Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint Support

Legacy stats not updating on Waypoint

OP stckrboy

Older Halo games work a little differently from modern Halo in respect to stats and service records.

If you're here because Waypoint is telling you that you haven't played a particular game, then your service records will be out of sync. This usually happens if you have changed your gamertag since you last played one of the older games (Halo3, ODST, Reach) and is relatively simple to fix.

You'll need to boot the games up again and play something. This can either be campaign, multiplayer, forge, etc, anything as long as you are connected to Xbox live - playing the backwards compatible version of a game should also work.

Halo 2 is the only game that cannot be fixed using this method as the servers are no longer active to sync with.
stckrboy wrote:
Older Halo games work a little differently from modern Halo in respect to stats and service records.

If you're here because Waypoint is telling you that you haven't played a particular game, then your service records will be out of sync. This usually happens if you have changed your gamertag since you last played one of the older games (Halo3, ODST, Reach) and is relatively simple to fix.

You'll need to boot the games up again and play something. This can either be campaign, multiplayer, forge, etc, anything as long as you are connected to Xbox live - playing the backwards compatible version of a game should also work.

Halo 2 is the only game that cannot be fixed using this method as the servers are no longer active to sync with.
Halo Waypoint won't uodate the picture for my Halo 4 character. The prefect armor is interesting and all, but I worked hard for the Raider DSTT armor and would like to show it off.
I have already tried booting up the game and playing a game online. Waypoint recognized that I palayed the game, but it didn't update my character. It also won't update the profile picture related to Halo 4.
I had to start Reach matchmaking to trigger the update. Campaign doesn’t seem to trigger it, or even firefight in ODST so i don’t see how I can trigger it for that game.

3’s matchmaking is dead so it seems to be near impossible to import my data there as well.

edit: either it just took a long time, or ODST got updated along with 3 when I got into my first game.
I played a matchmaking game in Reach to update my stats. It mostly worked, however my armor isn’t showing up in Waypoint. How can I fix this?
Shadowrend wrote:
I played a matchmaking game in Reach to update my stats. It mostly worked, however my armor isn’t showing up in Waypoint. How can I fix this?
You can't i'm afraid. The rendering of Reach Spartans was discontinued a number of years ago
stckrboy wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
You can't i'm afraid. The rendering of Reach Spartans was discontinued a number of years ago
Sad day! Well the stats are plenty good, thanks!
Shadowrend wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
Sad day! Well the stats are plenty good, thanks!
Except my Raider DSTT will never be seen by the world
My Halo 3 stats don’t seem to be updating despite playing a matchmaking game. Any ideas?

EDIT: Nvm it fixed itself. I’m not sure how to delete this comment though 😬
If you are having any issues with legacy stats, upload a photo to the file share seems to fix for me every time.
waypoint on computer has been down over 10 days now,waypoint on xbox when they changed it over a year ago is total trash
waypoint on computer has been down over 10 days now,waypoint on xbox when they changed it over a year ago is total trash
You should start a new topic for this issue, it's not related to this topic
To fix / view the stats does it have to be the original game on a 360 or does H3 on MCC fix it?
MoRage1621 wrote:
To fix / view the stats does it have to be the original game on a 360 or does H3 on MCC fix it?
It nerds to be the original game on 360 or using backwards compatibility, MCC is a separate game with separate stats
stckrboy wrote:
Shadowrend wrote:
And you said the rendering was discontinued. I got my DSTT to show the world!! I don't know who to thank at Bungie, so I'll thank you, because I know you at least saw my post :D

Edit: I just saw you mentioned Reach instead of H4.
Is there any way to do this without starting up the game again? I no longer am able to do so :(
Is there any way to do this without starting up the game again? I no longer am able to do so :(
Nope, you need to be able to load the game up on a 360 or via backwards compatibility on the X1
stckrboy wrote:

My statistics in h4 do not match those of waypoint and those of the game, in waypoint it seems that I have 44767 kills,
really have 110016, I have not changed the gamertag and I have recently played, but they are not updated, and those statistics are from 2014