Classic Halo, or New Halo?

OP GoldOwllover

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
(Hi gents, new to the forum this is my first post!) Always loved the original Halo games from Bungie. Played Combat Evolved when I was 5 years old and was hooked immediately! Huge fan, read the first four books even though I normally hate reading. I didn't like the direction recent Halo games have taken so kinda stopped playing anything except the originals but I love Halo and the last thing I want is for the game to die so I decided to make this account. Because even though I have had strong dislikes in the turns 343 has taken in Halo I realize that atleast 343 hasn't given up on Halo. So kudos to them for that and as long as they continue to make Halo games I will be here to spend my money on them and support them all the way! SEMPER FIDELIS!
Each game has somethinf i really really enjoy. Halo 2 and 3 are just my favorites by far. Played them the most easily. I liked Halo 2 for campaign and Halo 3 for MP. Halo 2’s BR feels much better to me though. Hit scan BR was the best.
Classic. I love playing both, but at the end of the day, when I’m bored, I’m just going to play Assault on the Control Room, maybe Cairo Station or The Ark.
I grew up playing the Classic and still do to this day, so therefore I'm going with the classic Halo games. Not only because of how simple the game mechanics were, but the memories that I will never get back.
There's no one size fits all imo. The original halo's were incredible, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't thoroughly enjoy the movement mechanics of Halo 5. Somewhere between the past and present is the ideal future for me.

But for the love of god, NO grenade indicators PLEASE!!! It was like having a UAV that did damage lmao. (For those who don't know what I'm referencing, in Halo 5, your grenade would give an audio effect signaling that it damaged a player, so you could use them to discern a players location very easily with maps as compact and symmetrical as Halo's.
it's not that I don't like 343's halos but between halo 4/5 vs the rest than i gotta go with Bungie.
Shyy Panda wrote:
it not that i don't lie 343's halos but between halo 4/5 vs the rest than i gotta go with bungie.
yeah i mean if i had to choose i would go with the classic style of the game but a blend between the two is where i think the sweet spot can be found for the game
I grew up on reach some of 3 but that was on a different account my second game was ODST then 4 (first was reach) in my opinion halo 4 was the last good halo game I don’t like 5
MCC ranks higher than Halo 5 on Xbox's Most Played Games.
Can we get another option for both?

I've played since 2001, and I think they all have their merits, aspects I swap the disk out for. Sure having it all on one disk would be great, but they have memories and moments attached to them that only that game could create.

My perfect Halo would combine Halo 3 with the sprint (shields can't recharge while running, negating disengagement in combat) and mounting. I want my spartans to perform like spartans, but want my halo 2/3 gameplay back.
Honestly, I don't consider Reach classic at all... I'm sure many people have already said the same thing though. I love Halo CE, and am okay with Halo 2. I thought Halo 3 was trash (still is...) and Reach too. That's not being constructive, but just the way I feel. I actually like Halo 4 and 5 quite a bit though not as much as CE and 2. If Halo 4 hadn't included promethean vision and jetpacks, and also started without the randomness, it would have been more successful than Halo 3 and I firmly believe that. Halo 5 is really good, but overly complicated. So, I prefer classic halo, if classic doesn't include Halo 3, and can tolerate the newer halos if they tone down the absurd abilities.
I suppose classic since that's where I played the most, but I'd be lying if I said I hated the newer stuff. Classic definitely does the humor bit much better than the newer games that's for sure.
Old school
Bungie's entries all the time, they changed so much in Halo 4 and 5 that ir barely feels like is a Halo game. Let's hope they revert many of the unnecessary changes in Halo Infinite
I do prefer the the classic halo's but I don't mind the newer halo games either.
I like both but at this current time there are far more games in classic than there are in the newer games so I’m going with classic. If there was a both option I would’ve selected that for sure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5