Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Are the For-runners Intelligent

OP ArcaneUnit

Are the For-runners Intellectuals?

Make Your Selection:

AS I understand, there is no Music, Videos, Records, dwellings, establishments or utilities in the Fore-runner installations.

Now this is awkward because, the installations supposedly don't even serve to protect the inhabitants when the ring is fired. Sure there are birds on them, (evolved from RNA/DNA bacteria that formed eggs perhaps)(and fish) OR the Covenant agenda to activate the ring was actually very well supposed.

When I stipulate about extensive, I mean grand. absolutely marvelous, But by primitive I mean ANALOG.

Sure, the ability to save/relay photos and measure Expression of nearby-by-standers and learn through ANALOG their language to convey recorded responses is "computer engineering". But it sure is not CGI, or animation. It can easily be simulated with nothing but analog.

~

Imagine being the prophet - an intelligent species with space travel technology - talking to a Machine that understood, when the Covenant themselves only use Analog tech. Communicating so well, that it in fact was able to sympathize with it's emotions better than it's own mother. The Oracles, likely taught the Covenant "english". (okay, obviously the language was a huge error*)

because a alarm was never deactivated, AND the flood threat remained very real.

~

see, what we are about to experience is a Zealot from an archaic age with a mad intention to convert all human life (which has variant DNA from the original Fore-runners) into monstrosities with no Intellectual capacity.
and the Fore-runners didn't even have tech to save the Ring's operators.

I think the Fore-runners were primitive, and the Covenant are a superior technological, Political and Fighting Force.
They just aren't as Conscious as humans are. their instincts inhibit them. the Fore-runners obviously had hierarchies that limited the Inspiration and Decisions involved in Politics. Like animals with an ACME gun.

I want to know what you feel about this scenario.

I see the Covenant as being a Formidable force, and the fore-runners being obsolete.
The Diadact is a diversion the Covenant can ill-afford to have been denied. a dead man's last breath.

anyone?
[ Humans lost the Pillar and the Spirit of Fire. they have no experience winning against the Covenant. Masterchief who had all the experience with the Fore-runner tech is now abducted by a quest to beat the Diadect.

Humanity has a gut wrenching quest to fight the covenant, and the Sangheili planet was in all odds a Colony. because no way in hell was Arbiter a Gracious guest among the Covenant, after the flood took the Citadel because of him. One alliance for another? ]

I rant, because I am impatient. You gotta know, we have standardized testing.

I vote:

Close Minded, oligarchies
I need an option for "Monkeys repeatedly hitting a nuclear warhead because they like the sound it makes".
I have no idea why but seeing you type "Forerunner" as "Fore-runner" made my skin crawl. Unless im wrong and your typing it the "correct" way. But still. haha
Yeah. I am pretty sure that is was an Oligarchy that inhibited the industrial, intellectual, technological and social progress of their "peoples", and just fed them lots while treated them like breading cattle for no real reason. [Only the King had the privilege to any amount of power at all, and only the engineers had any right to work.][and the queen had knowledge. there was nothing else. he defended "her" peoples, so she never behaved dissident to his war-mindedness.]

the Forerunners had no real social magnificence. It was Animalistic Dominance, with narrow minded technological development.

we are their better.

( I can see the High priestes stranding above all her naked wild subjects, preaching to them her benevolence. While her husband the War-minded Overlord had a caste of Engineers that mind-numbingly bumbled about building these monoliths for no real reason, other than to Increase the vaste Potency of the machine itself.

it's just easy to see everyone thought of like, cats {mindless/purposeless subjects.} )
I disagree completely. Forerunner technology was and is far more technologically advanced than even the Covenants. Considering one Forerunner ship powered the entirety of High Charity. Another example of their superior technology is the fact they managed to wipe out majority of the Precursors, (that’s not to say the Precursors aren’t infinitely more intelligent and powerful than the Forerunners, since they can change their own intelligence, anatomy, etc at will). They also defeated Ancient Humanity, and battled against the Flood for a long time, ultimately building an array of super weapons (Halo) while the Librarian indexed all life in the known universe to one day return.

The Forerunners also did have ways of surviving the rings. One way is being inside the Cryptum, the other is being inside the firing room.

The Covenant was built on lies, which was discovered after (Reclaimers) were first found on Harvest. At the same time Truth, Mercy, and Regret took power on High Charity over the Covenant, when they learnt the truth from their “Oracle”.

One last thing! Spirit of Fire wasn’t defeated by the Covenant OR the Banished to date.
Don't talk like High Charities power was still active. It was boosted. like turning over a 1840's automobile with a crank. XD
LOL

I thought they were ancient Humanity. or in other words, "Inferior humanity"..
ArcaneUnit wrote:
Don't talk like High Charities power was still active. It was boosted. like turning over a 1840's automobile with a crank. XD
LOL

They originally were meant to be ancient humanity, but were changed by Bungie later on to become a separate species.

I do agree with you that their caste system likely hampered their creativity, but they were still an objectively superior race from a technology standpoint. They built super weapons the size of planets, and then actually built planets that would shield them from those super weapons. Humanity seems more creative, at least in its current state, but has a long way to go before we are considered world builders. This is all laid out in the Technological Achievement Tiers. Forerunners were Tier 1, while humanity at the end of the Covenant War was at Tier 2.
ArcaneUnit wrote:
LOL

They originally were meant to be ancient humanity, but were changed by Bungie later on to become a separate species.

I do agree with you that their caste system likely hampered their creativity, but they were still an objectively superior race from a technology standpoint. They built super weapons the size of planets, and then actually built planets that would shield them from those super weapons. Humanity seems more creative, at least in its current state, but has a long way to go before we are considered world builders. This is all laid out in the Technological Achievement Tiers. Forerunners were Tier 1, while humanity at the end of the Covenant War was at Tier 2.
I meant to say, "Don't talk like High Charity's power was NOT still active" meaning to say, the Forerunner ship didn't power the old city.

However. I mean to press, not debate, that continuing to stack 2x2, 2x1 and 2x4 "square" lego blocks is not complicated, regardless of how many you have. if they had moderate Electro pulse Technology, BUT NOTHING ELSE, that is -Yoinking!- primitive at any volume/scale, over the full lifetime of a species until it's extinction (according to the vaste-number of planets ~X~ likeliness of life @ time period of examination formula... forget what that is called...).

primitive.
Covenant, PLASMA is a superior offense.
now that is a heated debate.<

extremist Electro Pulse Tech vs Extremist Plasma Tech, in offense. covenant have teleporters: so they even have electro pulse.
when both sides really only have those individual techs. But individually used to artificially create gravity (grav lifts) through different manners. Used to create their shield walls in addition*.

[ we have HD CGI, that sets the standard (having a video respond to queues is not CGi nor AI.); and computer programming. aside from the AI tech of the halo verse. Something not found in the forerunners' conformity to hive Build. ]