Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Cortana's Possible Redemption in Halo 6

OP masterKC111

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think that Cortana behavior started way before her degeneration, when she was a captive for the flood organism. That ancient adaptive plague may have started to contaminate her and insert doubts within her and the way she see things. The way she was recompiled may have be incomplete or corrupted by Diedect / forerunner's systems that were set to target human race. A way to save her could be a personal confrontation with John. Both of them share a bound since the Librarian evolved John AND Cortana.

Say in their fight John manage to link with her once again, but allow her to see everything from his point of view, his memories and her oath to protect humanity from ANY HARM, and that she is harming humanity like Harsley harmed John, and above all else she see the love John has for her and her actions are harming John. So to stop this she could divide her self again and set her good side to stay with John while the rest of her retreat and start to work from behind the enemy lines in sabotaging the enemy from within.

Another solution could be a self sacrificing act of her, while living behind a new AI created after her and John's thought patterns, or even an hybrid of her and John like the Prometheans. So in a way she redeem her self while a part of her would be forever besides John
Having Cortana be redeemed would be nice, still might be controversial in the Halo community but it would be a nice thing to see.
I would really like to see some kind of redemption arc for Cortana in Halo Infinite, I just don't see how 343i could make Cortana good again, it seems they've really written themselves into a corner with this one.
so im late to the party but i wanted to chime in and remind those that say she needs to be put down whatever. Cortana at her core is an AI so if ANY character in ANY universe can mary sue their way back to the light side it would be her.
I hope that they do redeem her, I think they butchered her in 5 but I hope they can fix that in Infinite but I won't keep my hopes up too high.
i can see it happening some sort of way, wouldn't make sense for them to kill off a fan favorite
I hope that they do redeem her, I think they butchered her in 5 but I hope they can fix that in Infinite but I won't keep my hopes up too high.
based off some audio clips we have seen we might just see a second less corrupted version of her appear. plus id like to remind everyone of the happy happy fact that installation 07 is flood central :D
I would say that she is getting one. Cortana is a staple of Halo, so killing her off as merely another antagonist might anger lots of fans.
I think she's too far gone.
No, she needs to die off permanently.
Please. 343, just kill her already. I’m kidding. Her death in Halo 4 was fine. But her resurrection in
Halo 5 was not fine.
when Master Chief makes a promise to Cortana He ALWAYS keeps it.
Wow, amen dude
Yes, because i miss her.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3