2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2

Centered or lowered crosshair?

Make Your Selection:

you talking for all the weapons or specific weapons
you talking for all the weapons or specific weapons
All
Bungie implemented lowered cross hairs so that players would be able to see more of the sky box without having to look up. I didn’t even realize most Halo games did this until H5 when they centered it. I’m partial to lowered cross hairs, it was a stylistic choice that adds to the Halo atmosphere and as long as they have a setting to switch back and forth everyone is happy.
Lowered! So you notice what's above you when looking forward, and notice what's in front of you when you look down.

Centered is claustrophobic and there is no reason what so ever to cover half of my screen with floor/ground, I'll have a reasonable amount of ground pls, and some grass with that.
In Halo 5 I completely missed the sky-boxes. In CE it took me a few playthoughs before I saw the life-pods in the sky on the mission Halo, and Cortana literally says "more life-pods coming in", not that I would be guaranteed to see those with a lowered cross-hair or anything.
In Halo 2 when the In Amber Clad comes into High Charity is an example when lowered cross-hair makes a difference in campaign, ofc the extreme vibration in the controller helps too.
In Halo 3 when you approach the mac gun on The Storm, it shoots down a Longsword. I would never have seen this with centred cross-hair.

In mp centred cross-hair also limits the awareness around you, I don't wanna be dependant on turning the FOV up and make my image misshaped and ugly to play better. And imagine how much ground I would get with centred cross-hair plus high fov, I don't even wanna think of that, ground overload, I'm fainting.

There was a purpose with lowering it in Halo 2 and onward (it even got lower and lower in 3-reach-4. Other games even followed Halo's footsteps because it was revolutionising in a very small way.

The one only point I of having centred that I can think of is basically symmetry... Which has never been important to me.

Option is the best solution, let us choose our preference.
I like both lowered and centered crosshair. Lowered you can see more of the skybox than you can with centered.
I like both lowered and centered crosshair. Lowered you can see more of the skybox than you can with centered.
Absolutely. They definitely both have their place and giving players the option is the way forward. In campaign I definitely want lowered to take in more of the scenery, but MP both habe advantages/disadvantages and players should be able to choose which suits them best.

I'm fairly poor at using verticality in maps so lowered can help me there, whereas people who do make use of that may well prefer centred
I usually play with lower in the older games, mainly because I'm used to it. I don't really mind the centered crosshair in 5 to be honest.
Both are good .
I generally prefer a centered crosshair as I simply find that easier.
Centered Crosshair is better. I’ve noticed that I’m hitting more noscopes in the flight than normally
I prefer centered ones
I personally use Centered.
i honestly never realized lowered crosshair even existed, playing all the games growing up but after getting MCC on pc i much prefer centered. i love the idea and look of lowered but centered just feels better for me
Kinda defeats the purpose of calling it a First Person Shooter if you don't have a first person point of view. They'd have to call it mouth or neck view... having it centered would put it roughly where it needs to be if you were actually holding a weapon and shooting it.
Both are good .
Agreed
thats a thing
Centered all the way, lowered feels so weird to me, like I'm never looking where I'm actually trying to look, can't explain it lol I'm very happy Infinite will be centered.
im competitive so the centered one works better for me but i can go either way
centered
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2