Skip to main content

Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint Support

Halo Channel iOS app not booting

OP WetworkWolf

I’m unable to start up the Halo Channel App on my iPhone Xr. I had the app previously but it was deleted. I downloaded the app again but it won’t start with an error message that reads:
“Sorry about that. The data required to initialize Halo Channel could not be retrieved. Please check your network connection and try again.”
I’ve tried deleting the app and re-downloading it again. Nope. I tried wifi and cellular data. Nope. Nothing is working. Any ideas? Help?
Having the same issue on Android with google play store version. Tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, wifi and cellular. Same message every time. Upsetting as the flights start tomorrow and I think it said information would be sent through Halo Channel app...
Same problem here
They are releasing a NEW app alongside the tech preview flight. I can't remember the exact name but it's something like 'Halo Waypoint vNext'. The install instructions should come along with the instructions for installing Infinite. There is some information about the new app here: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/inside-infinite-june-2021 and they talked about it during tech preview showcase on the official Halo channel: https://youtu.be/Oxs05bjCzkU The Halo Channel app hasn't worked for about 6 months.
Having the same issue on Android with google play store version. Tried reinstalling the app, restarting my phone, wifi and cellular. Same message every time. Upsetting as the flights start tomorrow and I think it said information would be sent through Halo Channel app...
They will send the information in here and in emails :)
Having the exact same problem
They will send the information in here and in emails :)
They did and to access the beta for the new Halo Waypoint app we need to access Halo Channel app, so if we can't access Halo Channel app, we can't test the new Halo Waypoint app.

They need to address this
It says on the insider article.

Note: If you have the Halo Channel app installed on your device, it will become the new Halo Waypoint app.

Which is still yet to happen for me.
Still getting the same error message
I feel a bit dumb. I also had the problem, and I just figured out what they meant.
For Android:
Go to the Google Play Store -> Find Halo Channel -> Scroll down and look for "Become a beta tester" -> Press "I'M IN" and wait a few minutes; it will download the new Halo Channel (Beta) app.

I assume iOS has something similar.
MORT1F13R wrote:
I feel a bit dumb. I also had the problem, and I just figured out what they meant.
For Android:
Go to the Google Play Store -> Find Halo Channel -> Scroll down and look for "Become a beta tester" -> Press "I'M IN" and wait a few minutes; it will download the new Halo Channel (Beta) app.

The iOS version is downloaded through Apple's Flight app. I opened the link on my phone which directed me to my flight app which directed me to the download in the store. Then I signed in in the app.
Libvree wrote:
MORT1F13R wrote:
For Android:

The iOS version is downloaded through Apple's Flight app. I opened the link on my phone which directed me to my flight app which directed me to the download in the store. Then I signed in in the app.
All I get is a message that the Beta is already full on IOS...
Same here, No updates in the App Store or any response when opening Halo Channel. I hope that it updates soon cause I'm really itching to watch Halo: Nightfall lol
It says on the insider article.

Note: If you have the Halo Channel app installed on your device, it will become the new Halo Waypoint app.

Which is still yet to happen for me.
Libvree wrote:
MORT1F13R wrote:
For Android:

All I get is a message that the Beta is already full on IOS...
Per developer.apple.com/testflight "You can invite up to 10,000 testers using just their email address or by sharing a public link." So if you're getting a "beta is full" message that means that they have reached that number.
Microsoft has previously run into this problem when trying to beta test their X-Cloud app on iOS. Of course Apple also made them pull it since it competes with their Apple Arcade and, more importantly, they won't get their 30% of every game played (In my opinion.) See https://www.theverge.com/2020/8/6/21357771/apple-cloud-gaming-microsoft-xcloud-google-stadia-ios-app-store-guidelines-violations for more on that subject.
So I guess I'm not the only one, was on reddit and all the tools said do this try this and it still didn't work, even with the link 343 gave that was even more useless, got it just working on PC but still nothing but issues