Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
anyone else having this problem that they can't get past the title screen. I was playing yesterday and today i loaded the game and now it says "sign in error" "error encountered while signing into xbox live". Now i can't even login or get past the title screen. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled multiple times along with steam. Restarted my computer multiple times and was able to sign in on the xbox website.
Same -Yoink- happening to me!
Same is happening here.... Reinstalled... still nothing
I was also getting the "Sign in error: Unable to connect to Xbox Live" since launch.

Provided you own the game through Steam:

I was able to resolve it by going into my Steam library, right clicking on the MCC, going to Properties, then DLC. I un-checked Halo: Reach and let it sit for some time. Then I checked it again, and was prompted to download 5 or so gigabytes of content. I also checked the available Language Pack option just for the heck of it. After that, when I launched the MCC, it prompted me to sign into Xbox Live. From there I was able to authenticate and enter the main menu.
Please see the pinned thread regarding Halo Support and how to submit tickets for issues you may be experiencing.

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/halo-support-important-links/470b6fbb-7e3a-4272-b2bc-dd0a5948cb2c/posts
<p></p> when i contacted halo they blamed it on Microsoft and then i contacted microsoft they said they are trying to figure out the problem.... this problem has been happening since the beta nov 1 you can find the same type of posts... no help broken...
Any solution yet? My friend is having a very similar issue where the promp to sing on to xbl doesn't even appear and he cant get past the title screen. Win 7 on Steam
I was also getting the "Sign in error: Unable to connect to Xbox Live" since launch.

Provided you own the game through Steam:

I was able to resolve it by going into my Steam library, right clicking on the MCC, going to Properties, then DLC. I un-checked Halo: Reach and let it sit for some time. Then I checked it again, and was prompted to download 5 or so gigabytes of content. I also checked the available Language Pack option just for the heck of it. After that, when I launched the MCC, it prompted me to sign into Xbox Live. From there I was able to authenticate and enter the main menu.
YES THANK YOU THIS WORKED AFTER SO MANY DIFFERENT METHODS THIS WORKED
I tried this method when everything else seemed to fail. Open steam in offline mode and launch the game. You will be taken to starting screen as usual but this time you won't get a message, instead halo will try to connect to Xbox Live. Now leave the game using Alt+F4 and start back steam in online mode. This method may look silly but it worked out for me
the damn sign error is still happening they need to fix this issue
Just encountered the same thing- I spent a few hours troubleshooting, was convinced my network configuration was at fault. Apparently the Steam forums are blowing up with the same sign in error, there's something weird going on with MCC on PC right now. I kind of wonder if there's some sort of Infinite-related server work that could be causing problems for MCC specifically?
Having the sign in issue as well.. sigh.. just wanted to play some halo before work
Yep of course thishappens to me too lulw ; been trying to signin for 2 hours
Same here, i originally thought it was my internet and restarted my pc but that didnt work either. So guess we will have to wait until Microsoft fixes and addresses the problems after their Infinite reveal today.
Same here, i originally thought it was my internet and restarted my pc but that didnt work either. So guess we will have to wait until Microsoft fixes and addresses the problems after their Infinite reveal today.
C:\Users\User\AppData\LocalLow

Delete MCC and reopen game worked for me
why cant i just play and not have errors i cant even play mcc nothing works
i just bought the game so there must be a way right? i have set up an account and everything i dont get it
Hey guys,

I had the issue where I loaded up the game, my linked Microsoft account prompted me the 2FA but I couldn't click on the "Send Notification" button. I tried a few of the workarounds in here and it didnt work for me. Eventually I found that pressing "F11" on the keyboard changed the resolution of the game. Pressing it twice changed it again.

One of the resolutions (The one where you could see the whole dialog box) did not allow me to interact with it. The resolution change to were half the dialog box was off screen allwed me to interact. However, since the "Send Notification" button was off screen, I could not press it.

What I did instead was select "Use password" which changed the input method. Under that, a link for "Use authenticater" came back so I pressed that again. It finally prompted me with a sign-in code that sent to my phone. However, I could not see all the options available for my authenticater, so I pressed "F11" again to change the resolution back to the previous one so I could see the options and select the appropriate code for my authenticater.

After further troubleshooting, I found it was related to my settings in-game. The "Window Mode" was set to "Fullscreen" with a resolution of 3840 X 1210 (Something I had never seen before) SO I changed it back to Boarder-less and resolution of 1920x1080 and it seemed to fix everything.

NOTE** TO get to the resolution fix I came to, I had to play around with the "F11" button to keep switching between the screen where I could "see everything and not press on anything" and "press on anything and not see the whole screen".

It sounds like a lot and it was weird as hell to play with but I got it resolved this way. Hopefully this helps some of you guys out too.

Thanks,
Had same issue. Went into master master chief collection on steam. Selected settings>properties>local files. Select verify integrity of game files. Then it says I need a 500mb update. Did that and game let me login to the Xbox live.
Easy solution...
Search Credential manager in the windows search bar
click on windows credentials
scroll down to "XBL|Device key" and delete/ remove it.

Worked immediately for me. Good luck!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2