3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6
Wow. If it were up to this community 343 would be bankrupt! Lol
i wanted firefight, but other than that, its all good
343 has a chance to redeem themselves with Halo 5.In my book they are the worst game company I have ever seen for taking on this feat and ruining classic Halo with the MCC.For any 343 supporters, you are the reason this community is dying. This community's problem is not even the game developer anymore...It's the -Yoinking!- people who say 343 is doing a good job. I believe that Halo 5 is a fun game and the community should support THE GAME if they want to see more Halo games made in the future. I am happy 343 put out some compensation, although it is pretty mediocre due to the fact all it is ,is a game I already played, some nameplates,1 month(out of 8months) of gold,etc.When 343 or any devs do a good job and you like what they have done, then you can say that they actually did a good job. Stop being a bunch of sheep though saying from the start of MCC that 343 is a good company, because we all know they are not at this time. I'm not trying to say the entire community is stupid, but a lot of 12 year olds are ok with game devs doing whatever they want. If you enjoy Halo 5,play it.If you hate Halo 5,don't play it and shut up btw.Thank you 343 for after like 8 months giving me a game...can't wait for E3! #RememberReach
What people deserve is a working game that is truly "just like the originals" and not with anti-aim, different sounds, different physics and improper weapon placements, different magnetism and aim assist values, and so on.

They shouldn't be handing out "compensation", they should be fixing the games.
Wow, just wow... Why do forums have to be so toxic? Yeah, I'm bummed that there's no Firefight and that the listed value of the "sorry" content is pretty low... but that's no reason to burn the developers at the stake. 343i isn't a bunch of demons, but I think management pushed out a game that was a great idea that needed more time in the oven. This business is getting horrible at releasing games way too early.
Give people an inch they expect a mile...

Yes, it is enough. It is more than enough. 343i has all but bent over backwards to please a disgruntled fan base. If you bought the MCC after the "Free ODST" cutoff date, then you knew what you were getting into.
Don't give them too much credit. They've even recently said their development of Halo 3: ODST was more procedural than Halo: The Master Chief Collection as a whole, because the majority of the groundwork had been laid in porting Halo 3. The primary problems they faced in developing it, in fact, were its integration into an already-existing system, as they didn't build any "hooks" into the infrastructure prior to its development. But I assure you, I just heard an interview with Ayoub where even he says that developing Halo 3: ODST for this was not much of a problem for them.

Also, simply describing the fans as "disgruntled" undersells the issue. It's not as though Halo: The Master Chief Collection just wasn't well-received. All of the content is stellar. The issue is that it was sold to us broken. Yes, people were mad about that.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
What people deserve is a working game that is truly "just like the originals" and not with anti-aim, different sounds, different physics and improper weapon placements, different magnetism and aim assist values, and so on.

They shouldn't be handing out "compensation", they should be fixing the games.
I disagree at this point. That mantra appealed to me up to November 2014, but we've been living with these games for almost seven months now. At this point, the developers should be seriously considering optimizing each game for modern play over Xbox LIVE - not based on the preferences players had in the original releases. I will agree that things which are objectively broken should be fixed before they add more content - I simply think that things like weapon placement, sounds, magnetism, aim assist, etc are all fluid values which should be optimized for the audience currently playing these games, not the ones who played them in the past. These are, after all, things that Bungie messed with often in the original releases - changing SMG spawns to Battle Rifle spawns, adjusting power up and weapon placement on different map variants like Pit Stop, Epilogue, etc.
they can not make up for a broken MCC, it's that simple. ODST is really nice though
I do but hey if you guys want more I'm fully supportive. I love me some more free stuff.
They need to fix the hoppers into a system that lets you pick games and gametypes like Battlefield that way people can find the games they want, while also allowing for the current quickmatch playlists they already have. This should've been a day one thing its pretty much a requirement for most pc shooters CoD's really the only other big shooter that doesn't do this also.

ODST firefight should be included as it was probably half the reason I would ever play ODST the other half of course being an amazing story mode that was great coop fun.

Fix remaining stability issues.

That's it for my compensation.

