Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Arena Slayer BR's

OP XADIAZX

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7
Hotrod192 wrote:
BR starts were downright awful in the beta, and I would never want to see them be starting weapons in Halo 5. The Magnum is a good jack of all trades weapon as it is, while the BR is more dominant in medium-long range. If we had BR starts again, there would not be as much map movement, since people would just camp in their bases, like in the beta. Even in BTB, I think everything would flow better with Magnum starts.
ForgeHub has been pushing magnum starts in BTB for months now, Hopefully we see it finally come.
If they changed to pistol starts I would never touch BTB again. Maybe that's just me.
Let me guess, because if you loose your precious BR you'd end up on the bottom of the leaderboards and rage quit because you can't use anything else? Cry all you want, stop playing BTB all you want, but the maps were designed for the magnum. Not your oh so precious BR.
I don't really care how well I do. If the gun is fun to use, I'll use it and play the game. I think of Halo when I think of or see or hear BR. Doesn't have to be a BR though. It's just a blob of pixels at the end of the day. Let me use a 4sk Whispered Truth... That'd work for me
No its going to break the purpose of the magnum being there. Plus we have BTB
Hotrod192 wrote:
BR starts were downright awful in the beta, and I would never want to see them be starting weapons in Halo 5. The Magnum is a good jack of all trades weapon as it is, while the BR is more dominant in medium-long range. If we had BR starts again, there would not be as much map movement, since people would just camp in their bases, like in the beta. Even in BTB, I think everything would flow better with Magnum starts.
ForgeHub has been pushing magnum starts in BTB for months now, Hopefully we see it finally come.
If they changed to pistol starts I would never touch BTB again. Maybe that's just me.
Let me guess, because if you loose your precious BR you'd end up on the bottom of the leaderboards and rage quit because you can't use anything else? Cry all you want, stop playing BTB all you want, but the maps were designed for the magnum. Not your oh so precious BR.
I don't really care how well I do. If the gun is fun to use, I'll use it and play the game. I think of Halo when I think of or see or hear BR. Doesn't have to be a BR though. It's just a blob of pixels at the end of the day. Let me use a 4sk Whispered Truth... That'd work for me
Well every time I see someone disagree with the magnum in BTB, it's always the same response and there's no argument from the other side just "No, I don't like it." If you want to be taken seriously, you need to back up why you don't like. If you don't care that's fine. But some people will just say the same thing over and over again.
J Undead S wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
there should be atleast one playlist that is BR starts and no vehicles (swat doesnt count)..if you dont like it dont play it...i dont like breakout but im not gonna say it shouldnt exist for reason x y or z...you like AR/PISTOL starts? you have plenty of options..play those...it wont hurt you and it would make me and alot of other people happy....maybe add some variety to this increasingly boring game
But, the problem is that the population might be too low. And it'll be a pain for really high/low skilled players to find a game. I was only Onyx 2020 in breakout last season (champ 150) and now, even though it's social, I have troubles finding lobbies.

I only played 50 games to get there, while my friend played like 600 to get to champ 100 which was about Onyx 2100. I found that funny :D
well we will never know cuz 343 wont release any numbers cuz they will have to admit their version of halo is a failure
Yes pls, any new mode is welcome as long as the Overgrowth map stays out of it
The Halo 5 and Halo 2 BR are beyond ridiculously easy to use and aren't good for starting weapons. Hell it should be Magnum starts in BTB.

