Forums / Community / Poll Discussions

[Locked] Did Noble 6 Survive?

OP Skullclash

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Where's the option for "hopefully"
Noble Six surviving kinda ruins the sacrifice theme of Reach, so I’m glad that he died. Not because I dislike the character; he is one of my favourite characters in the series, but because they gave him a great and honorable death. I mean imagine he did survive that encounter and then hid in a UNSC base but starved to death. That would be pretty trash for a character so praised for being a badass, not a coward
I want to lean towards what you’re saying but my gut is saying that he died. Especially with the cutscene in the very end showing your specific helmet that you chose
Your "sources" are just wiki pages on the character that both say he died. And the videos you linked are just opinion pieces with only conjecture and no supporting evidence.
Yeah, he dead.
To all the people who argue Noble 6 survived Reach:

JUST LET THIS POOR SOUL DIE! He was stabbed with an energy dagger after being dog pilled by like 4 Elites. He is on a planet where there are probably less than 100 survivors. And probably none on the continent. Reach IS SWARMING WITH COVENANT BY THIS POINT. THERE WAS NO ESCAPE! That was kinda the point of the solomn piano at the beginning cutscene of Lone Wolf to give the feeling of utter defeat and loss, but only after giving it your absolute all. Noble 6 stood there staring at the Covenant incoming and making peace with himself.

HE. IS. DEAD. LEAVE HIM BE!!!!!
Spartans never die✊🏻
Spartans never die✊🏻
alright, I'm sold. that is some concrete evidence right there.
He long gone M8
Nope. 343i and Bungie have confirmed that Noble Six did die, even though we didn't see it.
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
I wish he did...but no he's dead, yeah that foundation is gone.
I just have to ask... was that an intentional reference to Thor: Ragnarok?
Nope. 343i and Bungie have confirmed that Noble Six did die, even though we didn't see it.
xXMrSpecXx wrote:
I wish he did...but no he's dead, yeah that foundation is gone.
I just have to ask... was that an intentional reference to Thor: Ragnarok?
Yes!
I mean, I'm pretty sure he's dead. We all witnessed him die
he's dead, died a hero
I feel like the Covenant recognise the threat and would have made sure that he did die; he was vulnerable - Even Noble-Six couldn't survive the endless waves of covenant. Even if he was only injured, the whole place got glassed afterwards. Halo: Reach is about sacrifice, so I think he did actually die - to be honest it would be annoying if he did survive, as Halo: Reach was a great example of a story where the bad guys win (sort of, depends how you see it).
Incredibly well put, i agree that if he actually DID survive it would just negatively impact the story.
I would indeed, I don't think people realise that it is good for the story that 6 dies - sacrifice and death must happen on both (or all) sides for it to be a compelling tale.
Here's a video I watched long ago. I think this might change some of your minds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Od3nENSxI8
I will be honest and say that I belive that there is a strong chance that Six could have lived. I have read lore for this game and found out that Noble Six was stabbed with a energy blade (a smaller version of energy sword.) Even though this weapon is never used I found out that there are many types of covenant infantry that uses Energy knives, and if he did live without his helmet there is a high chance of a UNSC base around. This base would allow him to use COMMS to contact soldiers on the Pillar Of Autummn so he could be rescued.
I think he is gone.
I will be honest and say that I belive that there is a strong chance that Six could have lived.
He has been confirmed dead by both Bungie and 343 I'm afraid
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2