Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint

Limited Posts on Waypoint

OP Asher Savelli

So I've noticed how there's a limit to how much you can post in one day and it honestly bothers me, but I understand why. Posts are the only way to increase your rank on waypoint and if we had infinite posts everybody would be max ranks, but at the same time having limited posts prevent me from sharing ideas and thoughts I have for certain topics. I noticed how posts on topics for Spartan Companies don't increase your rank so I got an idea. Why not keep the limit to how many posts count towards your rank, but make it so you can still post afterwards, it just won't count towards your waypoint rank. For example; If you're daily limit is 5 posts a day and you post 20 posts, only 5 of those posts count towards your waypoint rank.
The post counts that are set up are just fine. Before you know it, your rank will be up enough that there will be no way to reach your limit in one day. Quality posts are way better that meaningless drivel.
So I've noticed how there's a limit to how much you can post in one day and it honestly bothers me, but I understand why. Posts are the only way to increase your rank on waypoint and if we had infinite posts everybody would be max ranks, but at the same time having limited posts prevent me from sharing ideas and thoughts I have for certain topics. I noticed how posts on topics for Spartan Companies don't increase your rank so I got an idea. Why not keep the limit to how many posts count towards your rank, but make it so you can still post afterwards, it just won't count towards your waypoint rank. For example; If you're daily limit is 5 posts a day and you post 20 posts, only 5 of those posts count towards your waypoint rank.
It's a lot easier to deal with someone who spams for 5 posts, than it is to deal with someone who has infinite posts to spam. There are elements of the waypoint ranking system I'm not fond of (basing it on posts among them), but limiting newcomers to fewer posts till they've learned the ropes should encourage people to make the most of their posts and (one would hope) that as people progress in ranks it's because they've used those posts well in order to contribute to the discussion and the community. That's my two cents anyway.