Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint Support

Spartan Company - Company Leader No Longer Active

OP EchoGecko23

I am part of the We Need Achi15es Spartan Company.

The leader of the company (ocin2121) has been inactive on Halo 5 since October 2016. We currently only have lieutenant (FORT SUMTER). He wants to promote a few of our other active company members (me (EchoGecko23), TROJANBLADE99, and MagesticMisty) so that we can go on a recruiting drive to fill up our ranks and rebuild our active membership base.

The problem is ocin2121 is away from home at college and he gave his xbox and gold account to his younger brother. Fort Sumter has tried talking ocin's little brother through the process of transferring the company lead, but they don't seem to be able to work through it. The younger brother doesn't want to talk over the mic, so it's making it quite hard to work through this problem. Other than through his xbox live account, there doesn't seem to be any way to get in touch with ocin.

Is there any support available to help us through this problem?
Not really. Management of Spartan Co. is entirely in the players' hands; neither 343i nor Waypoint Monitors can do anything when it comes to the roster of people. It sounds like your original leader has made things tricky by giving access of his account to another person. We can't forcibly remove someone from their position as company leader for multiple reasons. Your best bet would be to make a new Spartan Co.; have one of your current members leave and create a new Co., like "We Need Achi16es" or something, and then send invites to everyone left over in the current company. There are a few ways you can save the current roster so that you'd know who to invite.

Aside from that, continuing to attempt to communicate with the current owner of your current company is the only way to get to a leadership transfer. If the current leader is unable or unwilling to transfer leadership, there is nothing we can do on our end; we do not have the power to influence Spartan Companies in that way.
Hi Chimera30,

Thank you very much for the speedy response.

I'm sure you can appreciate it's not the answer we were hoping for. We were kinda hoping there was an easy button. That said, I can understand the position both 343i and the waypoint team are in on this.

We're still hoping we can work with the little brother to either sort it out, actually get in touch with the owner, or baring that see if little brother will put his parents on so we can try and explain things to them to see if they can help us sort this one out.

Regarding the other course of action you've suggested, am I correct that setting up a new Spartan company would required starting all over from scratch for the company commendations towards the Achilles unlocks. As per the company name, getting those achievements is the whole reason everyone joined the company in the first place. I'm not sure many would see starting all over as a worthwhile option and I could see it frustrating some to the point of quitting the game altogether. So, if this option were to be pursued, is there anyway we could start off in the new company where we left off with the existing one (I'm fairly certain the answer is probably no, but it's a pretty big deal we're talking about here so I'd like to be clear on the impact of the option.

Regards,

EchoGecko23
The problem is ocin2121 is away from home at college and he gave his xbox and gold account to his younger brother. Fort Sumter has tried talking ocin's little brother through the process of transferring the company lead, but they don't seem to be able to work through it. The younger brother doesn't want to talk over the mic, so it's making it quite hard to work through this problem. Other than through his xbox live account, there doesn't seem to be any way to get in touch with ocin.
So the original owner gave his Xbox to his little brother. That should have no effect on his ability to access waypoint, and it would only take like 5 minutes to accomplish so it wouldn't affect the original owners studies.

Does no one in the company have a communication channel with the original owner? You guys didn't set up a discord or BAND for communication? No email address, etc? If you don't have a communication channel with the original owner, why not ask the little brother to pass along your contact info to the original owner.

"Please ask your brother to contact me at ____@email.com regarding the Spartan Company!"

Something like that may help out? Just spitballing here.

The leader of the company (ocin2121) has been inactive on Halo 5 since October 2016. We currently only have lieutenant (FORT SUMTER). He wants to promote a few of our other active company members (me (EchoGecko23), TROJANBLADE99, and MagesticMisty) so that we can go on a recruiting drive to fill up our ranks and rebuild our active membership base.

Like others have stated regardless of no xbox the general can still access waypoint via the internet. If you feel you are getting nowhere you could consider contacting the other users and starting up your own spartan company. This time run more efficiently.
We understand how easy it is to accomplish the task on waypoint. We can't can't seem to get the little brother to care enough to bother with it. And for whatever reason he won't talk to us over the mic so it makes it harder to talk him through the process. We do not have a way of communicating with the original owner. Yes, we do have discord set up. The original owner has pretty much gone dark on it. We've tried to relay to him through his little brother without success. We're still trying though. The kid hasn't blocked us, yet.

Like others have stated regardless of no xbox the general can still access waypoint via the internet. If you feel you are getting nowhere you could consider contacting the other users and starting up your own spartan company. This time run more efficiently.
I'm not quite certain how running more efficiently would prevent this problem from happening? Are you just posting something, anything regardless of its value to score forum points?

