Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint Support

Email Notifications

OP JB Linken

Does anyone else have Email Notifications on?

I recently turned them on and set the Frequency Preference to hourly. I'm interested in what types of information we get emailed about besides forum responses. I expected to get an email when the new Community Update was posted but did not receive one.

Does anyone get notified about those posts? Perhaps my email is messed up.
News posts don't trigger emails so you won't get one from new posts there. Outside of thread notifications I don't think there are any broadcasts that get used on the site, at least none that I could see looking back through my archives.

Email notifications are for threads on the forums that you follow - if there are any replies during you'll get an email if you hit the frequency trigger. Only really beneficial if you're following a few topics and aren't on Waypoint at the time to see the notification. It's been a while since I had emails activated, but I think this is how they worked:
You have the frequency set to 1 hour and are following 3 topics, 1 topic gets a reply so once you hit the hour mark you'll get an email. What I can't recall is if your active state on Waypoint is tracked - so you may be browsing here on Waypoint and have seen the notification, but will still get an email once your frequency is triggered. If you follow a lot of topics that get a lot of replies, RIP your inbox haha. Worth some testing to see
stckrboy wrote:
News posts don't trigger emails so you won't get one from new posts there. Outside of thread notifications I don't think there are any broadcasts that get used on the site, at least none that I could see looking back through my archives.

Email notifications are for threads on the forums that you follow - if there are any replies during you'll get an email if you hit the frequency trigger. Only really beneficial if you're following a few topics and aren't on Waypoint at the time to see the notification. It's been a while since I had emails activated, but I think this is how they worked:
You have the frequency set to 1 hour and are following 3 topics, 1 topic gets a reply so once you hit the hour mark you'll get an email. What I can't recall is if your active state on Waypoint is tracked - so you may be browsing here on Waypoint and have seen the notification, but will still get an email once your frequency is triggered. If you follow a lot of topics that get a lot of replies, RIP your inbox haha. Worth some testing to see
Thanks for the reply.

Do you recall receiving anything that fell under "Halo news, special events, and promotions" if you had that checked? I also didn't receive an email about Halo: Outpost Discovery, which is something I definitely think would fall under that criteria.
Don't have anything I can see other than forum notifications.
I have them on, but the emails stopped coming sometime last year and I haven’t been able to get them working again.
tuhin94 wrote:
I have them on, but the emails stopped coming sometime last year and I haven’t been able to get them working again.
Do you have "Halo news, special events, and promotions" checked? If so, what kind of emails were you receiving?
JB Linken wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
Do you have "Halo news, special events, and promotions" checked? If so, what kind of emails were you receiving?
It’s been a while, so I might not be recalling correctly. But I think it would be small reminders or stories for signing up for the MCC Insider program and so on.