OP BigNorm4Life

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3

Should 343 revisit Classic Halo Music

Make Your Selection:

I don't know about some of you guys but the Original Halo Theme was more than just some intro.... it was the foundation of what Halo became today
I was very disturbed as a fan honestly because Halo Wars 2 didn't have the original theme... though to be fair neither did Halo Wars 1 but come one here... nothing in the world means war but the original theme

After all these years, Star Wars didn't abandoned its theme, neither did Star Trek and various other titles... why should Halo be the example?

It's no secret what went on with Marty O'Donnell, bungie, and Microsoft but Halo is bigger than all of that and not to discredit the new people who handles the music and themes but Halo isn't halo without him... 343 really should bring him or his music back into the mix

If Spend I gotta spend a few hundred dollars in reqs or blitz cards or even more to bring Him or his music to halo.. I'll do my part... I'll go as far as to start a gofundme

Fans can I get a Amen on this... of course if you disagree... you're nuts:(

Please discuss and don't let this poll die
I definitely miss Marty O'Donnell, the H1-Reach soundtracks all capture that feel of "Halo". Just hearing the music reminds me of the cutscenes and missions, but I don't get any of that with Halo 5. Sort of generic. I can't really remember much of H4s music either.

So, amen. Marty for Halo 6.
I definitely miss Marty O'Donnell, the H1-Reach soundtracks all capture that feel of "Halo". Just hearing the music reminds me of the cutscenes and missions, but I don't get any of that with Halo 5. Sort of generic. I can't really remember much of H4s music either.

I haven't played reach in so long... that was such a masterpiece as well

Agreed. I never get tired of hearing Ghosts and Glass. Lone Wolf was possibly the most memorable mission in the entire Halo series for me.

"Survive"
yes please
well, every Halo has gotten its own unique music but from Halo: Combat Evolved to Halo: Reach it had that Halo feeling to it that fitted to their respected games and those were something i could have listened for however long time. Im not sure whether the older style of music could fit to these newer installments but i think it could be better than the ones in H4 and H5g for in H4 when the didact was on his way to earth it seemed more like star wars than Halo and after firing up the H5g i thought that "is this even Halo anymore?".
it'd be awesome to hear the older music during warzone.
Well Halo Wars is it's own different game with it's own themes. And 343 has done little remixes of the old themes that are just as good in my opinion. And I do like the music now I think it is fine.
It depends. That original trilogy had a musical style that suited the events in the games. Depending on where 343 takes the plot, music derived from the original soundtrack may feel entirely out of place.
the classic music was perfect. though they can spice it up however they want basically every Halo game has, but it has to have that Halo feel all the different music have accomplished perfectly
343 should at least take inspiration from the classic Halo soundtracks. However, the soundtrack is only there to express feelings which means it is more important to have a soundtrack that do fit in.
"not to discredit the new people who handles the music...." I'm sure Kazuma won't take it personally, but you're giving some very short shrift to someone who stepped into some very large shoes and walked the mile, as they say.

"Star Wars didn't abandoned its theme, neither did Star Trek...." The only reason Star Wars hasn't moved on is because Lucas (and now Disney) have unlimited resources with which to shower John Williams. And that's great, but he's not gonna live forever - he's already kinda phoning 'em in - and when he's gone are you saying that Disney should just stop making Star Wars, or that they should just hire some hack musician to copy Williams' style and keep recycling the same music forever? And Star Trek, my friend, has abandoned its original television theme, and several of its movie & subsequent tv themes, on multiple occasions. Some of them it has revisited, as Giachinno is doing in a very small way now. But overall Star Trek has one of the most diverse bodies of music I can think of. Since Courage we've had reinventions from Goldsmith, Horner, McCarthy, Eidelman, and a whole lot more. Some have nodded to the original, some have nodded to one and other, some, like Goldsmith, have nodded to themselves, but overall I'd say that continuity is a very small part of what those musicians are trying to do and I'd say that the franchise is richer for it.

"343 really should bring him [Marty] or his music back into the mix...." Kazuma's (and Davidge's) score for Halo 4 paid appropriate homage to classic Halo, and Kazuma's Halo 5 score is practically littered with references to Marty's work. Give it a closer listen. You'll be surprised.
Halo 5 did do that. Just listen, especially to The Trials during The Breaking and its reassembled version in the opening cinematic for Blue Team. It is the classic Halo theme with Jinnouchi's own stylistic flair infused. As for Halo Wars 2, all I will say is that none of the spin-off games use the original score, so why expect Halo Wars 2 to do it?
lol 100% chose "HECK YES!HALO ISN'T HALO WITHOUT IT"
Amen. Halo 4 had some good songs like Arrival and 117, and Halo 5 likewise, but I really want the more classic stuff back.
UCO Rhino wrote:
It wouldn't be if I actually voted. But since there's no middle ground option, I'm refraining from casting my vote.
Amen. Halo 4 had some good songs like Arrival and 117, and Halo 5 likewise, but I really want the more classic stuff back.
I did like the Halo 4 soundtrack even when it was not classic. It felt very unique. The best would be a combination of new and old.
UCO Rhino wrote:
It wouldn't be if I actually voted. But since there's no middle ground option, I'm refraining from casting my vote.
I think that is mainly not that much planning ahead. I do also make that mistake with some of my polls. You cannot change a poll when it has been posted.

Agreed. I never get tired of hearing Ghosts and Glass. Lone Wolf was possibly the most memorable mission in the entire Halo series for me.

"Survive"
And survive he did for those who knew him. Yes bring back the original music. Bring back Marty. While the original songs live on in us, bring them back for those who haven't experienced that connection we have with them.
I do miss classic Halo music, but the new composers have done a wicked job and i enjoy the music even if it doesn't feel like Halo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3