Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

All of us remember the first time we played halo.

OP True Alibi

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Three friends were over playing Goldeneye, and the discussion turn to this new console XBOX. I decided to go to the store to price it out. Just happened to have enough to buy it. Got home, opened it up and for it came with a game I'd never herd of, Combat Evolved. Within the first few seconds, I was hooked. Stood in line at twelve o'clock for the next few Halo game that came out. Halo 5 was the first Halo game I pre ordered. Waiting patiently for H6!!
True Alibi wrote:
The first time I played Halo was like this: I saw my little brother messing around in Halo Reach's forge. Since I had nothing better to do, I picked up a controller and joined the game. Since I love to be creative and build stuff, I was instantly hooked. Eventually I acquired my own Xbox, forged to my heart's content, and months later I tried my hand at campaign and multiplayer.

As a side note, I'm happy 343 realized how important split-screen is. I think a lot of people first get into Halo because they can start playing it on the same screen with someone who already plays it. I know I did, and my girlfriend did too.
You say this, but you forget how halo 5 had no split screen
he means it in the fact that 343i has confirmed that there adding it back in Halo 6 or whatever the next Halo game is.
Ooh yay
Halo CE. I was in 6th grade and my friend had been telling me about it and somehow I managed to convince my dad to get it for me. He was hesitant due to the rating, but I convinced him I would just be shooting aliens so it wasn't so bad
I was 9, playing halo 3 for the first time, I kept calling master chief kangaroo man because of how high he jumps and how quickly he jumps XD
HALO 5... I wasn't even alive when CE came out! And didn't own an Xbox until 2015.
I was 9, playing halo 3 for the first time, I kept calling master chief kangaroo man because of how high he jumps and how quickly he jumps XD
Kangaroo Man?!?! That's hilarious!

There are some really cool stories here
I was 5 when I first played CE and loved halo ever since
Halo Wars, spring of 2014. It was good enough that in the summer I would purchase Halo Reach and play the sh*t out of that game.
My Mom wouldn't let me play shooting games as a kid, so when I went to my Dad's house, I ended up playing Halo 2 on my step brother's Xbox and we would do 1v1 because he didn't have Xbox live. It was great!
Well I started with halo 3 and I hated it but then I played reach and loved it then mcc came out and I played all halos and loved CE, 2, and sorta liked 4 I remember playing 4 player split screen with my brother's on reach man those were the times
I started with Halo 4. I never owned an Xbox so I remember occasionally playing it at my best friends house, but not much. Then I moved and one of my new friends invited me over and me, him, his younger brother, and sometimes just someone else would play on his Xbox. The only Halo game he would play was H4 (with company) and H5, he preferred advanced moment. We played Super Fiesta on Ragnorok, I always had a blast. I remember even though he played longer I figured out how to Banshee Bomb and Assassinate before him or his brother did! He showed me a variety of games but only two really stuck out to me, Halo and The Walking Dead. Once I moved from there I immediately used a good chunk of my money and bought an Xbox One. Strangely enough even though I started on H4 it's my least favorite.
Spoiler:
Show
Halo combat elvolved a los 8 o 9 años con un compañero que le gustaba yo no lo conocía y no me interesaba asta que lo juge y me encanto.... Y me sigue gustando demasiado...
Halo CE, November 2001. I was at a Funcoland in Phoenix. It was just a match on Bloodgulch and I remember thinking the plasma pistol was so cool because of the charge feature.
DoubleSama wrote:
I remember we would go over to my friend's house and play a weird FFA thing in forge in H3. Each person would build a base, then while still in forge we would try to conquer the other bases. Since it was still in forge, however, basically anything was fair game. Those are my earliest Halo memories.
Me and my friends did that too, except it was Halo Reach. Playing split-screens with your friend's on the couch is one of the experiences I think every gamer should have. It's just the best. But now split-screens is rare in console games (unless they are specifically co-op or known for co-op), and the console industry just can't compete with PC. Geez, I'm not even that old of a gamer, and I'm already talking like "remember split-screen? those were the good ol'days."
I just feel sad that split-screen is dying. LAN parties just don't give the same experience.
Limeshake wrote:
I started with Halo 4. I never owned an Xbox so I remember occasionally playing it at my best friends house, but not much. Then I moved and one of my new friends invited me over and me, him, his younger brother, and sometimes just someone else would play on his Xbox. The only Halo game he would play was H4 (with company) and H5, he preferred advanced moment. We played Super Fiesta on Ragnorok, I always had a blast. I remember even though he played longer I figured out how to Banshee Bomb and Assassinate before him or his brother did! He showed me a variety of games but only two really stuck out to me, Halo and The Walking Dead. Once I moved from there I immediately used a good chunk of my money and bought an Xbox One. Strangely enough even though I started on H4 it's my least favorite.
Spoiler:
Show
Yeah I started on halo 3 and hated it I still played it because you can't be picky when that's the only option lol
my first halo game was halo 2 and I played it 2 weeks before halo 3 came out so you can imagine all the halo I was playing at that time lol
I first played reach almost right after it came out at a friends house. I instantly fell in love. Halo became my favorite game franchise, and reach is my favorite to this day.
I love hearing all of your differing opinions. "Halo Reach is great" "Halo 3 is better" "But I hated Halo 3." While all of you have different opinions on this, you all have 1 thing in common, your love of Halo. whether it be as old 2001 with Halo CE or as new as 2017 with Halo Wars 2. Halo has played a large or even influential role in your lives. It has helped some of you through losses, drawn you closer to family members, and even helped you make new friends that will last a lifetime. I realize now that it isn't the game that makes Halo legendary, it's the community. because no matter how good or bad the newest Halo game is, this amazing community will always be there. and that's what makes it really special.
Halo CE. My dad came home from a deployment in Turkey with an NA Xbox he'd gotten for cheap. Said this Halo game was the new big craze. I spent the entire night watching him play as many campaign missions as he could get through.

After that, he always wanted to play 1v1 with me and I always wanted to play co-op, until I got good at the game, then he wanted to play co-op more lol. We kept playing Halo together for years. I have a fond memory of playing it at the Air Force base and absolutely annihilating everyone there and carrying our team on Valhalla. My dad said,"..and you weren't hiding either, you stood in the middle of the map like COME AT ME. The guys were going nuts after you left.".. and I was so proud of myself.

He stopped playing Halo sometime during Halo 4 because he said it didn't feel the same anymore. Now when I bring up Halo 6 he's like "they're still making Halo games?" Halo was something that brought my father and I together. He was always gone on deployment but when he was home we could always play Halo. He doesn't play anymore because he doesn't like it any longer, he especially hates Halo 5 with how many different buttons he has to constantly push just to play the game, and I've lost that thing that I could do with him. It really bites.

The feels man. The feels.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2