Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint Support

Is the 3D Printing option dead?

OP Marshall Melon

It looks like the option to 3D print your Spartan has completely stopped working for over a month, just redirecting to the "Something Went Wrong" page.

Trying to go to Sandboxr itself through old purchase URLs doesn't work either, since it comes up with an invalid security certification. If you override it, it just sends you to WhiteClouds' homepage. Has something happened recently?
Update: I looked into it and it's not just Waypoint having this problem. All Sandboxr services are down. World of Tanks for instance is having the same problem. I've sent an email to WhiteClouds to see what's going on.
stckrboy wrote:
Hey OP, I raised this issue with 343 a few weeks ago as well in this topic. Good to know it's not just Waypoint that's being affected
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/8f4648981f554a9d86527a5754966e89/topics/3d-printed-spartan-page-won-t-load/ee606953-793d-4045-9bbe-2cfaeba98f17/posts
Hey stckr, you might wanna tell them they can stop looking into it now.

WhiteClouds came back to me. Unfortunately they've shut down Sandboxr in favour of custom model printing instead. It might be an idea to tell them to remove the option altogether, or maybe have 343 get back in talks with WC for a new system.
That's a shame, i'll be sure and pass it on
stckrboy wrote:
Hey OP, I raised this issue with 343 a few weeks ago as well in this topic. Good to know it's not just Waypoint that's being affected
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/8f4648981f554a9d86527a5754966e89/topics/3d-printed-spartan-page-won-t-load/ee606953-793d-4045-9bbe-2cfaeba98f17/posts
Hey stckr, you might wanna tell them they can stop looking into it now.

WhiteClouds came back to me. Unfortunately they've shut down Sandboxr in favour of custom model printing instead. It might be an idea to tell them to remove the option altogether, or maybe have 343 get back in talks with WC for a new system.
stckrboy wrote:
That's a shame, i'll be sure and pass it on
That sucks. I knew the website layout was changed but I thought it was just a website issue because IMO the new Whitecloud website layout is a downgrade to the old Sandboxr layout. So I really thought the website was just facing some issues. I also changed my gamer tag around that time so I thought maybe that was the reason why it was broken for me. But I made a forum asking if it was working for anyone else and stckrboy told me he was having the same problem. Halo 5 is not in its prime so I'm sure they are not getting that much custom Spartans request so I wouldn't be surprised if they just stopped making them. I told myself if I reach SR 152 before halo 6 I will buy the biggest size they had, but it looks like that is not happening even if I do reach 152. If 343 makes a deal with Whitecloud to do this again for Halo 5 Spartans can either of you notify me because I still want one.

EDIT: it looks like waypoint removed the 3d printed button in the spartan appearance page.
This sucks, I was just about to buy one too.
Hope they bring it back. I would love to get one before Halo infinity comes out.