I'm not quite certain how running more efficiently would prevent this problem from happening? Are you just posting something, anything regardless of its value to score forum points?
No I'm not. How dare you. I'm trying to help. Lets say you broke away from this clan which clearly has no proper leader, to start your own group, contacting people from your current clan to join. You would run it more efficiently and it would be scheduled.
Regarding the other course of action you've suggested, am I correct that setting up a new Spartan company would required starting all over from scratch for the company commendations towards the Achilles unlocks. As per the company name, getting those achievements is the whole reason everyone joined the company in the first place. I'm not sure many would see starting all over as a worthwhile option and I could see it frustrating some to the point of quitting the game altogether. So, if this option were to be pursued, is there anyway we could start off in the new company where we left off with the existing one (I'm fairly certain the answer is probably no, but it's a pretty big deal we're talking about here so I'd like to be clear on the impact of the option.
Yes; starting a new company would mean starting over from the beginning on Achilles commendation progress. So it's a matter of what you consider more important: your current Achilles progress, or growing your company with recruitment. If your current progress takes priority, your options are limited to continuing to try and get in touch with the Co. leader's current account owner (aka lil bro) or the old leader (aka college boy) to try and get either of them to transfer leadership to a more active member (or get them to promote others to lieutenant like you originally said). If growing your company is more important, then starting a new one could be a viable option. There is no way to transfer commendation progress across companies, and no way to start a new company with existing progress.

If your issue is that you want to promote more lieutenants for a recruiting drive, then that suggests to me that any lieutenant can in fact accept new members. Which, if that's the case, maybe your current lieutenant Fort Sumter will just need to take the brunt of the work when it comes to accepting. You can still aid him by contacting potential members and maybe even utilize your discord to share applications so that more of you can read them. Then Fort Sumter will just have to click all the accept buttons. There are certainly ways of getting what you want without waiting on an absentee leader.

No I'm not. How dare you. I'm trying to help. Lets say you broke away from this clan which clearly has no proper leader, to start your own group, contacting people from your current clan to join. You would run it more efficiently and it would be scheduled.
How does efficiency and scheduling prevent a company leader from abandoning his company without ceding control first? Help comes in varying forms, but this ain't it.

How does efficiency and scheduling prevent a company leader from abandoning his company without ceding control first? Help comes in varying forms, but this ain't it.
You set up a clan with people willing to undertake the important roles first. If they can't do it then the clan will go into disarray. My clan leaders have gone silent for over a year now, they have stopped playing the game completely. It's important to have the right person for the right job. Regardless of a leader or not, if you keep playing you will eventually get the armour. My clan is nearly there.
Chimera30 wrote:
Yes; starting a new company would mean starting over from the beginning on Achilles commendation progress. So it's a matter of what you consider more important: your current Achilles progress, or growing your company with recruitment. If your current progress takes priority, your options are limited to continuing to try and get in touch with the Co. leader's current account owner (aka lil bro) or the old leader (aka college boy) to try and get either of them to transfer leadership to a more active member. If growing your company is more important, then starting a new one could be a viable option. There is no way to transfer commendation progress across companies, and no way to start a new company with existing progress.

If your issue is that you want to promote more lieutenants for a recruiting drive, then that suggests to me that any lieutenant can in fact accept new members. Which, if that's the case, maybe your current lieutenant Fort Sumter will just need to take the brunt of the work when it comes to accepting. You can still aid him by contacting potential members and maybe even utilize your discord to share applications so that more of you can read them. Then Fort Sumter will just have to click all the accept buttons. There are certainly ways of getting what you want without waiting on an absentee leader.
Thank you Chimera30. That very accurately describes what we are currently doing to manage the situation and clarifies our options. I really appreciate you weighing in on this. Game on!

There is no way to prevent company leaders from potentially just going dark while still holding command. That's really up to the integrity of the person in the leadership position. I'm sure Mastergamer015 was just providing his opinion about how you could attempt to progress quickly through commendations in a newly formed Spartan Co.
Chimera30 wrote:

There is no way to prevent company leaders from potentially just going dark while still holding command. That's really up to the integrity of the person in the leadership position.
Hey Chimera30, I think there's a reasonable justification for some kind of check & balance to be installed in the spartan company system (ie. inactivity timeout). Aside from integrity issues of the leader, there's plenty of life circumstances that could cause someone to go dark. With the number of people in these companies and the time/effort it takes to work towards some of the achievements, it can be sufficiently demotivating when a company collapses to the point some may quit the game and move on out of the sense of unfairness. I get that life's not fair and we just have to carry on. But it seems to me that we strive to make our gaming fair. I don't have much experience with forums, is building support from the community in a thread like this the best way to escalate the issue up to the developer for consideration?
Chimera30 wrote:

There is no way to prevent company leaders from potentially just going dark while still holding command. That's really up to the integrity of the person in the leadership position.
Hey Chimera30, I think there's a reasonable justification for some kind of check & balance to be installed in the spartan company system (ie. inactivity timeout). Aside from integrity issues of the leader, there's plenty of life circumstances that could cause someone to go dark. With the number of people in these companies and the time/effort it takes to work towards some of the achievements, it can be sufficiently demotivating when a company collapses to the point some may quit the game and move on out of the sense of unfairness. I get that life's not fair and we just have to carry on. But it seems to me that we strive to make our gaming fair. I don't have much experience with forums, is building support from the community in a thread like this the best way to escalate the issue up to the developer for consideration?
Not here, no. You could always tweet suggestions about how to better Spartan Co. system to ske7ch or Unyshek. You could also create a thread in the Spartan Companies subforum. Note that there is no guarantee that developers will respond in either case. If you choose to make a thread in the appropriate subforum, be sure you understand all the forum rules.