OP Juxtapose13

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Same here. It is frustrating since I don't like it looking blank in my taskbar so I have to always open the start menu to launch...and the missing icons there bug me too.

This shouldn't be a difficult fix. I'm not sure why it's taking months.
If this is happening to other games from the Microsoft Store, is it possible this is some weird bug that affects only game titles from the MS Store?
How has this still not been addressed by 343? Its very annoying especially when this is the only game this happens to from the Windows store. Its a small issue and the fact that this has been going on for a year is really upsetting.
Agreed this only is happening with MS Store version hopefully someone from 343 will address this issue.
I have the same issue.
It sucks they still haven't fixed this yet. :(
same problem here... need a solution :-(
Glad I did a search before trying other options. Same conditions as reported. Thought maybe its a live tile thing but nope.
Desktop icon works but start menu is a blank square.

This seems to be limited to HALO MCC only as Forza works on both start menu and desktop icon.
Its only an issue I've seen with MCC so far.
Is there anyway to create a Desktop Shortcut for UWP Apps? I found a Tool which can make a custom Tile for a Desktop Shortcut so this might be a workaround.
nLz06 wrote:
Is there anyway to create a Desktop Shortcut for UWP Apps? I found a Tool which can make a custom Tile for a Desktop Shortcut so this might be a workaround.
You can create a desktop shortcut via the Xbox App. It's one of the options when you right click on the game in the apps list, as I recall.
It's also happening with Don't Starve and Starbound from Xbox Game Pass. Not sure why some games have the icon and some games are blank.
BigTung wrote:
It's also happening with Don't Starve and Starbound from Xbox Game Pass. Not sure why some games have the icon and some games are blank.
Good to know. My other Microsoft Store PC games are Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition and Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition, and both of those are fine.
BigTung wrote:
Good to know. My other Microsoft Store PC games are Killer Instinct: Definitive Edition and Halo Wars 2: Complete Edition, and both of those are fine.
I had mentioned earlier in this thread that I've also seen this issue with MudRunner and Farming Simulator 17. The issue seems to be specific to games only, as all the Windows 10 Blank tile fixes work for non-game apps. I don't have these 2 installed anymore though, as they're no longer in Game Pass, so not sure if they were ever fixed (but doubt it).
I've had the same issue going since I installed the Halo 2 flight back on 4/17/2020, haven't been able to fix it this whole time and it drives me nuts, I'm constantly forgetting I even have the game installed because the icon is blank. I've searched high and low because I thought by now they would have fixed it, as it's been an issue for 9 months.
I too have this issue. The icon is blank for me in the windows store app version and when I launch the Xbox app the icon there more times than not is also blanked out.
Also have this issue here.
I've had this issue for awhile now, still no fixes? I'm thinking its a windows problem to be honest
I have the issue still as well. I keep all my games and windows itself up to date. I even completely uninstalled an reinstalled the game and it still shows no icon.
Hi everyone,

I'm playing on the Windows Store version of the game, and I was also on the Halo 3 Flight on Steam. I uninstalled the Steam Flight, and of course, it uninstalled the Easy Anti-Cheat software, which rendered my Windows Store version unable to launch.

The fix was simple, I had to uninstall and re-install the Windows Store version. Oddly, a cosmetic issue has resulted from this re-installation.

In my Start Menu, the icons for Halo: The Master Chief Collection and Halo: MCC Anti-Cheat Disabled are "blue squares" and no longer showing their icon art.

Does anyone know how to get that icon art to display again?
Very important note, there is issues with Easy anti cheat with message error folder
this game is unplayable
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5