Forums / Support / Halo: The Master Chief Collection Support

unable to install game on w10 store..

OP grizzIydean

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hello I seem to be having the same issue as stated above. I get an error code 0x803fb107 I have Googled the code and tried troubleshooting it myself i have cleared enough space in my c drive for the game and no matter what the game will automatically say error "one or more items in this bundle didn't install yet". Now I did have the game installed was playing it the day before halo 2 launched for pc but now it appears I don't have the game installed and I have looked everywhere to try and delete anything related to the game in my file folder. I have also done what andre5734 said to do above. Ps you can email me if you have any solutions or respond to this post it would be gratefully appreciated.
My exact scenario. Spent over four hours troubleshooting with NO luck!!
Hello I seem to be having the same issue as stated above. I get an error code 0x803fb107 I have Googled the code and tried troubleshooting it myself i have cleared enough space in my c drive for the game and no matter what the game will automatically say error "one or more items in this bundle didn't install yet". Now I did have the game installed was playing it the day before halo 2 launched for pc but now it appears I don't have the game installed and I have looked everywhere to try and delete anything related to the game in my file folder. I have also done what andre5734 said to do above. Ps you can email me if you have any solutions or respond to this post it would be gratefully appreciated.
My exact scenario. Spent over four hours troubleshooting with NO luck!!
Same thing happened to me. Till yesterday REACH. And CE were working great. After I bought halo 2 anniversary and tried installing it, got notification of not enough space in c drive. I freed some space for the game to install but it was stuck and was not installing further. I thought of uninstalling the entire game and reinstalling everything again. But as I tried to install it through ms store. I am getting error that add ons can’t be installed until the game is not installed. And nothing is getting installed. This is bad. Help me if anyone have any idea about it.
I'm leaving this here for updates, having the same issue I've tried everything found on the internet trough reset app, CMD, powershell and nothing worked. awaiting more updates/fix/info regarding the issue, Microsoft, fix your stuff....

Edit: And once i hit install the Store app will not prompt me with the option to choose WHERE i can install the game
This is happening to me as well, I've tried almost every solution possible to upgrading my windows with a fresh install and still it doesn't work.
same problem:
I was playing HALO Reach untill yesterday without any problems.
Today HALO MCC did not start, needed new installation
Store cannot install / download the game, same errors again and again
every solution tryed, deleted the folders, resetted store, ... -> nothing worked

the win10 xbox app even has no halo in it, only the store "knows" that i bought it from microsoft

can anybody official confirm that this is a known issue and it will be fixed?
otherwise i trie to install win10 new, again
or i buy it on steam, like anything else, i never had one little problem with steam, with any game since decades!

btw: 300GB free space on drive c: - never had problems!
No help from support

UNSCOPSAgent10
(Halo Support)
May 14, 2020, 10:57:46 AM PDT
Hello Oddmanout4679​,
Halo Support is unable to assist with issues related to the Microsoft Store app. Support and troubleshooting guides for the Microsoft Store app can be found here. Please reach out to us if you encounter any issues that may occur when launching or playing the game.
Thank you,
UNSCOPSAgent10
I think I fixed it, in my case I messed up yesterday with some windows settings in order to get better download speeds on the app store and that triggered the error.

I can now download gears 5 fine, at least for now, 11% now and no issues while on the xbox beta app.
I will quote what I did, I just undid this. I hope this helps somebody if they did the same as me. This was the issue:

Quote:
"Found a workaround (for Windows 10 Pro) open 'Edit Group Policy',
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Delivery Optimization
'Maximum download bandwidth percentage' set to Enabled and Maximum limit to '0' (Unlimited)
Also, found changing Download Mode to 'Bypass' (to use Background Intelligent Transfer Service instead of Delivery Optimization) speed up the download also (if you can't be bothered messing with %)"

Sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/bifofu/microsoft_store_has_insanely_slow_download_speed/
I also managed to find a fix by installing the Xbox app(beta) and installing the game from there. Even though the app communicates with the store and is downloading trough there, odd....
Hey guys, i had the same issue as you did and couldnt fix it.
I redownloaded, changed drives and even reset the store it didnt work.
I cant even delete the old corrupt files becaus the WindowsApps folder is locked up even for
Admins !!! Other games works fine ( ex : Ori and the Will of the Wisp ). This is a total -Yoink- up ...
Also very unstable download speeds. I came back for Halo 2 and its even worse than before...
Getting the X1 MCC Vibes right now :-( !

