Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Best Looking MJOLNIR Mark V (Please Read First)

OP MinusSquire2145

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
It's easy to get caught up in high quality textures, HD resolution, CGI lighting and effects, etc... Halo 4 and 5 both have very decent graphics. However, forget the technical efforts for the sake of this poll. Imagine each of these models have been made with the exact same technical restrictions. Picture them all with the same quality. Instead of the graphics, focus on their design; the subtle differences: Perhaps the colouring of the metal or the colouring of the visor, maybe some of the angles of the helmet, the bulkiness of the breastplate, the lines on the HUD, the overall silhouette, the extra details, even the positions of the shield-emitters (lights), etc. etc. Imagine an outline of each of these armours drawn side-by-side.

Please refer to these images before voting.
Halo
Halo 3
Halo: Reach (Standard Lighting)
Halo: Reach (Forge World lighting)
Halo: Anniversary
Halo 4
Halo 5: Guardians

Edit:
Quote:
Having done a bit of looking around, the best canonical explanation I'm happy with for all the armour changes was one presented by HaloCanon. He proposes that there wasn't simply a Mark IV, V, VI, VII and Gen 2 with multiple permutations as we've believed for so long, but rather that the armour has been constantly updated since the beginning. I believe that canonically we have something along the lines of this:

Mark IV
(We also know that iterations of the AA and Grenadier variants existed within the Mark IV range, as well as other likely variants such as the EVA.)

Mark V

Mark VI
  • Standard Mark VI - The armour given to the Master Chief on Cairo Station and worn throughout the battles of Earth, Delta Halo and the Ark
  • Mark VI Improved - An upgraded version of the standard Mark VI using nano-technology. Cortana used the Mark IV "First Known Upgrade" as inspiration (see above)
Mark VII
  • Little is known about the Mark VII except that Naomi wore a variant that looked almost identical to the Mark V
Gen 2
  • There are countless Gen 2 permutations. One of which looks identical to the Mark VI Improved and was worn by the Chief during the events of Halo 5.
I like the Halo 3 version the best. It is the right mixture of classic design with updated graphics
I didn't like Halo 4 too much but I did like the Mark V armor
The Halo 3 version is my favorite.
i like the halo ce mark V it felt gritty.
btw get a new picture for the mark V it makes it look disgusting
Halo CE. Its where everything started and it brings back alot of memories
Damn. I'm kind of disappointed by how few people like the Reach version. That's the most updated design Bungie left us with, and personally, I love it! The Anniversary version onwards have some odd design choices in my opinion. Compare them all side-by-side.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERFECT MARK V REACH BUILD use the tactical rp chestpiece. (the mark v in ce has pouches at the stomach) and use the grenadier knee pads. and ua bracer wristguard. the mark v helm (obviously) and fj para on each shoulder hmu about how it ends up looking
The Halo 3's version was my favorite. Most of the others I found very average.
Halo Ce is my preferred looking Mark V, it’s Nostslgic, it’s the Original, it’s just looks great

And a as a bonus, I have the Ce Master Chief figure made my McFarlane sittin on my Desk along with my White & Blue Mark VI fig (Nothing wrong with geeking out)
I like how practical the Reach (forge world) looks, that's got my vote.
-Cheers
I actually really like how Mark V armor looks in Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary!
My favorite would be the CE version followed by Halo 3. In Reach the Visor just looks to big and in 4 and 5 its looks weird.
I actually really like how Mark V armor looks in Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary!
Mm... That one looks far too clunky to me. Even though it's close in overall shape to the original, it has still managed to be way clunkier for some reason. It's only second in clunkiness to the Halo 5 Mark V Alpha.

I like the Halo 3 version the best. It is the right mixture of classic design with updated graphics
That's an interesting perception considering it's the second oldest Mark V design we have.
Mm... That one looks far too clunky to me. Even though it's close in overall shape to the original, it has still managed to be way clunkier for some reason. It's only second in clunkiness to the Halo 5 Mark V Alpha.

That's an interesting perception considering it's the second oldest Mark V design we have.
My dude! The bulkier armor is great! I don't know, everytime I look at the armor it just looks awesome!
CE is by far the best. Halo 5 version is missing the ammo belt and just doesn't look good
I liked the look of 4.
Halo CE version is may favorite, you just looked like a super soldier. Plus it was super shinny. CE anniversary is a close second.
The Classic, 'nough said.
Even though I like the Halo 3 helmet one, I dont think Halo Combat Evolved one has been topped yet in a way of aesthetics.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3