There needs to be a BR that is as "Hard" to use as the Magnum if people want it to be the Starting weapon, even for a playlist
massive exaggeration....the pistol is harder to finish a kill with yes but not the extent ur suggesting...the first four shots i would argue are actually easier due to rate of fire and consistancy
The Halo 5 and Halo 2 BR are beyond ridiculously easy to use and aren't good for starting weapons. Hell it should be Magnum starts in BTB.
There needs to be a BR that is as "Hard" to use as the Magnum if people want it to be the Starting weapon, even for a playlist
The BR was never "hard" to use, but it took skill. Also if BTB was on smaller maps, then Magnum starts would probably be a thing. BTB Duels XTRA on Halo 2 was so much fun back in the day. It was 8v8 on small maps like Beaver Creek and Ivory Tower.
That's the issue, h5 btb maps are relatively small, the people that forged them even said they were made for magnum-ar starts, 343 threw in BRs anyway making the btb maps play weird
The BS in this post is off the charts. The BTB maps are no any smaller than before. BTB has always used Medium and Large maps. BTB has always had BR starts. These things didn't change. If BTB was on Eden, Empire, Fathom, etc., then sure Magnum/AR starts would probably be the best thing for those maps. The maps play completely fine with BR starts in BTB. It would actually suck to play it with the magnum because the maps have such longer ranges than Arena, and because there would be 8 people fighting over a limited amount of long range weapons.
The halo 5 magnum is the most powerfull since the ce magnum, so yes, things changed. And you can't go against the people on forge hub that made the maps, they made them for magnum starts so they play best on magnum starts. the end.
Just because a map is "built for magnum starts", doesn't mean that you can't start with BRs. EVERY HALO MULTIPLAYER WAS BUILT FOR AR/SMG STARTS, BUT THEY HAD BR VARIANTS. (Bold and caps for importance) You argument is saying "never BR starts", while we are saying BR starts 30% of the time. You are literally being stubborn for the sake of arguing.
I'm being stubborn for the sake of good gameplay, your clearly blinded by BR nostalgia, 343 has said themselves in multiple updates that the h5 BR is just to easy to use and has to much range to be a balanced starting weapon.
Hotrod192 wrote:
BR starts were downright awful in the beta, and I would never want to see them be starting weapons in Halo 5. The Magnum is a good jack of all trades weapon as it is, while the BR is more dominant in medium-long range. If we had BR starts again, there would not be as much map movement, since people would just camp in their bases, like in the beta. Even in BTB, I think everything would flow better with Magnum starts.
ForgeHub has been pushing magnum starts in BTB for months now, Hopefully we see it finally come.
If they changed to pistol starts I would never touch BTB again. Maybe that's just me.
Let me guess, because if you loose your precious BR you'd end up on the bottom of the leaderboards and rage quit because you can't use anything else? Cry all you want, stop playing BTB all you want, but the maps were designed for the magnum. Not your oh so precious BR.
I don't really care how well I do. If the gun is fun to use, I'll use it and play the game. I think of Halo when I think of or see or hear BR. Doesn't have to be a BR though. It's just a blob of pixels at the end of the day. Let me use a 4sk Whispered Truth... That'd work for me
Well every time I see someone disagree with the magnum in BTB, it's always the same response and there's no argument from the other side just "No, I don't like it." If you want to be taken seriously, you need to back up why you don't like. If you don't care that's fine. But some people will just say the same thing over and over again.
well besides the fact thats pistols are boring as -Yoink- and BR starts would and do provide some variety in this very boring shooter...and that btb is meant to be fun which is a good reason to have an actual weapon instead of a glorified bb gun.....the engagements happen at similar ranges anyway...except with the BR you could actually finish them more often..which isnt bad cuz with -Yoink- like the thruster pack people already escape to safety with ease as is...its nice to be able to actually kill people before they fly around their corner to safety
As a proponent of the Magnum as the true utility weapon of the game, I will have to disagree and 'VETO BRs".
Warfuntime wrote:
The Halo 5 and Halo 2 BR are beyond ridiculously easy to use and aren't good for starting weapons. Hell it should be Magnum starts in BTB.

There needs to be a BR that is as "Hard" to use as the Magnum if people want it to be the Starting weapon, even for a playlist
massive exaggeration....the pistol is harder to finish a kill with yes but not the extent ur suggesting...the first four shots i would argue are actually easier due to rate of fire and consistancy
I think you've got an argument there. But only at the ...ahem, higher skill gap games. (puts on shades like a d)
A gamemode? Sure, but I would never want to see it completely changed to Br's.
Warfuntime wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
BR starts were downright awful in the beta, and I would never want to see them be starting weapons in Halo 5. The Magnum is a good jack of all trades weapon as it is, while the BR is more dominant in medium-long range. If we had BR starts again, there would not be as much map movement, since people would just camp in their bases, like in the beta. Even in BTB, I think everything would flow better with Magnum starts.
ForgeHub has been pushing magnum starts in BTB for months now, Hopefully we see it finally come.
If they changed to pistol starts I would never touch BTB again. Maybe that's just me.
Let me guess, because if you loose your precious BR you'd end up on the bottom of the leaderboards and rage quit because you can't use anything else? Cry all you want, stop playing BTB all you want, but the maps were designed for the magnum. Not your oh so precious BR.
I don't really care how well I do. If the gun is fun to use, I'll use it and play the game. I think of Halo when I think of or see or hear BR. Doesn't have to be a BR though. It's just a blob of pixels at the end of the day. Let me use a 4sk Whispered Truth... That'd work for me
Well every time I see someone disagree with the magnum in BTB, it's always the same response and there's no argument from the other side just "No, I don't like it." If you want to be taken seriously, you need to back up why you don't like. If you don't care that's fine. But some people will just say the same thing over and over again.
well besides the fact thats pistols are boring as -Yoink- and BR starts would and do provide some variety in this very boring shooter...and that btb is meant to be fun which is a good reason to have an actual weapon instead of a glorified bb gun.....the engagements happen at similar ranges anyway...except with the BR you could actually finish them more often..which isnt bad cuz with -Yoink- like the thruster pack people already escape to safety with ease as is...its nice to be able to actually kill people before they fly around their corner to safety
And to that I show you this wonderful video made by Forgehub covering the topic!