EDIT : Disabling Delivery Optimization fixed the download speed for now. Will try to see if i can reenable without some slowdown. Might also be my ISP being an a**hole blocking P2P transfer from DeliveryOptimization
Have the same issue the update kept failing to install with error saying you need to install the main game before you install add-ons. I uninstalled the whole game then went to reinstall it and now it won't install. Gets to a certain point then fails with Error 0x803FB107. I have reset the store app tried different drives used both the store and Xbox app to start the download. I have manually deleted all files associated with halo in all locations and deleted the App store cache. I have run DISM, SFC, CHKDSK, MEMCHK. I have signed out of all Microsoft accounts then signed back in. I installed 4 other games perfectly fine no issues at all but cannot install Halo MCC. I formatted a drive and installed a fresh copy of windows and then tried to install the game again and it failed to install again. This issue is 100% server side and if you can get it to work is solely luck based. My assumption is that it's a region based problem I'm from AUS and I have a feeling that it likely an problem with the Australian server. If you have this issue and read this reply with the issue you face and your region to help narrow this down.
Im having the exact same problem also from AUS.
got to 9.33GB and its stuck everytime tried installing it on 3 different drives no luck.... Guess its back to the Xbox and this new gaming PC can collect some dust.
I am not having the same issue as everyone else I cant get anything at all. Let me explain what I mean ok I go to the Master Chief page on the MS Store in windows 10 I click on Install & I get the next option to select which HDD drive I want to install the game to I select where I want to install it & then nothing happens after a while I get this message Try again Something happened at our end I have been getting this for a while this is also happening with Gears 5 & State Of Decay 2 & it really is annoying it is as if they have taken some stor servers off to deal with demand due to lockdown. Also the last 2 games I mentioned I get them to download to install on my Xbox One X ok.
I just wanted to chime in here after spending the last hour+ to get my game able to download again. I had to start from 0% again but at least it's working.
It was a combination of the advice given above, so I'm not sure which combination did it, but I tried each of the things separately and it wasn't working.

restart your pc in safe mode

open cmd as an administrator (press ctrl+shift+enter) and run wsreset
delete the following folders:
C:\Users\User_name\AppData\Local\Packages \Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\HaloMCC
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MSIXVC
(you will need to change permissions on some folders if you get access denied, see the above post on how to do that)

I did that for each drive, for some reason I had duplicates on my main C, and my drive for games E.
Restart into regular windows, start the download using xbox (Beta) not microsoft store.

everything is finally downloading
Dont worry I got them to start downloading & install I went through Xbox Beta app
After trying much of what's already been said (deleting, updating, uninstalling, reinstalling, MSstore, XBBetaApp …) today I uninstalled everything (again, this time with ccleaner uninstaller), Cleared the store cache (“wsreset” admin but not even in safe mode), cleaned the registry (CCleaner again), made sure all the associated files were gone from AppData and WindowsApps folders, rebooted. Straight to the XBox Beta app, chose install, it started! I let it finish fearing any interaction or disturbance would curse me again… Praise the halo gods, I have everything expected intact now….

It was a little wonky when I opened MCC and checked under settings content, Reach, CE, and 2 had lock icons on them but as soon as I started or resumed a campaign in each they appeared proper and installed (campaign and multiplayer). Everything appears to be in working order for me.
Good luck to those still struggling.
Hi all,

I had what appears to be the same issue attempting to install via the Xbox game pass app, failed at 100% installed with code 0x80073d24.

I have the game files installed on a non-default drive (D:)

Was working fine up until yesterday -- resolved following "Still having problems" procedure here (did not require re-downloading the game):
https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/troubleshoot-games-windows-10

Try reinstalling gaming services. To do this:
  • Launch powershell as an administrator and enter “get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers”
  • In the same powershell window, enter “start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN”
  • Install the app on that page, including accepting the UAC prompt when shown.
  • Try installing the game again.
andre5734 wrote:
Same issue here.

**I found a solution that worked for me, see my post lower down**
link?
same here was fine until halo 2 came out on pc now i cant install any halo
Now i join you all with the same problem, the Halo MCC PC that i installed on my Steam also demand twice installed yesterday. Meanwhile i at the yesterday morning, still can played with nicely at two different computer. one using AMD drivers, others using Intel and Nvidia Drivers, both newest drivers. Then when i want to check again the game, suddenly did not want to play, the Steam file asked to be installed, i did the installment, and it ask 11.93 GB! Previously, i only installed for Single campaign, plus some additional support files such communication,skipped the multiplayer. Then, after i already finish installed,register to Microsof XBOX, the game launch for the intro MCC that show the Warthog design, and demand click enter to start play. When i click it or push enter button, its just suddenly pop out back to MCC Stea menu. I already did twice Steam file verification integrity check, validating the files,repairing the steam library folder, and cleaning steam cache, it's still pop out when i click the enter at MCC Halo intro screen. This was happened after the new patch and updated for Halo 2 Anniversary coming. I already installed Halo Reach and Halo CE previously, and both work smoothly, and can played Halo 2 Anniversary with good, before the updating. Now, i uninstalled them all, due i already wasted time and money for the trying fixing games that i really want to enjoy. Dont know what suppose to do now
I tried almost every suggestion in this thread and still am a unable to install mcc or any of the titles. Same boat where I had Reach and CE already installed then after the release of H2 Anniversary the game no longer worked and as a result I uninstalled to reinstall. Now to this day if I try to install it immediately says “error”. As for Xbox PC App, just sits at 0% like others were saying. Please respond if anyone has an updated or working solution
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3