Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[Locked] Chief is 47 years old. How old is too old?

OP SycoLand

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
L3ntPuma wrote:
Never, because Spartans never die.
Summed it up perfectly.
I dont think he looks a day over 45.
Archon 370 wrote:
I can't believe you didn't put the max age as 117.
Seconded, edit it!
lol it wont let me do that now since the poll has already begun
Along with cryo sleep, people should take into account that the Chief is living at a time that is a couple hundred years in the future. About 200 years ago, people in their 40's and 50's were considered as being in old age. Advancements in medicines, technology, and nutrition are gradually increasing the average human lifespan. Today, the average life expectancy is about 70-80 (depending on gender).

It's not unreasonable to believe that 200 years in the future people in their 50s and 60s could be just as active as people in their 40's are today. Compound that with a genetically modified supersoldier and you've got yourself someone who could probably be in their physical prime well into their 60s.

With that said, Chiefs body is more likely to be around age 30-35, with all of the time in cryo sleep (4 years of cryo on the FUD, plus the countless months/weeks of cryo during regular space travel).
Chief should still be in his prime at his 60's, he is super augmented after all. Unbreakable bones, one of the many things old people have problems with when it comes to staying fit.
Nuggetsx wrote:
Chief should still be in his prime at his 60's, he is super augmented after all. Unbreakable bones, one of the many things old people have problems with when it comes to staying fit.
ROFLMAO that's true unbreakable bones total upset major elderly complications such as osteoporosis.... whos to say he doesn't develop Alzheimer's though lol
Remember this question is about when he retires not when he dies so its whenever his body cannot perform or function as it has in the past.
You also have to remember his evolution was unlocked by the Librarian.
johnson was nearly 70, a heavy smoker, unagumented, no power armor and he was still kicking -Yoink-. Chiefs good until he's at least 80
johnson was nearly 70, a heavy smoker, unagumented, no power armor and he was still kicking -Yoink-. Chiefs good until he's at least 80
Johnson was part of the ORION project so technically he is a Spartan-I and he is immune to the flood as well interestingly enough.
The exact amount of time spent in cryo has never been stated, along with his exact amount of missions.
I've seen articles about people who are over 100 years old who go running, biking, boxing, etc.
If normal humans can do it, then a super genetically enhanced person can do it.
SycoLand wrote:
the next question is what would Chief do without a war to fight?..... can he even do anything else.... maybe he would rather die in the field than just stop all together?....
For the kids... Hello kitty adventure time tea party hosting master chief. You sit around and drink tea with kittens.
First, the Librarian turned 117 into a Supa Sayajin so normal human aging doesnt count.
Second, Buck was turned into a SIV when he was 45 so.... yeah. Apparently becoming a spartan reeeeeeally helps your body.
Well, this is 500 years in the future. Medical technology must be insane, so I guess 100+.
If Stallone can still make expendables movies at 62, I'm sure John can still kick some -Yoink- at 47.
It's hundreds of years into the future, people will live longer and be healthier at an older age naturally. Add on Chiefs augmentations and I don't see why he couldn't carry on until 120+
The armor probably takes off 20 years compared to regular clothes.
SycoLand wrote:
Johnson was part of the ORION project so technically he is a Spartan-I and he is immune to the flood as well interestingly enough.
Johnson is also the only confirmed case of flood immunity. Cortana calculated the odds of forming a cure from him as 1 in a billion.
One thing I think that both Bungie and 343 missed was that the average human lifespan should have improved in 500 years such that 40 was the new 20. 47 seems to be old, and 343 has told us outright via Del Rio that it's getting up there for sure, but I figured it wasn't so bad at the time.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5