The magnum we have in Halo 5 is the best one since CE and is not in anyway a glorified BB gun. This isn't Fallout.
Warfuntime wrote:
Hotrod192 wrote:
BR starts were downright awful in the beta, and I would never want to see them be starting weapons in Halo 5. The Magnum is a good jack of all trades weapon as it is, while the BR is more dominant in medium-long range. If we had BR starts again, there would not be as much map movement, since people would just camp in their bases, like in the beta. Even in BTB, I think everything would flow better with Magnum starts.
ForgeHub has been pushing magnum starts in BTB for months now, Hopefully we see it finally come.
If they changed to pistol starts I would never touch BTB again. Maybe that's just me.
Let me guess, because if you loose your precious BR you'd end up on the bottom of the leaderboards and rage quit because you can't use anything else? Cry all you want, stop playing BTB all you want, but the maps were designed for the magnum. Not your oh so precious BR.
I don't really care how well I do. If the gun is fun to use, I'll use it and play the game. I think of Halo when I think of or see or hear BR. Doesn't have to be a BR though. It's just a blob of pixels at the end of the day. Let me use a 4sk Whispered Truth... That'd work for me
Well every time I see someone disagree with the magnum in BTB, it's always the same response and there's no argument from the other side just "No, I don't like it." If you want to be taken seriously, you need to back up why you don't like. If you don't care that's fine. But some people will just say the same thing over and over again.
well besides the fact thats pistols are boring as -Yoink- and BR starts would and do provide some variety in this very boring shooter...and that btb is meant to be fun which is a good reason to have an actual weapon instead of a glorified bb gun.....the engagements happen at similar ranges anyway...except with the BR you could actually finish them more often..which isnt bad cuz with -Yoink- like the thruster pack people already escape to safety with ease as is...its nice to be able to actually kill people before they fly around their corner to safety
And to that I show you this wonderful video made by Forgehub covering the topic!

The magnum we have in Halo 5 is the best one since CE and is not in anyway a glorified BB gun. This isn't Fallout.
that guy needs to talk faster...but i never said those things werent true...theres truth to what he said but it was massively exaggerated and never took halo 5's advanced extremely evasive movements into account....also...seriously? best utility weapon since CE? i think we have different ideas of what a utility weapon is....and the idea that people wouldnt use power weapons with br starts is another massive exaggeration....less likely? maybe a little...but if i see a dmr or an smg im gonna pick it up regardless...the pistol meets the bare minimum requirements for a utility weapon...so much so that even good plays are at a disadvantage using it with all the other weapons lying around...im sure that was intentional and if you like that great...but im at my last straw with this game...and im not even close to being the only one
It would be great that only moved from place and add DMRS
magnum is love, magnum is life
BR Slayer is life. I hate AR/pistol starts so much that I exclusively play Big Team and Assault.

The current Slayer model sucks. The match revolves around the power up and power weapons, which is chance, which is boring. It was the same way on H2 with the trash SMG starts in Slayer. Non-BR starts are always a dog pile while the 2 guys who make it to the BRs clean everyone up from a distance. It's so retarded.
I was never around in the old precision based days of Halo 2 - Reach. Playing Halo 5 is fun and all, but I'm plain tired of turning a corner and getting shredded by an AR or dying to an AR in midrange when I have a BR. The latter may be just me being bad, but still the autos are a tad too powerful. I would love BR/DMR starts getting added to the playlists.
You say the game lacks variety. Personally, I hated everyone voting for Slayer BRs/DMRs in previous games. There are BRs on like, almost every map (if not all). I'd rather it be a weapon to have to fight for because it is really powerful.
As an extra playlist it would be cool it don't has to mean pistol or br as the starter just an extra playlist
A team brs playlist would be nice
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. ...
  7. 7