Skip to main content
I was about to play with a friend MCC on PC when the message of Version Mismatch appeared. I followed the instructions of a locked post and try to solve this inconvenience. It didn't work out. Do you experienced the same trouble as I, and how do you solve it?

I don't know of this has something to do with it, but I play MCC through the Xbox app on PC and my friend through Steam.
Check your game version - it should be 1.2406.0.0

If you have an earlier version, go to the Microsoft Store, click the three dots on the right hand side (...) and select 'Downloads and Updates', then click the 'Get Updates' button. This should find if there are any updates available.

If nothing comes up when you do the above, go to the store page where you buy the game. That may trigger an update download.

If you have the correct version, have your friend check their version and for Steam Updates for the game
Also get your friend to verify files within Steam.
LgndryDad wrote:
Check your game version - it should be 1.2406.0.0

If you have an earlier version, go to the Microsoft Store, click the three dots on the right hand side (...) and select 'Downloads and Updates', then click the 'Get Updates' button. This should find if there are any updates available.

If nothing comes up when you do the above, go to the store page where you buy the game. That may trigger an update download.

If you have the correct version, have your friend check their version and for Steam Updates for the game
Thanks a lot. I needed the update and now version 1.24.06.0.0 is installed.