Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

Two corpses in one grave achievement bugged

OP Matteo1987054

Guys, i tried 3 times on heroic and normal on sword base oni but nothing.. this achievement didn't pop... i dont know what to do.... feels like warlord of halo 5
Guys, i tried 3 times on heroic and normal on sword base oni but nothing.. this achievement didn't pop... i dont know what to do.... feels like warlord of halo 5
Turn off all non scoring skulls if you have any turned on.
Turn off all non scoring skulls if you have any turned on.
I got it with all 3 of them activated.
In order for it to pop, both Wraiths must die before the last missile arrives. It is a little tricky to pull it off, but if the Wraiths are both relatively close to the center of the circle, it should unlock. You should be able to get it on Easy. :)
Cizlin wrote:
In order for it to pop, both Wraiths must die before the last missile arrives. It is a little tricky to pull it off, but if the Wraiths are both relatively close to the center of the circle, it should unlock. You should be able to get it on Easy. :)
The Halo Reach achievements for doing a certain task in each mission cannot be done on Easy. The achievement description does not specify a difficulty. But, they have to be done on normal, heroic, or legendary. It was the same way on the original Halo Reach release. I ran into this same problem a couple weeks ago(with the same achievement, too) and couldn't figure out why the achievement didn't pop.
Willko wrote:
Cizlin wrote:
The Halo Reach achievements for doing a certain task in each mission cannot be done on Easy. The achievement description does not specify a difficulty. But, they have to be done on normal, heroic, or legendary. It was the same way on the original Halo Reach release. I ran into this same problem a couple weeks ago(with the same achievement, too) and couldn't figure out why the achievement didn't pop.
Huh. I swear I did it on Easy when it unlocked for me. Oh well, Normal isn't too bad, though.
For me it did not pop when I had the Competitive Score HUD turned on. Not sure if any other campaign settings will effect it. Below is what I used:

ONI: Sword Base (Rally Point Alpha) —> Scoring and Time HUD OFF —> Normal Difficulty —> No Skulls.
Using all the info here (Normal, No scoring/timing hud, no skulls, rally point alpha, make sure they both explode BEFORE the last round hits), and it still didn't pop.

What else can I do besides damage them so they are one hit and work from there?
Can confirm: I couldn't get the achievement to pop after like 5 tries. I jumped up to Normal difficulty, disabled all skulls (I had some non-scoring ones on before), and got the achieve on the first try.
I did have the score HUD on, and for the record I started from Rally Point Bravo - you don't need to start at the beginning.

Best I can say is restart the game; sometimes after running for a while I stop getting achievements. Rebooting the game seems to help.
Guys I tried this on normal. no skulls. no timers... and I did it twice in a row.... and no achevment.
Does anyone know what I'm going wrong?
Not unlocking for me either, tried multiple times with normal, up to legendary, no scoring on, no skulls, and also not just the wraiths but the ghosts too.

EDIT potential solution: I am not sure if this fixed it, but the moment I tried after this it popped immediately.
(NOTE this is with the WINDOWS 10 app store app/ xbox app version not steam, but I assume if you find the steam .exe it will work the same)
I also run the app as admin.

So I was reading about it on the support section in known issues and saw about the DNS servers, I dont have a DNS blocker but I ublocked the MCC.exe in my firewall.
Also I am not sure if this made a difference but in order to actually find the .exe I had to change the permisions on the windows apps folder.

Heres how to do it.

First navigate to "C:\Program Files" (Press WindowsKey + R and type the path in quotes)
Press ALT then V then Y then O
Click the "View" tab
Under "Advanced Settings:" find "Hidden files and folders"
Check the circle box saying "Show hidden files, folders, and drives"
Click "Apply"
Scroll down to find "WindowsApps"
Right click that folder and click "Properties"
Go to the "Security" tab
Click "Advanced"
Where it says "Owner:" click "Change"
In the text field labeled "Enter the object name to select" type in your username then click "Check names" or press enter if you typed it precisely
Now click "OK"
Check the box that says "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"
Then click "Apply" (This will take a while and probably lag your pc slightly)

Now to unblock the app with Windows Firewall:

Press WindowsKey + R type "firewall.cpl" then press enter
Click "Advanced settings" on the left hand side
Click "Inbound Rules" on the left hand side
Click "New Rule..." on the right hand side
Press ALT + N (at the same time this time)
Now ALT + R
Click in the text field where it says " > This PC > Destop " and type
"C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Chelan_1.1570.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe" (or manually find it) then type at the end "\mcc" and you should see the .exe
(or just fill in this "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Chelan_1.1570.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\mcclauncher.exe")
Press "Open" then click next or press ALT + N again
Check "Allow the connection"
Press ALT + N twice or click next twice
(You have to name it, name it MCC or something)
Then click "Finish" or press ALT + F
Repeat the same for "Outbound Rules"

Also make sure you dont have Os10 shutup enabled / temp disable it for the game session
(I use to have this and it messes with the chives popping with XBL games because it disabled telemetry which is needed for chives)

And finally this is the video of when it popped (https://imgur.com/dN1r46a)
Playing on NORMAL no score hud, or skulls, and starting at rally point bravo.
I did this dozens of times, different difficulties. I even killed the two wraiths perfectly and then the two ghosts perfectly in the same run. Nothing. Then I restarted the console and the achievement popped as soon as I opened halo.
Would definitely recommend restarting if you’ve tried everything else.