Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

343 Industries (Read Desc.)

OP baconsam5283

Can 343 by default only make bad games?

Make Your Selection:

A user on this website said that 343’s default setting is making bad games and they can’t make good games. Do you agree?

My opinion: No. Each game has their faults, but I think every game in the Halo franchise is great in its own way. To just write off an entire company because you don’t like their games, is just misguided.

And let’s be honest, there are a lot of you out there who dislike 343 just because they aren’t BUNGiE.

But that’s none of my business. *Sips tea*
Absolutely this is not the case, and since 2016 I've believed that Infinite will be the best game in the Halo franchise.

I think that Bungie has spoiled a lot of the Halo fanbase by making the first three Halo games (Reach wasn't as good, but it was satisfactory at least). The OG campaigns and multiplayer were phenomenal to the point where Halo 4 and Halo 5 had little chance of pleasing them. For example, my first Halo game was Halo 4, and that game is fantastic in its own right. From there, I recruited several of my friends into the Halo franchise, and although they did not become as invested in the series as I did, they still really liked the game. Unfortunately, Halo 5 is also criminally underrated. While its campaign is certainly not on par with the rest of the Halos, I still enjoyed it for a variety of reasons. Also, the multiplayer is either my second or third favorite in the franchise (close competition with Halo 2).

Personally, I think that 343's games are much better than a lot of Halo fans make them out to be. Sure, they may be more problematic than Bungie's, but they are still solid entries. It's a shame that people haven't taken off their nostalgia glasses and at least appreciated 343's efforts.
Well, they haven't proved to us yet that they can nail the Halo formula. They keep trying to make it their own, but it's just an alienating process for a large portion of Halo fans. I'm not going to pre-order Infinite. I'm going to wait and see what the gameplay is like before I make a decision. I desperately want them to give me a reason to buy an xbox one and another Halo title, but if it's like any of their previous games I will sadly have to pass.
Since Halo 5's online multiplayer, customs, and Forge is, in my opinion, the best in the series I'd say no. And I've played them all throughout their primary life-cycles as my go-to FPS title.
I 100% think 343 can make a great Halo game. Halo 5 isn’t my favorite Halo game, but I don’t think it’s bad either. I’m just really looking forward to Infinite! And I think it will be an amazing game (or at least I hope it will be)!
They are fully capable of making a great Halo game. I personally though Halo 4's campaign was fantastic and Halo 5's forge and multiplayer were pretty well made (personally not a fan of Halo 5 MP but I can see why others love it).

They just need to get a proper footing and not cater to one side of the fandom. Then they'll make a truly fantastic Halo title.
343 showed me they have the potential, but they aren't using it. It seems that they are hinting that things will get better from now on, rhough
Whilst imo Halo 5 did leave a sour Taste with the Campaign, and a handful of thing in the multiplayer, but I did enjoy Halo 4 (Minus the cod like loadout) & I loved how they brought Halo 2 with MCC into the Xbox One

Like I reckon 343 has potential, so I hope Infinite will be a really good Halo game
*Sips tea*
Amen brother!
A wise man once said, "Opinion are like rear-ends. Everyone has one and they all stink."

Every franchise has their ups and downs. Every franchise is going to have haters. Every franchise is always going to have some fans that can't be pleased, no matter what is done. I won't lie, I'm not the biggest fan of the direction that multiplayer has gone in but I still play Halo 5 and support 343 Industries because I love Halo. I've been passionate about the series since day one and I understand that things change over time. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to support something. Stick with what you love, through thick and thin.
A wise man once said, "Opinion are like rear-ends. Everyone has one and they all stink."

Every franchise has their ups and downs. Every franchise is going to have haters. Every franchise is always going to have some fans that can't be pleased, no matter what is done. I won't lie, I'm not the biggest fan of the direction that multiplayer has gone in but I still play Halo 5 and support 343 Industries because I love Halo. I've been passionate about the series since day one and I understand that things change over time. Just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I'm not going to continue to support something. Stick with what you love, through thick and thin.
Couldn’t have said it better.
Allof their games are pretty good in my opinion.
I'll be honest and say I was on the hate train before Halo 4 came out. But looking back at it, Halo 4 is actually pretty good in terms of a standalone story and its place in developing Chief as a character. The tie-ins with the forerunner saga, if brief, were also a plus. And the game did something new like Halo 3 and Reach with the new armor abilities and loadouts. Campaign-wise I find its pretty good even today, with only the Elite melee being an annoying point.

Halo 5 had a bad story yes but the Multiplayer made up for that In My Opinion as I could play it enjoyably for many hours.

Halo CEA doesn't really count for anything since it used Reach's multiplayer engine and already had a superb story in place.

So 343 seems to have a hit and miss track record as they either make a good story and meh multiplayer or vice versa. With Infinite, if they take some extra time and make both aspects good, then we could see another Halo 3, if the great Huragok in space is so gracious......
Next poll should be, is 343 doing a better job than Bungie? I know I might of started a war here and I like Bungie because they brought what I grew up and love today but man I feel indifferent about them.
Next poll should be, is 343 doing a better job than Bungie? I know I might of started a war here and I like Bungie because they brought what I grew up and love today but man I feel indifferent about them.
That's not really a poll we want to be starting here, things like those never end well. There's no real good that come come out of pitting companies against each other
stckrboy wrote:
That's not really a poll we want to be starting here, things like those never end well. There's no real good that come come out of pitting companies against each other
You are right and im sorry I didn't mean to start anything like that.