Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Blue Team in Infinite?

OP Kirsty4Blood

Do you want Blue Team in Infinite?

Make Your Selection:

I've been wondering if people want to see Blue Team in Infinite, and whether or not you think they'll be in it.
I would personally love to see more of Blue Team; they didn't get enough spotlight in Halo 5. But to me, it looks like the game is going back to its roots of having Chief be off by himself. I guess this could pave the way to an eventual Retribution sequel, with a Chief-less Blue Team again. What are your thoughts?
Had Blue Team and the squad based mechanics been done well in H5, we might be having a different discussion. But with how H5 handled them, I'd have to say no. Infinite could make strides toward improving the character portrayals, but H5's impact on the series is quite a shadow to get out of.

I was relieved to hear 343 say they were going to just focus on the Chief and make the story simple. The previous games with just the Chief (or the Chief and the Arbiter) were rather simple and timeless when you get right down to it. Even H4 was quite straight forward compared to H5, and over time people have grown to appreciate the story told in that game. H5 on the other hand was rather convoluted, and the screen time had to be split among over a dozen different characters.
Had Blue Team and the squad based mechanics been done well in H5, we might be having a different discussion. But with how H5 handled them, I'd have to say no. Infinite could make strides toward improving the character portrayals, but H5's impact on the series is quite a shadow to get out of.

I was relieved to hear 343 say they were going to just focus on the Chief and make the story simple. The previous games with just the Chief (or the Chief and the Arbiter) were rather simple and timeless when you get right down to it. Even H4 was quite straight forward compared to H5, and over time people have grown to appreciate the story told in that game. H5 on the other hand was rather convoluted, and the screen time had to be split among over a dozen different characters.
I guess I don't mean necessarily that they be playable, because I agree the team dynamic was distracting with so much to focus on. I was thinking more like I was hoping they'd be in a cutscene or maybe one level, but I get the feeling they'll just be mentioned in passing. I've come to really enjoy Blue Team in Troy Denning's novels and I still really wish they were the focus in 5, but such is life lol.

I guess I don't mean necessarily that they be playable, because I agree the team dynamic was distracting with so much to focus on. I was thinking more like I was hoping they'd be in a cutscene or maybe one level, but I get the feeling they'll just be mentioned in passing. I've come to really enjoy Blue Team in Troy Denning's novels and I still really wish they were the focus in 5, but such is life lol.
Oh okay, yeah I see what you mean. And I'd be okay with a mention or at least acknowledgment of them in the game. A cut scene would be fine. I just don't want another bloated cast of characters is all.
Yes! It would feel out of place when they bring them into Halo 5 then the next game they’re just gone.
Either way, I just want the game to be based on Chief and only play as Chief in the campaign.
Nope, let us just have it like it use to be