Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint

Halo Waypoint Sub-Objectives Mistake

OP TobyClone1

On the Halo Wars 2 stats screen, it lists mission 2 as having 8 sub objectives when there are only 7 sub objectives, same for the overall sub-objectives completion, as it lists 1 extra sub-objective that doesn't exist.
TobyClone1 wrote:
On the Halo Wars 2 stats screen, it lists mission 2 as having 8 sub objectives when there are only 7 sub objectives, same for the overall sub-objectives completion, as it lists 1 extra sub-objective that doesn't exist.
Are you sure? Some sub-objectives don't become available until you do something (e.g. if objective is to kill aircraft with wolverine it won't even appear until you've killed the first one - same as HW bonus objectives).

Would need to check the Prima guide when I get home though, but certainly I know on my firstbplay-through I missed a couple that way.
In the game Mission 2 is listed as having 3 Optional objectives and 4 Bonus objectives or vice versa, 7 total, not 8 as is listed on this site, the same is said on every guide, including the official prima guide.
I agree, there are actually 7 sub-objectives not 8. This needs to be corrected.
TobyClone1 wrote:
same here
TobyClone1 wrote:
You're correct. I posted a thread last week about it, but to my knowledge didn't hear anything back.

I think it's just a waypoint glitch, unless there's actually a hidden objective.
I also think it is a Waypoint problem, because the Xbox seems to report that all objectives and sub-objectives have been met. Perhaps this thread can be moved to the Waypoint support forum, or maybe the OP can post this topic in there.

I was having a problem with the wrong highest difficulty level being reported in the Service Record for HW2 on Waypoint (that was also correct on the Xbox) and a thread was created in the Waypoint Support area. They looked at it, corrected the problem and responded letting us know that they had made some changes.

I'm sure with all the issues flying around right now with the new release, it has to be tough to keep track of everything, but the Waypoint crew seemed to fix the issue that was on their end really quick. If the OP posts in the correct area, perhaps this will be noticed and resolved. I would post a thread there, but I don't want to steal the OP's thunder, haha.
I'm sorry if it is in the wrong thread I've barely used the forums here and I've had an account for a few years I'll fix it.
TobyClone1 wrote:
I'm sorry if it is in the wrong thread I've barely used the forums here and I've had an account for a few years I'll fix it.
I apologize if I made you feel that you had posted in the wrong place - I was just thinking this is probably an issue with Waypoint and not HW2, so it might possibly get correctly noticed by the Waypoint team in the Waypoint Support forum instead of the HW2 support forum.

I was actually hoping a mod might be able to move the thread instead of a new one being created over there.
No it's fine and yeah it is most likely a Waypoint problem as everything else from the game reports correctly.
Bump*
I don't think this has been fixed yet.
Bump*
I don't think this has been fixed yet.
No it hasn't. I have fully completed the game, collected everything, and it still shows my stats incorrectly.
Will they ever fix this? i did wonder whether having gold for this mission effects this?
It doesn't I have 100% of the main campaign