1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
cant install the game on pc,
error 0x80070780 in store
anyone else having this issue?
Same here. Just tried to install an MCC update and it showed ERROR 100% and a code of 0x80070780
Downloaded MCC and everything was fine. Clicked to play and receive update notification for 1.68gb. It downloaded to 100 percent and when installing I get the same code. I have cleared cache and restore points even ran disc cleanup. Trying again now and I will report back if it worked.
Yes me too, just ran the update error Code: 0x80070780 during install after download.
Same problem here. Code: 0x80070780
Last update broke the game and it does not launch now.

Where's the fix???
Same issue here.

**I found a solution that worked for me, see my post lower down**

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/unable-to-install-game-on-w10-store/249f00f5-bf97-4fd2-bd1a-6190988b5394/posts?page=1#post17
Same. It's crazy, the game made me re-install twice and now it just says "Error" when I try to install again.
Same, I was really hoping to play tonight. Oh well.
Hi guys, I never post in forums but found myself frustrated by this issue the last few days. Finally found a fix and wanted to share it!

1. Navigate to the following directory (remember to change the "user_name" in bold to your own PC username!):

C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

2. Delete the LocalCache folder and its contents.

3. Restart your PC.

4. Now open the Microsoft Store (do not do it through Game Pass app), find Halo MCC and it will say "Install" again. Click that. It will tell you that Halo Reach and Halo CE have successfully installed quite quickly.

5. Still in the Microsoft Store app, click into Downloads and Updates and update the Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It will say that it is downloading the most recent 1.67gb update, again will complete quickly.

6. Open Game Pass. Enjoy.

Hope this helps and works for you guys too.
Did some hunting around yesterday and came across this suggestion that worked for me.

Run the 'wsreset' command - this basically clears the Windows Store cache that seems to be screwing around with the install of Halo CE. It might not display anything on the command line so let it just do it's thing and finish. Restart the download and it should complete all the way through.
I tried these suggestions but now I'm just getting a different error, code 0x80073D24. The end result is the same.
My install button is still busted after the failed update when Halo CE came to PC, the update failed I uninstalled and tried to reinstall and it plays out like its going to work asking me for my drive but then 2 seconds later it tells me "Halo just got installed check it out" obviously its not going to install in 2 seconds but when I go and look it just says install again. I tried looking for any files on my PC for halo to delete them and there were none, tried WSreset that didnt work neither did clearing the local cache.
I removed the recent insider build to see if that was causing it. (Just couldn't be bothered to start steam.) Still getting the same 0x80073D24 error as Char Senyou. When I looked up that error code it mentioned Dirt Rally 2.0 problems from 3 months ago though. This seems to indicate that it's not a new problem.
Same error on MS Store, Reach worked fine since the last update destroyed my installation, I tryed to install it on different Storages, same Problem.

Please fix it soon.
Hey y'all, hope you've had this issue fixed by now. From what I can tell, error 0x80073D24 is caused by a corrupt or inaccessible destination folder:

First, check if the error is due to a bad folder: for me, this was checking if C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\HaloMCC was accessible through file explorer - for me it was not, and double clicking it gave me a "System cannot access this file" error. If that's the case, hooray, this annoying solution *should* work. If that's not the case, I'm sorry, but this fix likely won't solve your problem. If your game is installed on a different drive, then the location of ModifiableWindowsApps folder may be specific to that drive, maybe not, honestly I'm not sure.

I did all of the following in this order, it may be enough for you, you may require additional steps:
  1. Cancel all downloads related to Halo MCC in the Windows Store downloads queue.
  2. Open CMD or Powershell in admin mode (Win key + X, then A)
  3. Run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  4. Run sfc /scannow
  5. Run CHKDSK C: /f /r
Note: if the bad sector is on your C drive you'll have to restart to allow CHKDSK to run.
Then check if you can access that HaloMCC folder. If you can, Shift + Delete it, otherwise continue on to the nuclear method:

1. Run the wsreset command (just open start and type that, then hit enter)
  2. Hold shift while restarting to access the command-prompt restart option
  3. Once in the command prompt restart, run the following commands:
  • rd /s "C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\HaloMCC"
  • rd /s C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
  • exit
These should force-delete the HaloMCC folder and the Microsoft Store cache.
Please be very careful with what commands you type in the command line. You can probably do some damage if you type the wrong stuff.

