Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Add Fireteam Raven's game to the MCC?

OP RamboBambiBambo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Halo Fireteam Raven is a fun game to play..... or so I have been told. Truthfully, I myself have not played the game since it is an Arcade Cabinet game. The nearest one to where I live is ~55 miles from my home. Which means if I want to play it with my buddies, I have to convince all of us to get into a car; drive over to that one arcade that has it, and then play the game, and then we have to go BACK home on another ~55 mile drive.

All in all, what I am saying is that Halo Fireteam Raven should either come to the Xbox and PC as a standalone title OR as another DLC title for the MCC. Bonus points if we can play as Ethan Graves, Marcus Hudson, Victor Ramos, Ava Lang, and possibly even Maj. Antonio Silva in Halo 3 ODST Firefight.
(I mean, the armor assets for the main four characters are already in the H3 engine as of Season 6, so it shouldn't be too much more of an effort to make some slight edits and move those assets over to Halo 3 ODST.)

Thoughts anyone?
I'm not sure the game would be that fun on Xbox, since it was designed as an arcade game. But yeah, it is kinda annoying to play because you have to go find a cabinet.
I would love to see Halo Fireteam Raven being added in the Halo Master Chief Collection. That will be great. Hopefully we can see that in the next Halo Master Chief Collection updates.
Gonna go with no for a few reasons:
  1. It's not an FPS game so it doesn't function the same way as the other games in MCC
  2. It would require adding yet another game engine to an already bloated list of game engines
  3. It would require a ton of work for 343 to make an Xbox port for a game that wasn't designed to be played on Xbox
Do I want Fireteam Raven available on Xbox? Yes. Do I think it is worth the effort? No.
Gonna go with no for a few reasons:
  1. It's not an FPS game so it doesn't function the same way as the other games in MCC
  2. It would require adding yet another game engine to an already bloated list of game engines
  3. It would require a ton of work for 343 to make an Xbox port for a game that wasn't designed to be played on Xbox
Do I want Fireteam Raven available on Xbox? Yes. Do I think it is worth the effort? No.
Given the costs it requires for the average gamer to go out and even play Fireteam Raven, i think Microsoft and 343 are getting pennies of profit from the game itself. On-The-Rail shooters have been done before on consoles. FTR, if ported to the Xbox would net the company a heafty profit AND ensure that it is widely available for all players.
Plus, 343 doesn't have to be the ones to do the porting process. They could just pay the actual game devs a bonus to do it.
bro what is with you and making bad no options
Because I ask polls that I am obviously for, and to deny them just seems rather silly in my opinion. But for the sake of my belief in freedom of speech and choice, I still offer the option of "no".
The work needed to convert the game from arcade style to console aside, it'd be nice to see on a console. I don't want to have to drive somewhere, and wait for other people to finish playing. I think it'd be awesome if it made the transition to console. That way I can play it whenever I want, and not have to inconvenience anyone... it'd be nice to see on console sometime in the near future.
I voted no because I would rather it be a stand alone console edition title rather then an addition to the MCC.
Because I ask polls that I am obviously for, and to deny them just seems rather silly in my opinion. But for the sake of my belief in freedom of speech and choice, I still offer the option of "no".
At least put an "other" option
If denying your opinions is silly to you, why create a discussion about it? Why ask? Isn't welcoming others opinions kinda part of the point of making a poll? Could have just made a neutral "no" option.
You're kinda saying the reason you added "no" as an option at all is because you believe in freedom of speech..? but it's a yes/no question in the first place..? "Freedom of choice", but all choices are made to support your own opinion. Kinda excluding, don't you think?

I'd prefer a separate console version personally, I'd love to get to play it.
Even more preferable to me would be if they made another Halo collection, inspired by mcc but with the side games, Halo Wars, Halo wars 2, Spartan Strike, Spartan Assault and Fireteam Raven. Would probably never happen, I know.
Spam8358 wrote:
Even more preferable to me would be if they made another Halo collection, inspired by mcc but with the side games, Halo Wars, Halo wars 2, Spartan Strike, Spartan Assault and Fireteam Raven. Would probably never happen, I know.
I really like this idea. Especially as the spin offs start to show their age as well, I would love a good hub for all of the above. For now HW2 is still a bit too new (and well received) to be thrown into such a collection just yet, but in a few years time I don't see why not.
Spam8358 wrote:
I really like this idea. Especially as the spin offs start to show their age as well, I would love a good hub for all of the above. For now HW2 is still a bit too new (and well received) to be thrown into such a collection just yet, but in a few years time I don't see why not.
That's true, hw2 is still really expensive alone too, so they might not make profit on a collection for a while, I honestly don't see it happening, but one can dream. And if it does happen I've probably bought them all separately already, jokes on me...
I went ahead and voted yes, but I'm very very indifferent about it. Most of the time, I've completely forgotten that this game exists.
that's if you can get fireteam raven to work on the new engine,considering we don't know how infinite will play like
Yes only for the sole fact that it is during Halo CE and ODST Firefight needs more rewards and customizations
While I do want "more fun", I don't want Raven added to MCC, the control scheme and playstyle is way too different, I would rather it stay an arcade exclusive. Also, try making a normal "no" option without a preset term after it.
While I do want "more fun", I don't want Raven added to MCC, the control scheme and playstyle is way too different, I would rather it stay an arcade exclusive. Also, try making a normal "no" option without a preset term after it.
Entirely agree. If it is going to get a port it should be as a standalone rather than part of MCC.

Halo Fireteam Raven is a fun game to play..... or so I have been told. Truthfully, I myself have not played the game since it is an Arcade Cabinet game. The nearest one to where I live is ~55 miles from my home. Which means if I want to play it with my buddies, I have to convince all of us to get into a car; drive over to that one arcade that has it, and then play the game, and then we have to go BACK home on another ~55 mile drive.

All in all, what I am saying is that Halo Fireteam Raven should either come to the Xbox and PC as a standalone title OR as another DLC title for the MCC. Bonus points if we can play as Ethan Graves, Marcus Hudson, Victor Ramos, Ava Lang, and possibly even Maj. Antonio Silva in Halo 3 ODST Firefight.
(I mean, the armor assets for the main four characters are already in the H3 engine as of Season 6, so it shouldn't be too much more of an effort to make some slight edits and move those assets over to Halo 3 ODST.)

Thoughts anyone?
The major thing holding this back as a possibility will be contracts. The cabinet makers would never have committed to the project and license without a significant period of exclusivity for the game (minimum 5 years, possibly even 10).

In terms of seeing the characters in Firefight: that's a cool idea and hopefully it's something which is doable. That said... is it wanted enough by enough of the community to make the development work worthwhile? Unsure, but I'd love to see it myself.
I would love to have it on MCC. The closest one I have is a long way away and having it to play with friends on the MCC would be neat.
I would love to have it on MCC. The closest one I have is a long way away and having it to play with friends on the MCC would be neat.
As above, I highly doubt if a port ever happened it would be as part of MCC, but rather a standalone release
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2