OP masterKC111

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3

Cortana's Possible Redemption in Halo 6

Make Your Selection:

Do you want to see Cortana who has seemingly turned against the human race get redeemed in Halo 6?
If so tell me how you think she came to turn against the human race and what Master Chief can and will do to save her.

I think she will be redeemed because simply when Master Chief makes a promise to Cortana He ALWAYS keeps it.
She will be redeemed because she is the true protagonist. She turned against humanity because of the revelation theory regarding artificial intelligence. She will be redeemed because she has always had a great programming of humanity, and Halsey can reinitiate her. Finishing this game without her redemption will be the biggest mistake in gaming history.
343 is the child of Microsoft.

Microsoft named their mobile voice command AI after the Halo character Cortana.

So, will Microsoft leave their AI in its current condition (I.e. on par with calling it "SkyNet")?
OR, will they redeem her and continue to share the character with the videogame franchise?

IMO, the Halo 5 storyline was likely a move to sever and usurp the Cortana name/character for Microsoft's marketing of voice commands. But I guess only time will tell.
Her bouncing back and forth between being good and evil just doesnt sound like a good strategy for Halo and its future. I think she should have not been brought back from the dead to begain with. But sense they did...and if the fans are right about 343 killing Master Chief in the future...then i think the way it should go is for Master Chief to die along side her. Maybe even sacrificing himself to destroy her to save the galaxy!
I personally dont even think this is the original cortana, i still think its a rampant copy that survived so I think she should die.
They already borough her back witch was awful, but its only gonna get worse if they try and redeem her
She will betray everyone. I don't know about the Halo ring in Halo 6 though. Mix of H2 and H3 everyone?
She will be redeemed because she is the true protagonist. She turned against humanity because of the revelation theory regarding artificial intelligence. She will be redeemed because she has always had a great programming of humanity, and Halsey can reinitiate her. Finishing this game without her redemption will be the biggest mistake in gaming history.
Kinda an exaggeration in my opinion, but she is an integral piece of the story
No, I want to see her die for real and stay dead. Cortana should not have returned in Halo 5, and she definitely shouldn't be redeemed. 343i already went back on their first major change of Cortana, they shouldn't back out of their second one, no matter how terrible it is.
She just straight up murdered millions of innocent beings, threatened to turn anybody who resist her into her personal army of Bionicles, attempted to kidnap and imprison Chief, very possibly may have been trying to kill Blue Team until she had to stow them in the Cryptum (which is possible to tamper with and kill any occupants inside) and has offered only the most vague and generic proclamations of giving everybody a better life.

How do you go back to normal from that? Chief offered her a chance to come back with him and she betrayed him. He even acknowledges she is dangerous and forging an imperialistic threat of death. No matter how you slice this, things aren't going to go back to her being the plucky, smart-alecky AI giving you information in your head.
It was a mistake to bring her back. It is clear they lack imagination. This franchise may be on its last campaigns.
I hope chief puts her down like a rabid dog
I hope chief puts her down like a rabid dog
As do I and I hope the chief gets put down or has his final MIA. Whatever it is Spartans do.
Nope! hahaha
Halo 6: John + Linda = <3

xD
now I'm not sure if this is even possible, I've only read a few of the books so lore wise I'm not up to par but is it possible that when the librarian took Cortana in halo 4 that she made a copy of her? Then the Cortana we see in halo 5 is a rampant piece that was split from the copy that the librarian made.
now I'm not sure if this is even possible, I've only read a few of the books so lore wise I'm not up to par but is it possible that when the librarian took Cortana in halo 4 that she made a copy of her? Then the Cortana we see in halo 5 is a rampant piece that was split from the copy that the librarian made.
Given we see the Librarian again in Halo: Escalation at the Absolute Record and she makes no mention of a Cortana copy, I don't think it is very likely. That's kinda the thing, Cortana coming back just comes out of nowhere with no build-up.
Given we see the Librarian again in Halo: Escalation at the Absolute Record and she makes no mention of a Cortana copy, I don't think it is very likely. That's kinda the thing, Cortana coming back just comes out of nowhere with no build-up.
ok that makes sense, I figured it was something in escalation that I missed since nobody has mentioned it before bit seeing u post in here I figured id ask, seeing as I read the forums alot just don't post often and you seem to know the lore quite well
ok that makes sense, I figured it was something in escalation that I missed since nobody has mentioned it before bit seeing u post in here I figured id ask, seeing as I read the forums alot just don't post often and you seem to know the lore quite well
Sure, no problem. I mean, it could be a long-running potential plot point that the Librarian has the "real" Cortana or a "good" Cortana hidden away for some reason, but if that is the case I think doing something to stop the "evil" Cortana has kinda passed since she now has giant--Yoink- Forerunner death machines.
Sure, no problem. I mean, it could be a long-running potential plot point that the Librarian has the "real" Cortana or a "good" Cortana hidden away for some reason, but if that is the case I think doing something to stop the "evil" Cortana has kinda passed since she now has giant--Yoink- Forerunner death machines.
yea thats definitely true, I'm just really curious where they're gonna go with all this, it realm seems like frank has a definitive idea of what's going on so hopefully it will live up to the expectations
yea thats definitely true, I'm just really curious where they're gonna go with all this, it realm seems like frank has a definitive idea of what's going on so hopefully it will live up to the expectations
Eh, I'm not sure Frankie does. He and Brian Reed both said Cortana was dead, though Frankie implied it by saying her fate was obvious at the end of Halo 4 and Halo 4 and later released material said she was killed, dead, you get the picture. Then we find out that isn't the case and when people wondered why Cortana was evil now he said obviously the "young fans" don't get subtlety and nuance. If it really isn't Cortana and just some evil fragment, I can't see why he'd get so defensive over it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3