Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

Covenant based Halo Game?

OP Exodus Scalpel

Would you like an independent Covenant Halo Title?

Make Your Selection:

A Halo Game which is mainly focused on the Covenants view during the Halo timeline... a game which could could change our view on the "bad guys" kinda like Rouge did in the Assassins Creed series.
I would definitely give it a go simply because there is so much to tell so much to explain about the Covenant which could lead to awesome game titles.
Of course many things are already answered outside of the game via books or comics or are included information in the game but it's a totally diffrent thing if we get to play how many things happened.
A game about how the Covenant came together or what happened between Halo 3 and Halo 4 or many other things that could be told through games.
It could also take pressure of 343 simply because they could release Halo Covenant games between the main Halo series with the Master Chief which gives them more time to perfect them which benefits all of us.

What to you think?
Would that go too far?
Or would that be an good addition to the game series like Reach or ODST?
Hell yes
I think it's a great idea.
I would like to see this. Viewing the Elites side of the story amongst all the prophets lies will be very interesting to see.
I would love to see a Covenant focused game. I had an idea a while back stemming from the rumblings about RPG elements in Halo. While I'm not in favor of the mainline Halo games going from an FPS focus to an RPG focus, I am definitely in favor of an RPG spin off game. And I think a story about the formation of the Covenant could work really well in an RPG setting. You could pick from just about any of the species in the Covenant and explore their cultures and how they became a client species. Like the Elites could take on a more combative game play while being a Prophet focuses more on political maneuvering and manipulation.
It would be nice to see a Covenant game (other than Halo 2) but the current AAA Game market doesn't reward exploration, it rewards recurrent customer spending.

Maybe a covenant DLC campaign in Halo infinite is the best we could hope for.
I would love to see a Covenant focused game. I had an idea a while back stemming from the rumblings about RPG elements in Halo. While I'm not in favor of the mainline Halo games going from an FPS focus to an RPG focus, I am definitely in favor of an RPG spin off game. And I think a story about the formation of the Covenant could work really well in an RPG setting. You could pick from just about any of the species in the Covenant and explore their cultures and how they became a client species. Like the Elites could take on a more combative game play while being a Prophet focuses more on political maneuvering and manipulation.
That would be awesome
More Halo content? More Halo games? As long as it lives up to the expectation, 343 can shut up and take my money!
That would be awesome
This is a cracking idea!
Flip the game on it's head entirely turning it around from straight action-packed to adventure-filled by playing first person in the role of Yabda the Merciless. I'm not even kidding, just imagine... 😆
Either that or a game mode similar to beast mode in gears of war three. Beast mode was when you could spawn as certain enemies and try to take out survivors.