Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Best unlock/reward system?

OP The Real Drone

Which type of unlocking system do you prefer? What would you like to see in Halo: Infinite?
Halo Reach. You grind for what you want. I know it's the same thing for Halo 3 & 4, but you can just purchase them instead of going for hard achievements.
Which type of unlocking system do you prefer? What would you like to see in Halo: Infinite?
I feel like a mix could be nice, certain items unlock woth doing specific things in game or in waypoint, while armor is mostly to do with RecPoints, i do like the rack packs per win and daily log in, while also getting to use credits to buy recpacks, I always earned my packs and rarely bought them with real money, although giving that option for certain inside game loot is ok, I think earnings them through achievements(halo3) / credits(like in reach) is the best way to go, bc then you know pple wearing that armor had to do what you did to get it. It's an extra little bond between those who got it.

So 343 theres a good way to incorporate challenges, credits, and RecPacks into the gane, just be careful what you choose to put behind each wall. =]
Halo Reach all the way. Both the credits system and the daily challenges system
Definitely Reach. being able to see the potential rewards, choosing one, and then going for it is simple and enjoyable. You work towards your choice, rather than leaving it up to chance, and potentially grinding for way too long to only receive subpar unlocks.
Reach had it all.
I think that is clear.
Halo Reach. You grind for what you want. I know it's the same thing for Halo 3 & 4, but you can just purchase them instead of going for hard achievements.
Agreed. There were also a few things that made you stand out from everyone else like earning the Haunted Helmet when you reached Inheritor and the flaming helmet for those who pre-ordered the Legendary Edition.
I think a mix of H3 and Reach's systems could work well. You can grind for credits all you like, and then completing challenges would give you a boost of credits to go toward the progression system. But if I had to pick one from the above, I'd defer to Reach.
Halo Reach's credit system was the best
I’d like to see a hybrid unlock system, a mix of Halo 4’s commendation-based system and Reach’s credit-based system.
I would love a mix between Halo 3 and Halo Reach!
A mix of Halo 3 & Halo Reach I enjoyed, honestly crossing my fingers & hoping Infinite does it right
I think in an ideal unlock would be a mix of 3 and reach, where most armors like hazop and grenadier would be unlocked via credits and the most sought after armors like recon, mark 5 and 6 would be unlocked via challanges, and maybe throw in a special helmet or something for doing laso.
Another aspect of the game that peaked with Reach.