2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
EchoLoco2 wrote:
I prefer the "new" Halos.
You like terrible stories and bad gameplay? Why...
Oi, people are allowed to have their own opinions, thats the point of this thread. There are some people who rather enjoyed Halo 4 and Halo 5, everyone is free to like what they want.
I only love reach a little more then 4&5
EchoLoco2 wrote:
We all have our opinions even if it’s not the popular one just let it slide
Halo 2 & 3 for sure!
Classic no doubt, but I didn't mind Halo 4. Halo 5 is where it took a turn for the worst in my opinion.
Im sticking with the bungie Halos but I want Halo Infinite to change my mind.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
Oi, people are allowed to have their own opinions, thats the point of this thread. There are some people who rather enjoyed Halo 4 and Halo 5, everyone is free to like what they want.
EchoLoco2 wrote:
We all have our opinions even if it’s not the popular one just let it slide
Agreed. Don't force your opinion/preference down someone else's throat or belittle them because you don't agree with their opinion.
Look, I won't deny that Halos 1 to 3 developed by Bungie were masterpieces and honestly really likeable Halo entries. But I also love the works of 343i, That said, my number 1 favorite game of all time is Halo 4. I love and respect Bungie's work but I love the works of 343i too.
Look, I won't deny that Halos 1 to 3 developed by Bungie were masterpieces and honestly really likeable Halo entries. But I also love the works of 343i, That said, my number 1 favorite game of all time is Halo 4. I love and respect Bungie's work but I love the works of 343i too.
That was beautifully written, and I couldn’t have said it better
Well said. From what I've seen, it usually comes down to what Halo game was the first true investment of a players time. Usually that game dictates what the player likes and doesn't like
I preferred it when Halo had its own style of gameplay, rather than it copy other gameplay styles like call of duty.
I like both. It's one big universe and franchise with room for all types of games and mechanics.
Honestly both,
it has to be new of course.

but can’t beat the classics just nice without all the abilities and armor ups etc but the weapon skins and animated logos are cool for me to earn, the level up system I do miss the emblems as higher levels that always show up in lobbies 👍
I'd pick classic any day because of the fact my bias is that I grew up playing Halo with my friends. My reasoning is definitely nested with multiplayer feel...

Some things earlier versions of Halo did better:
  1. Campaign/storyline - I'm a big master chief guy and didn't like the whole ONI/Agent Locke thing. Another thing I hated was the 4-person team with reviving integrated into the game.
  2. Core Spartan Armor - I love the customization available but the colors seem strange and the shading makes them feel awkward in the newer versions. Also, there are too many options that are simply replicated versions of the same helmet. I like the idea but they should be more distinguishable than the sister versions. For some reason, I hate to admit it but some of the spartan customization makes it feel like a power ranger and not a spartan. Also HATE the req system with a passion which brings me to my next point
  3. NO REQ SYSTEM - merit was emphasized over monetary incentives to just buy your way to cool stuff
  4. Online lobbies - Two parts to this... first is that I like being able to easy see the people/teams as the matchmaking is working. Its cool to browse thru others spartans and see their customization, but you have no option for that pre-game in 5. Second part: its good to have options, but there were too many options almost in the newest Halo 5. Warzone seems to almost cannibalize BTB, although I do like Warzone a lot, possibly more than BTB so this is up in the air.
Some things Halo 4 and 5 did better:
  1. Customization of Spartan: so many options, like weapon skins, armor, helmets, visors, etc though note I hate some of them that are too abstract power-ranger-like
  2. Sprinting ability and thruster ability
  3. No bubble shield or armor lock BS (or was armor lock in 4?)
  4. I hate the flood, good to not have to deal with that
  5. I loved the Spartan Ops in 4.... probably the best game component for someone who wants to play solo ever in any Halo. Bring that back as a side story or side game to the campaign in the next one but distinguish Spartan Ops from Fireteam (I like Fireteam online play but no storyline with it is different but fun in its own way.)
I think Halo 4 and Reach should be put into a seperate category from H5 and H1-H3, Halo 4 and Reach have a near identical gameplay style (EG: sprinting and armor abilities) and are diffirent from the others, perhaps like this: it goes classic halo (1 2 3), Streamlined Halo (Reach and 4), then Modern/Advanced movment Halo (5), even if Bungie made Reach the gameplay is almost the same as 4. Anyways, i can't pick cause i like both equally but ill vote classic Halo i guess, but if Reach and 4 were in their own category id pick them. Perfect blend o' both in those games in my opinion
Something that should have been added with this post is that each person should state which Halo game was their first Halo experience before answering the question. It'd help understand the reasoning behind these responses.
Something that should have been added with this post is that each person should state which Halo game was their first Halo experience before answering the question. It'd help understand the reasoning behind these responses.
It’s one of my older posts, maybe next time will be better
Read mine too
I think Halo 4 and Reach should be put into a seperate category from H5 and H1-H3, Halo 4 and Reach have a near identical gameplay style (EG: sprinting and armor abilities) and are diffirent from the others, perhaps like this: it goes classic halo (1 2 3), Streamlined Halo (Reach and 4), then Modern/Advanced movment Halo (5), even if Bungie made Reach the gameplay is almost the same as 4. Anyways, i can't pick cause i like both equally but ill vote classic Halo i guess, but if Reach and 4 were in their own category id pick them. Perfect blend o' both in those games in my opinion
Classic for eternity.
It's no big deal. I, personally, think it would explain why people pick what they pick. That's all
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5