Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

A halo stealth game

OP Magma750

A halo stealth game

Make Your Selection:

Its like a fusion of Sniper Warrior , H3 ODST and Metal gear
I vote no, because it's not worth 343's time. They can easily incorporate stealth into certain missions within their FPS games just like they did in some Bungie Halos. Remember "Truth and Reconciliation" and whatever that mission was in Halo: Reach? Put a couple of missions like that in Halo 6 and we'd be set.
Nah, I'd prefer a Flood horror game similar in style to the Mona Lisa.
Is it like Assassins Creed with the secret knives and knife throwing? Or like Tomb Raider with the jumping around and shooting people?
I think it would make for a very interesting style of play that I could really get into
Well, i think there could be stealth oriented but maybe not entirely stealth based spinoff. I just like variety of missions in Halo so in most cases i would prefer a Halo with different sort of sections/missions with varying amounts of stealth and action.

Also, stealth genre is a bit wide category for just one post. The amount of stealth would much depend on the type of stealth.

Is it like Assassins Creed with the secret knives and knife throwing? Or like Tomb Raider with the jumping around and shooting people?
Just imagine someone in Halo running around with knives, literally bringing knife to a gunfight.
Maybe it could work with an elite but it would likely mean a lack of variation for missions.
Well, i think there could be stealth oriented but maybe not entirely stealth based spinoff. I just like variety of missions in Halo so in most cases i would prefer a Halo with different sort of sections/missions with varying amounts of stealth and action.

Also, stealth genre is a bit wide category for just one post. The amount of stealth would much depend on the type of stealth.

Just imagine someone in Halo running around with knives, literally bringing knife to a gunfight.
Maybe it could work with an elite but it would likely mean a lack of variation for missions.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen the word “stealth” so many times in one comment lol.
i agree it’s definitely it’s own genre, and it would take some time to perfect especially in a Halo game
EvilKeny28 wrote:
I can't agree with you enough, playing as a vulnerable and weak marine, on a UNSC ship that's been infected by flood. Not a Spartan, a marine, I have to emphasize that, because we've played as the Chief against hordes of Flood solo, granted it wasn't entirely set up as a "horror". But a marine, who's completely human, confined to his strengths and weaknesses, no punching through the Flood, but having to run and gun, or just simply run. Finding other survivors, trying to send out a distress/ warning signal, and escape at the same time. The game would have to be carefully done though, to keep from mimicking or just straight up ripping off Dead Space.
I vote no, because it's not worth 343's time. They can easily incorporate stealth into certain missions within their FPS games just like they did in some Bungie Halos. Remember "Truth and Reconciliation" and whatever that mission was in Halo: Reach? Put a couple of missions like that in Halo 6 and we'd be set.
I agree, having a few missions like that would be fun but having it in that fashion as a Spartan would not really work. Maybe as a side story as a ONI operative but not as a Spartan.
NIC 020 wrote:
I agree, having a few missions like that would be fun but having it in that fashion as a Spartan would not really work. Maybe as a side story as a ONI operative but not as a Spartan.
Truth and Reconciliation was a great stealth mission; I don't really understand what you're talking about. Stealth missions would be really easy to pull off in Halo 6 if 343 invested in the idea.
NIC 020 wrote:
Truth and Reconciliation was a great stealth mission; I don't really understand what you're talking about. Stealth missions would be really easy to pull off in Halo 6 if 343 invested in the idea.
I think that they are good missions as an ONI operative but not as a Spartan and have an entire game based around that concept.
NIC 020 wrote:
NIC 020 wrote:
I think that they are good missions as an ONI operative but not as a Spartan and have an entire game based around that concept.
Oh, I think I get what you're saying. No, I don't what a full game based around stealth, but I think one or two stealth missions in Halo 6 would be really fun.
Jester712 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
I can't agree with you enough, playing as a vulnerable and weak marine, on a UNSC ship that's been infected by flood. Not a Spartan, a marine, I have to emphasize that, because we've played as the Chief against hordes of Flood solo, granted it wasn't entirely set up as a "horror". But a marine, who's completely human, confined to his strengths and weaknesses, no punching through the Flood, but having to run and gun, or just simply run. Finding other survivors, trying to send out a distress/ warning signal, and escape at the same time. The game would have to be carefully done though, to keep from mimicking or just straight up ripping off Dead Space.
But Dead Space 1 was so good. We haven't had a game like that in a long time. With all the new tech we have today a game like that would be amazing. I don't care if its ripping something off, just give me Flood Space :D.
As much as people crouch and camp corners I don't think a stealth game is really warranted.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Jester712 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
But Dead Space 1 was so good. We haven't had a game like that in a long time. With all the new tech we have today a game like that would be amazing. I don't care if its ripping something off, just give me Flood Space :D.
I loved Dead Space (First and 2nd), even did an achievement play through for the first. But I don't think new tech means better horror game, mechanics for sure, but graphics wise, not really. Older horror games were good because of their blocky movements and low visibility due to bad graphics. Not being able to see far ahead or clearly added an element of suspense, then the sluggish movements added to the rush of trying to escape a monster/ ghost/ zombie when they jumped out of nowhere. The scariest game I've ever played, that gave me nightmares for weeks as a kid, was Fatal Frame on the PS2
Jester712 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Jester712 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
I loved Dead Space (First and 2nd), even did an achievement play through for the first. But I don't think new tech means better horror game, mechanics for sure, but graphics wise, not really. Older horror games were good because of their blocky movements and low visibility due to bad graphics. Not being able to see far ahead or clearly added an element of suspense, then the sluggish movements added to the rush of trying to escape a monster/ ghost/ zombie when they jumped out of nowhere. The scariest game I've ever played, that gave me nightmares for weeks as a kid, was Fatal Frame on the PS2
My point about the new tech was that monsters/creatures can be a lot scarier as they become more detailed and real, visibility can easily be altered by lighting and other effects.
Halo meets Splinter Cell? Interesting idea but I don't think it'd be something that fans would enjoy. On the other side of things, if it was a game built around stealth and sniping, it could be interesting. The first thing that comes to mind is "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare" mission All Ghillied Up. That mission where you have to hid and sneak by all the Russians to find the target and kill him only to become exposed and fight in a firefight type ending while your rescue arrives.
Honestly, a short campaign game where you play as an ONI agent would be nice. I mean, it doesn't have to be perfect, just something nice for fans to enjoy while they wait. It could be set during the insurrectionists, and the agent could be tasked with infiltration, and other stuff.
>: 0
Halo Lost Tales
"Step into the of Junn or Commander Palmer on dearing stealth missions for ONI; behind enemy lines using advanced technology to find out the truth behind the Prophets of the Covenant, and finally find a way, to stop the dreaded flood."

Or... Something like that :P

-- S155