Then, once you've exited back into normal Windows, open the Microsoft Store and restart the MCC download from there (you should also be able to restart the download through the Xbox for PC app, but I did it through the MS Store just to be a bit safer.

This fixed the issue for me. If it doesn't for you, I'm really sorry 'cause I understand just how much of a headache this error is.
Hey y'all, hope you've had this issue fixed by now. From what I can tell, error 0x80073D24 is caused by a corrupt or inaccessible destination folder:

First, check if the error is due to a bad folder: for me, this was checking if C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\HaloMCC was accessible through file explorer - for me it was not, and double clicking it gave me a "System cannot access this file" error. If that's the case, hooray, this annoying solution *should* work. If that's not the case, I'm sorry, but this fix likely won't solve your problem. If your game is installed on a different drive, then the location of ModifiableWindowsApps folder may be specific to that drive, maybe not, honestly I'm not sure.

I did all of the following in this order, it may be enough for you, you may require additional steps:
  1. Cancel all downloads related to Halo MCC in the Windows Store downloads queue.
  2. Open CMD or Powershell in admin mode (Win key + X, then A)
  3. Run DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
  4. Run sfc /scannow
  5. Run CHKDSK C: /f /r
Note: if the bad sector is on your C drive you'll have to restart to allow CHKDSK to run.
Then check if you can access that HaloMCC folder. If you can, Shift + Delete it, otherwise continue on to the nuclear method:

1. Run the wsreset command (just open start and type that, then hit enter)
  2. Hold shift while restarting to access the command-prompt restart option
  3. Once in the command prompt restart, run the following commands:
  • rd /s "C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\HaloMCC"
  • rd /s C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
  • exit
These should force-delete the HaloMCC folder and the Microsoft Store cache.
Please be very careful with what commands you type in the command line. You can probably do some damage if you type the wrong stuff.Then, once you've exited back into normal Windows, open the Microsoft Store and restart the MCC download from there (you should also be able to restart the download through the Xbox for PC app, but I did it through the MS Store just to be a bit safer.

This fixed the issue for me. If it doesn't for you, I'm really sorry 'cause I understand just how much of a headache this error is.
Hey I have the Halo MCC not on my main drive but I am getting the same problem as you did. What commands should I say if I have HaloMCC on my F drive?
After talking with several Xbox agents and a Microsoft agent we got a fix on my end.

They verified my Xbox Game Pass for PC is active, and that the game, Halo: MCC, is still available under Game Pass list on - https://www.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-game-pass/games. They concluded that it is not an issue with my Subscription, Xbox Live account or the Xbox servers.

Fix:
  1. I was asked to find the two folders: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Chelan_1.1246.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe (the game install folder) and Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC (the game cache files). Only the MSIXVC existed. To see these folders you may have to unhide hidden folders, a quick google search should help with this.
  2. You may not be able to open the MSIXVC folder. To gain access change the permissions on the MSIXVC folder by right clicking on it, click on properties, security, advanced, change. In the text field type "everyone" (without quotes), click on check names, then click ok.
  3. I deleted the cache files in the MSIXVC folder. The Microsoft agent said the error could be showing because Windows is still detecting the cache files and thinks there is a game installed, even though there is no game.
  4. Open up Xbox app for PC (the Microsoft store seems to work as well) find Halo: MCC and click install. For me, the game install started from the beginning of the 28.9gb and smoothly installed.
Duplicate.
I have un problème au niveau du xbox game pass quand j’installe halo the master chief collection il ne veut pas s’installer j’ai un message d’erreur et c’est valable pour halo reach et halo combat evolved anniversary alors que pour les autre jeux les téléchargements non aucun problème s’il vous plait aider moi car j’ai pris xbox game pass que pour halo et je suis sur pc
Hello I seem to be having the same issue as stated above. I get an error code 0x803fb107 I have Googled the code and tried troubleshooting it myself i have cleared enough space in my c drive for the game and no matter what the game will automatically say error "one or more items in this bundle didn't install yet". Now I did have the game installed was playing it the day before halo 2 launched for pc but now it appears I don't have the game installed and I have looked everywhere to try and delete anything related to the game in my file folder. I have also done what andre5734 said to do above. Ps you can email me if you have any solutions or respond to this post it would be gratefully appreciated.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3