OP Juxtapose13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5
Hi everyone,

I'm playing on the Windows Store version of the game, and I was also on the Halo 3 Flight on Steam. I uninstalled the Steam Flight, and of course, it uninstalled the Easy Anti-Cheat software, which rendered my Windows Store version unable to launch.

The fix was simple, I had to uninstall and re-install the Windows Store version. Oddly, a cosmetic issue has resulted from this re-installation.

In my Start Menu, the icons for Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo: MCC Anti-Cheat Disabled are "blue squares" and no longer showing their icon art.

Does anyone know how to get that icon art to display again?
I have been having this issue for quite some time.
I have been having this issue for quite some time.
I'm hoping a future icon "refreshes" the icon, as I have yet to find a solution.
I just noticed the other day this happened to my father's system as well. It would have occurred over the last week and a half, and he did _not_ do a clean install of the Collection.

So something else (patch, server-side change?) is causing it.
Same here. It's been blank for a long time on my machine. Uninstall/reinstall doesn't fix. The issue has survived updating Win10 to version 2004. It's really fun to pin to the task bar because then it's completely invisible.
Xeno9283 wrote:
Same here. It's been blank for a long time on my machine. Uninstall/reinstall doesn't fix. The issue has survived updating Win10 to version 2004. It's really fun to pin to the task bar because then it's completely invisible.
Yeah. I pin to the Start Menu, but typically launch the game via the Xbox App.
Have the same problem as well, icons are just blue squares and when I pin to taskbar its just invisible.
I've been searching for a solution to this for awhile too. All the fixes I have found for blank tiles in Windows 10 don't seem to work, so must be a game specific bug. When I first installed Halo MCC around launch, it was fine, but after I think Halo CE installed, it's been blank ever since.
Renfek wrote:
I've been searching for a solution to this for awhile too. All the fixes I have found for blank tiles in Windows 10 don't seem to work, so must be a game specific bug. When I first installed Halo MCC around launch, it was fine, but after I think Halo CE installed, it's been blank ever since.
For me, it happened after I had to re-install after the _Halo 3_ Flight (I flighted on Steam, and removing it got rid of the anticheat software which made my Windows Store version unplayable).

For my father, who does not participate in flights, his magically did it a week or so later. I can't recall if an update to the game occurred.
It's annoying to look at, but at least it's not affecting game-play! :) I'm following this thread now, I'll definitely follow up if I ever find a fix! If anyone else finds one, please post back!
Same thing is happening to me. Can't fix it for the life of me, it's really annoying.
Also a Windows Store MCC user and the icons went blank/blue as well. I uninstalled and reinstalled which brought the icons back for a bit but then it went right back to being blank.

It's definitely a mild nuisance so hopefully theres a fix for it soon.
Same issue here. Glad to know it's not my system only...
still no fix? its kind of annoying to see this blank in my task bar
So, just for the heck of it (and because I needed an excuse to play around with my new fios gigabit internet connection), I started downloading a bunch of games thru Game Pass on PC. Found something interesting. 2 of the games I installed were Farming Simulator 2017 and Mudrunner. What's interesting is.... they both have the same blank tile as Halo MCC. (same color and all, the few other games I downloaded had no issues with their tiles.) Of these 2 games, Mudrunner is 1.5GB, so not too large of a download. Those of you who have Halo MCC thru game pass, try installing Mudrunner, since it's not too large of a download, if you don't mind. See if you're getting the same blank tile. (or maybe some of you already have one of these games installed, does it have a blank tile on yours too?) Not sure how this may help to figure out the issue, but nice to have as much info as possible. Since Mudrunner was quick to uninstall and reinstall, I tried that, but it reinstalled with the blank tile.
FYI all, you can now create Desktop shortcuts for Windows Store games. Via the Xbox App, right click and select "create desktop shortcut."

For Halo: The Master Chief Collection, it's kept the icon art.
FYI all, you can now create Desktop shortcuts for Windows Store games. Via the Xbox App, right click and select "create desktop shortcut."

Didn't work for me. It just put a giant blue square on my desktop, with a very little tiny Halo icon in the middle. If I didn't recognize the Halo font, I honestly wouldn't even know it said "Halo" in the icon. It's about 92% blue tile, 8% Halo icon. Thanks for the suggestion though!!! Maybe others will have better luck than I did.
Renfek wrote:

Didn't work for me. It just put a giant blue square on my desktop, with a very little tiny Halo icon in the middle. If I didn't recognize the Halo font, I honestly wouldn't even know it said "Halo" in the icon. It's about 92% blue tile, 8% Halo icon. Thanks for the suggestion though!!! Maybe others will have better luck than I did.
Odd, as it worked perfectly fine for me and my father.
Renfek wrote:

Odd, as it worked perfectly fine for me and my father.
I guess it just doesn't like me!! :( Did you have the blank tile on the Start screen prior to making your desktop shortcut? (or did you not have it pinned to Start?). If you never had it pinned to start, can you check something, just curious. If you hit the Start button, and scroll thru your programs list (along the left side of Start screen), does your Halo MCC program have a blank tile next to it, or does it look like a normal icon? I have the blank tile on the Start screen and in the program listing along the left.
This is how the icon looks on my screen (desktop, start menu, taskbar and Xbox app) https://ibb.co/C5HdgP8
Same issue as OP, this happened after I had to reinstall the game because I could not launch it anymore after a steam flight test due to the absence of anti cheat.
I reinstalled the entire thing once again and tried other fixes (deleting icon cache) but this did not solve the problem.
Do you see the same thing ?
Even though it does not affect game play it, is still annoying !
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 5