If they want to continue to add on paid dlc Im fine with that too whether it be Reach or Wars or just more maps remade in Halo 2 or even other Halo maps put in the H2A engine. H2A needs more maps otherwise its too repetitive for those people who want a little variety even within the same sandbox like the rest of the engines have.
We deserve coop matchmaking for campaign playlists and Spartan Ops.
this! I agree. I don't have friends who want to play SO, did anyone play episode on chapter 3 solo? I'm sorry but killing calmed for an hour because I'm the only one shooting gets really old really fast
A problem I've noticed with ODST being put in with the MCC it has made its own problems to add on to the current ones. The most glaring one is that fact that I cannot go back into theater and watch a clip so I can take a screenshot of the amazing atmosphere. Around 20 seconds into the clip I will get an error message, get kicked to the main menu, and given a message that says I lost connection to the game. This is a very serious problem for all the people wanting to take pictures and share them on their file share and should be dealt with instantly as well as adding in more slots to hold temporary clips. Theater on MCC has been very limited and this just adds to that. The community wants to share their clips/pictures with everyone playing, but we cant do it with the issues that are currently standing. Thank you for putting ODST for free on MCC and I hope you will fix this problem soon so that I may continue enjoying it to its full potential.
In my opinion it has been compensation enough, I do agree with the point about the cut off date but for the most part the compensation has been fine. I've been wanting a remake of relic for ages, I loved ODST and MCC works for me not that I use MP or COOP and I mean the free XBL is always good because I don't have a job
Honestly, it really wasn't enough. This game has been broken for awhile, and i was more than glad to hang on because its Halo! And 343i has tried there best and seems like they do care. I really appreciate the free ODST, the free gold, the free map, the constant updates and all of that! It shows 343i cares and we should be thankful they aren't some developer that leaves its fans hanging out in the wind.

BBBBBBBUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT, that doesn't excuse their negligence when it comes to ignoring FIREFIGHT!!!! How do you ignore only the most memorable part of the game?! Does no one remember what fun it was to get the VidMaster achievements on firefight? Or the great fun it was when iron was turned on and every bullet counted when it came to survival? There's gratitude, and then there's common sense. Use common sense, the mode should've been ported. Don't settle for less, protest! Make your voices heard and join the cause. If everyone chants the samething we can make a difference. Demand firefight as halo fans, there is nothing wrong with it. 343i listens, so let them hear us.

After all the firefight maps in ODST are basically the campaign maps. Come on how hard can that be to make. Yet they managed Spartan Ops? Wow, does no one else see how shady that is? And please no one use that server excuse, its pathetic. We should expect 343i to get this right, bot expect them fail. They fixed their server problem didn't they? I mean I'm playing quite fine thankfully, so come on. Everyone wants this
I would pay 20$ bucks for a Reach Campaign remaster or ODST firefight!
If they added firefight, I would think that would be enough as far as compensation goes.
Here's the reason the compensiation is NOT ENOUGH - it's more content for a game that is still broken. Most of the community is no longer playing this game. Most of us held off getting refunds BECAUSE THEY WERE DANGLING "COMPENSATION COMING" OVER OUR HEADS LIKE A CARROT. 343 needs to get people playing Halo again leading up to 5, and ODST sure as hell isn't going to do that.

I think fair compensation would be to give us free "season pass" or "pre download" content for Halo 5 if there is any at all. We deserve it, and nothing they add to that steaming pile of -Yoink-, the MCC, is going to make up for the disaster this game is.
Leedo21 wrote:
Give people an inch they expect a mile...

Yes, it is enough. It is more than enough. 343i has all but bent over backwards to please a disgruntled fan base. If you bought the MCC after the "Free ODST" cutoff date, then you knew what you were getting into.
Thank you! Enjoy what you have friends! This is an excellent compensation and MCC is a great product!
You're definition of great is closer to my definition of poor. I don't know how you can say that the MCC is a great product. It had one of the worst launches ever and it is still not fixed after multiple patches 9 months later. I don't care if it's five games in one for $60. It still has to work. People need to stop justifying their blind loyalty to 343 by saying that the MCC is a great value. I play this game as much as I can because I love Halo. But I know that this game was, and still is, broken. Of course it has gotten much better but that doesn't mean I should just shut up and color. 343 has at least tried to appease us and make us whole but that doesn't make this a great product.

Here is something to think about. Let's say you bought a new car. That car only starts 1 out of 10 times you try it. The dealer spends the better part of a year trying to make the car work as it should. Throughout all this the dealer gave you free air fresheners and a new set of tires. Would you praise the dealership and say the car was a great product? Of course, a car is a much larger investment than a game but that doesn't mean you should forgive faults in a product just because it didnt cost that much. The bottom line is, 343 sold me something that has still not worked as they advertised it would. A video game may not be that expensive, but it's something that should give me a lot of entertainment. The time I spent trying to play this game an failing is worth something to me. I'm sorry, but I will not ignore the fact that 343 ruined the best experience I ever had in gaming just because they are giving me free stuff. I appreciate their efforts, and I may even forgive them but I won't let them forget what they did.
i am very sad. I buy halo tmcc december 31 2014. I had problems playing online too. it's not fair for me. 😞😭

I want my code for halo Odst free to!
nope,
1. everyone that bought the game should get everything, not just the ones before x-mas.

2. they should have remade more than just one map in h2a, yeah odst is great in all but that's nothing really.

but they won't 343i will just keep pushing halo 5 and try and forget about MCC. they will come up with one excuse after another as to why the MCC is the way it is. it doesn't matter because 343i just doesn't really care, they care only enough to not get sued.

If they really cared they would have done more and gave it out to everyone that bought the MCC new.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 6