Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

A World Without Halo

OP xBALLER 4 LYFEx

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Where Would You Be Without Halo In Your Life?

Poll Ends

Make Your Selection:

Let's just say that Bungie never released Halo because of insufficient funds and the company folded (Which also means no Destiny). Where would you be right now? For me personally, I would still be gaming. I have been gaming since I was 5 starting with Mario Kart and Golden Eye. My friends who I usually played COD with introduced me to Halo so if it didn't exist I'd still be a COD fan. I only got the 360 to play with those friends mentioned previously (since I really liked PlayStation at the time) to play Halo. Without Halo I would have a hard time deciding to get a PS3 or 360. If Halo didn't exist I might have bought the PS4 instead of the Xbox One because at the time of release Xbox One was the only console you had to pay to play online. I can tell you right now that if Halo didn't exist today I would be with Nintendo because playing online is free. The thought of that scares me.
I would still be gaming when I got my Xbox halo was never heard of by me. When I first got my 360 Call Of Duty 3, Gears of war, Need for Speed carbon and Tom Clancy ghost recon advanced warfighter are the games I got to go with it. I had heard of Halo but never played it but about nine months after the purchase Halo 3 came out but was playing Forza motorsport 2 the summer before it was released. So needless to say yeah I would still be gaming and according to true achievements I have played 690 games so I think I would have found something to fill the void if halo never existed. I also went to get a PlayStation but the store I went to was sold out so I got an Xbox instead.
I'd still be gaming. I was a Nintendo only guy before the 360. First console was the N64 and then went onto Gamecube. The Wii wasn't a proper traditional console and while I loved playing Wii Sports on it, I needed something to play proper games on. I was deciding between PS3 and 360 but my cousins and friends eventually convinced me to go 360 because of Halo 3. Once I played that game I fell in love with the franchise and it is now my favourite franchise out there. Once I grew a little older and started making money I bought a PS3 for the exclusives (well worth it), then a Wii U (kinda worth it), and now I own an XB1, PS4, and Switch. I'm a huge gamer in general so even if Halo wasn't a thing, I probably would've gotten a PS3 first but then eventually get a 360 and so forth. I can tell you that if they stopped making Halo now there'd be a huge hole in my gamer heart. Did H5 have issues? Yep. Still the best arena MP game of this generation. Infinite has been my most anticipated game BY FAR ever since that E3 2018 trailer and I have every console. By the way, Sony does charge you to play online, they added it with the PS4. Last gen they used a system where you'd have to pay to play each individual game online, like "oh you want to play ____ online? Give us $20" and that was that. I think they only did that for some of their games though, I'm not sure. This gen they went to the monthly/yearly subscription system like Microsoft, I prefer it to be honest.
I would most definitely be playing Halo. Whilst I probably don’t know what games I would be playing the most, I’m grateful that Halo did happen. It’s been the franchise that’s provided me many years of enjoyment. I may not have played as many years as others, but I’d bet I’m as just as passionate about the franchise as long time veterans. I can’t wait to see what the future brings for this amazing franchise.
I would most definitely be still be gaming. NFS Most Wanted was the only other title I played then.
While Halo has been (for the most part) a great franchise, it's not the only thing I play & there have been many unforgetable games & series that either are still relevant or even died out, some which still have sort of cult following.

So I would be still playing various games, not just sure if there would have been such many good fps games or DOOM clones that I would have played, id like to to think that Halo has had an impact that has given some sort of direction in my gaming life.
Lets face it, Halo did not invent the FPS. It did make it better, but it didn't be the first online multiplayer FPS game or the first FPS game on console that was good. It did however was the first online FPS console that was good, and that is enough. Asking for a world without halo would be like asking for a world without Dawn of War or Assassins Creed. Both great games and did some innovations with the genre, but they were not genre creating.
I'd definitely still be playing. I enjoy playing COD and Gears, and there are dozens of other interesting franchises beyond Halo.
I would honestly still be gaming, I mean I would play on a different consoles like I would play spiderman PS4 and stuff like that cuz that's who I am.
I'd just be playing the Fallout games repeatedly. No big difference lol.
Still playing...been playing since the days of pinball and Asteroids, Pac Man, and Atari 2600. Yes, i’m old...also looking for an old timers clan for Halo fun.
Id probably be playing roblox tbh
I would still be gaming of course.
Id probably be playing roblox tbh
Wow, good thing Halo exists!
The only game I really play is Halo 5, but if Halo didn't exist I think I'd just substitute a different game. That being said, I'd certainly game less than I do now.
A world without Halo is a frightening thought. Halo is the reason Xbox became the powerhouse it is today. I'm not sure we would have seen another Xbox console if Halo had never been released. If that was the case, I'd still be playing Nintendo and would have likely grown up playing on a Playstation as well.
It’s funny you put the third selection in! At the time I was going through intense chemo and the only thing I could do to pass the time was playing Halo. I had to stay in high spirits and I honestly don’t know how things would’ve gone any other way.
UK1V wrote:
It’s funny you put the third selection in! At the time I was going through intense chemo and the only thing I could do to pass the time was playing Halo. I had to stay in high spirits and I honestly don’t know how things would’ve gone any other way.
I didn't mean for it to be funny. I was actually serious and I know that is hard to tell online. I have heard stories of people who would have died if not for a video game. For example let's say someone left to buy Halo 3 and they return to their house to find there was a gas explosion and they would of died if they had not left to buy the game. I'm glad Halo means so much to you.
UK1V wrote:
I didn't mean for it to be funny. I was actually serious and I know that is hard to tell online. I have heard stories of people who would have died if not for a video game. For example let's say someone left to buy Halo 3 and they return to their house to find there was a gas explosion and they would of died if they had not left to buy the game. I'm glad Halo means so much to you.
I understand, I had a moment with myself thinking it was funny. An honest irregular reaction but sometimes I react weirdly to confronting things. I used Halo as a means to escape the horrible things that where happening to me, that still happen to me. I’m lucky the universe is big enough to keep me constantly immersed in it with books, magazines etc.

And the friends, my amazing friends I’ve made.
I would still game, but It wouldn't have anywhere near the same impact on my life
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2