the box app and still It sais you need to download the DLC so then it offers me to go to the Microsoft store. i click to go there and it asks me for my pin. i type it in and then it comes up with a error saying it is their end/ i have no clue what to do and i need help
yo i have everything installed. i have opened the game through the box app and still It sais you need to download the DLC so then it offers me to go to the Microsoft store. i click to go there and it asks me for my pin. i type it in and then it comes up with a error saying it is their end/ i have no clue what to do and i need help
Same for me
this is still an ungoing problem for me... -Yoink- you microsoft, fix your -Yoink- ):
This is very sad, i really wanted to play it, do i really have to buy it on steam? lol
Hey guys I think I figured it out, or at least it solved my issue. Go to your Microsoft app and go to the top right and click on the download icon, and download the halo 3 installer and then go to halo 3 by clicking on it and where it says see more offers, select and go down to halo 3 (it says it is $9.99 buut its not) then at the top if you have the game pass it will allow you to install on other decides but because it is already installed on this device select the three small dots and pin to taskbar and click and it and it should work :)
Its still not working for me just buying the games i want on steam. Cant count on Microsoft to fix their stuff.
I had this same problem. I went to the Xbox app to try and launch it from there, then noticed my game pass was expired when I clicked play with game pass and it took me to re-subscribe to it. So I did, and now it works. Hope this helps somebody.
dave6484 wrote:
Hey guys I think I figured it out, or at least it solved my issue. Go to your Microsoft app and go to the top right and click on the download icon, and download the halo 3 installer and then go to halo 3 by clicking on it and where it says see more offers, select and go down to halo 3 (it says it is $9.99 buut its not) then at the top if you have the game pass it will allow you to install on other decides but because it is already installed on this device select the three small dots and pin to taskbar and click and it and it should work :)
Thanks for this. Worked for me.
Ok for me this worked. In the top left it should show 3 lines. Then click that and put it to queue (installing app) and then hit resume download. Worked for me.
I had a similar issue on my computer, I went to the Microsoft Store and in the top right corner, it had 6 notifications next to the downloader. I downloaded the quick updates for each game and then it worked in the Xbox App. It's a weird thing I know, but that's how I was able to do it.
Guys this worked for me once but transfer the game to a hard drive then run it off it, if that does not work unplug it sometimes you cant eject the drive when it has a game like that on it so turn off your computer and unplug it when it turns back on plug it in and see if it works I hate redownloading and its a big game so I hope this helps. My laptop now has this problem but it worked for my desktop so I will try in again for my laptop later. I tried everything like uninstalling the 10 mb unlock DLC's for each game, resetting the game, repairing the game, and turning on and off the computer and for some reason it will let me uninstall games but not reinstall just it also has consistently has had a lock symbol on the different games in the manage installed games section so that is what I have tried and what has worked for me.
Also it let me download the game for some reason but Microsoft only allows 10 devices to play games from the Microsoft store at a time I found out I have am 3 devices over but my Xbox series x is one of those devises and it still lets me play on it so it work in weird ways. to fix go to Microsoft account.
Late to the party but I got it working.
After installing the mcc in the xbox gamepass app, start the windows 10 pre installed microsoft store.
In the download queue you will see that there is a stuck download for every halo game.
Resume those downloads and the store will install 10mb files for every halo game, after that it works