Forums / Support / Halo Waypoint Support

Waypoint freezes on mobile

OP hidden klmm

Anyone else click on links in Waypoint only for the loading bar to reach 16-20% and just stop? Or making a post and hitting submit while the button stays yellow with the loading circle perpetually spinning? The only way is to completely close the browser/tab and reopen the website.

This only happens to me on Waypoint so I don't think it is ISP related.
There are a few minor issues I encounter like not being able to highlight words (for deleting, copying, etc.) while typing properly and not being able to see those red squiggles underneath misspelled words. But, opening links and posting both work fine. Any chance you’re using a third-party browser? That could be causing a problem. This isn’t the case with every browser (I personally don’t use Safari anymore and Waypoint works well), but certain browsers don’t play well with Waypoint.
tuhin94 wrote:
There are a few minor issues I encounter like not being able to highlight words (for deleting, copying, etc.) while typing properly and not being able to see those red squiggles underneath misspelled words. But, opening links and posting both work fine. Any chance you’re using a third-party browser? That could be causing a problem. This isn’t the case with every browser (I personally don’t use Safari anymore and Waypoint works well), but certain browsers don’t play well with Waypoint.
It is Chrome so pretty standard...the morning I posted it I got like 4-5 freezes in 30 minutes but none today. I was just curious if it ever happened to anyone else but it seems like it is on my end.
tuhin94 wrote:
It is Chrome so pretty standard...the morning I posted it I got like 4-5 freezes in 30 minutes but none today. I was just curious if it ever happened to anyone else but it seems like it is on my end.
That is odd. Chrome works well. There were a few Xbox Live issues last week that affected Waypoint as well. I couldn’t log in a few times nor could I make any posts. So if Waypoint was only acting up the day you posted, then the problems were likely because of the Xbox Live issues.
Just to add to the mobile browser list, I use Opera Touch for Waypoint on mobile. I think it works pretty well.

It's the only thing I use that browser for, as I didn't like the bar on the bottom and top found in other browsers when talking on the forums. Also the logo looks like a Halo ring, which is fun for my use. Lol