Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

The Master Chief Saga Playlist (Bug?)

OP Blodhgarm92

So, I have been working on some of the various playlists in the game and a few months back, I started on the Normal Master Chief Saga Playlist. This Playlist tasks you with starting on the very first mission in Halo: Combat Evolved and has you playing through until the very last mission in Halo 4. (It's taking me a few months because with work and life issues, I can't always get to play) I figured this morning I would bang out the last half of the Halo 4 segment and complete the playlist this morning. So, I knock out a couple of missions, save it, and take a little break to resume later.

I am now at 43/46 mission completions for the Playlist meaning I have just 3 missions left to do to complete the playlist, but it won't let me "resume" my playlist. I go to the Playlists menu and have the option to "Resume" the playlist from where I left off. The mission starts to load, even showing the little "mission/level title loading screen" while it loads. When it finishes loading, the screen starts to fade like it normally does when it sets you into the mission. But instead of starting the mission, I get another loading screen that then just takes me back to the "resume playlist" menu. I have closes the game out a few times and restarted it and tried several times, but even have attempting to resume the playlist about a dozen times, it still does the same thing: The mission loads and goes to start up, only to get another loading screen back to the menus where it gives me the option to resume once again.

Please tell me there is a way I can fix this issue without either: A.) having to restart the entire playlist over again from the beginning. (If I have to, I will....I am just not looking forward to playing through the whole playlist again when I am so close to finishing it. OR B.) Having to uninstall/reinstall the game. (I have rather crappy satellite internet and I am not looking forward to another 2-3 day reinstall timer if I end up uninstalling the game and having to reinstall it again.)

If anyone has had this issue before and were able to fix it without having to do one of the two options listed above, please let me know. Like I said, if I ultimately have to re-start the playlist over, I will....but I am trying to see if there are any options that will prevent me from having to do so.
Try a hard reset on your Xbox console. If that does not fix it you’re only option other than restarting is to reinstall the game to see if it fixes it.
Mr Vacha wrote:
Try a hard reset on your Xbox console. If that does not fix it you’re only option other than restarting is to reinstall the game to see if it fixes it.
I tried that and it didn't seem to work. Thanks for the suggestion but it just looks like I am going to have to restart the whole plasylist over.
Hi, I have the same problem. I'm stuck on the first level of halo 4. So I'm 37/46 and everytime I try to play it brings me back to the menu screen. I have tried logging in on other people's consoles and continuing my progress, but it still does the same thing. So in other words, I don't think an uninstall and a reinstall will fix your problem, but I hope they fix this bug. I'm pretty frustrated too. Good luck my dude.
I FOUND A FIX! I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I loaded up my playthrough of the master cheif saga, but this time in split screen local. It made me restart the level for split screen so I played to a checkpoint and ended the game. Next I logged in playing the same master cheif saga playthrough but solo. This let me restart the level again but on solo. In short restarting the level allowed it to load my progress from the beginning of the last level I was on. So yeah now I'm back at the begging of Dawn, which is where my game playthrough got messed up. Hope this works for you guys too!
I FOUND A FIX! I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. I loaded up my playthrough of the master cheif saga, but this time in split screen local. It made me restart the level for split screen so I played to a checkpoint and ended the game. Next I logged in playing the same master cheif saga playthrough but solo. This let me restart the level again but on solo. In short restarting the level allowed it to load my progress from the beginning of the last level I was on. So yeah now I'm back at the begging of Dawn, which is where my game playthrough got messed up. Hope this works for you guys too!
You are a genius. This is the only fix that worked for me. Sucks that people on solo only playlists don’t have this option.
Actually it does work for solo play throughs. Mine was a solo play through. You just turn on a second controller at the menu and itll ask you if you want to restart the level you are currently on in order to play co op. So yeah this seems to be a pretty dependable fix hope this helps anyone else that got stuck like this. 👍👍👍
Actually it does work for solo play throughs. Mine was a solo play through. You just turn on a second controller at the menu and itll ask you if you want to restart the level you are currently on in order to play co op. So yeah this seems to be a pretty dependable fix hope this helps anyone else that got stuck like this. 👍👍👍
Well, I don't have a second controller so....guess I am just stuck and have to reset.