Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
While I don't necessarily enjoy the options given to me, I do like how Halo 5's customization is set up and what you can change with it. I just wish they gave more options, and better options at that. The color choices are weak... and while the armor/helmet options are vast, I prefer quality over quantity.
I like choosing my own colors, but I have no problem with 343’s Armor Coating
It's honestly too early to tell for me. I picked having the freedom to choose because I like freedom, but I'll have to see this new "coating" system in action before deciding if I'm not a fan.
Customization all day !
It's a weird situation. We're getting more customization but at the same time getting less lol
No question, I want to have actual customization options.
It's a weird situation. We're getting more customization but at the same time getting less lol
I'm relieved I'm not the only one who is confused. Maybe it's because I haven't been in the loop on this current controversy, but I'm not entirely sure what's going on. Are we able to pick colors for our Spartan armors or not? Or is it that all colors except a few default ones are locked behind a pay wall? Forgive me for not being as plugged in as I probably should be on this issue.
I'm relieved I'm not the only one who is confused. Maybe it's because I haven't been in the loop on this current controversy, but I'm not entirely sure what's going on. Are we able to pick colors for our Spartan armors or not? Or is it that all colors except a few default ones are locked behind a pay wall? Forgive me for not being as plugged in as I probably should be on this issue.
Have you given this a read yet? It vaguely explains how this coating system will work. It sounds like they're basically opting for a more in depth Destiny shader system instead of the primary and secondary colour system we've had so far. Instead of being able to choose what colour you want your primary and secondary to be, you'd have to choose from a "coating". A coating is a set combo of colours, patterns, and materials. Essentially it sounds like a better way to monetize colours. Beyond this we don't know anything like will we be able to mix coatings? Will there be a decent amount of default coatings? Can we unlock them in game? Or will they all be mtx?
Have you given this a read yet? It vaguely explains how this coating system will work. It sounds like they're basically opting for a more in depth Destiny shader system instead of the primary and secondary colour system we've had so far. Instead of being able to choose what colour you want your primary and secondary to be, you'd have to choose from a "coating". A coating is a set combo of colours, patterns, and materials. Essentially it sounds like a better way to monetize colours. Beyond this we don't know anything like will we be able to mix coatings? Will there be a decent amount of default coatings? Can we unlock them in game? Or will they all be mtx?
Ah okay I've read the blurb you linked and I'm still not 100% clear on how this works.. not surprising as many of 343's decisions have been difficult to decipher before they were fully implemented. But as far as I can tell it sounds like we had a system of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" and 343 decided to fix it... I'll reserve judgment until I see it myself, but for now it seems like a whole lotta extra work for not much gain.
i would like for us to have the choice of colours like the other games and not having a preset colour scheme like destiny
As long as they give us "standard coatings" without having to pay cash.
The one they marketed looks kinda goofy.
agreed. we should not pay for skins pretty much
I hope that all these coating are an option and we have the freedom of our own colors.
All of the ones advertised look a little too flamboyant.
actual customization >
it will be a shame if they go through with this and not give us actual customization
They may take our lives, but they will never take, OUR FREEDOM!
This just feels like they got caught with REQ packs being a nuisance and last minute added something to monetize...
As long as the "colors of the rainbow" solids are all included day one, I won't complain but this is just...tone deaf at best.

I miss when Halo were the trend setters and not the ones following them.
I’ll have to try it out first to be honest
Coatings seem so vulnerable to micro-transactions. I certainly hope more “basic” color schemes are accessible outside an in-game marketplace. Personally, I enjoyed the color choice. Starting out, I knew my armor would be crap. However, one thing I could count on was the color system. The colors were mine and I enjoyed that level of a ’personal touch.’
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2